PDA

View Full Version : Construction flaw forces out-ing

jjjjohanne
09-19-2006, 05:00 AM
Yesterday, my wife was working from home. She heard a crash and thought it was in another apartment. Later, she went into the bedroom and found that the modular shelving in our apartment closet pulled out of the wall and fell down. Perhaps it wasn't attached to the studs...

She called me to let me know and the first thing that went through my mind was that my stuff was in there. My wife knows about my CDing and is not interested in being involved. So I don't expose her to much of it. She is nervous about me going out in public, so I don't tell her about my little outings. I started thinking... She is going to see my shoes and that they have some dirt in the soles because I have worn them outside! I wasn't as worried about her seeing my wardrobe. I don't own much, but more than she has only seen a little under half of it. I haven't shopped in ages.

Well, when I got home, she was out of the house, so I had a chance to see what had happened. The apartment complex sent someone to hang the shelves back up. I think they just screwed it back into the same holes!! I started hanging some clothes back on it and seeing how strong it was. I found my clothes. Nothing seems to have been tampered with very much. My shoe boxes were in a stack. When she came home, she didn't even mention it. This isn't how I thought this would work out! So, nothing to speak of currently.

Joe

Karren H
09-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Yoy were lucky girl...could have been a disaster if she were in the closet at the time and your fem things came raining down on her.....lol

Love Karren

Angie G
09-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Maybe shes allright with it let us know :hugs:
Angie

Charleen
09-19-2006, 09:50 AM
First time I've heard of a closet outing itself! Love and xxxx, Lily

julie w
09-19-2006, 04:25 PM
I had a bad experience when I sold my last house I keeped my femme clothes behind a false wall . in the basement when the home inspectors came
with the new owner , they took the false wall down .and found my stuff
I had my mom watching the house as I was at work . when I got home
she said I dont know what was going on in the basement but they were
laughing very loud ( I did)

jjjjohanne
09-21-2006, 07:00 AM
My wife knows I dress up, but she doesn't like it, so I keep it quiet for her. She didn't know what clothes I had in there (not that there were many) so that was an exposure. Second, if she looked into my shoe boxes, she might have noticed that there was dirt/soil in the soles of the shoes of my three pairs of shoes, including my heels!! That would tell her I have been outside. She never mentioned anything about my stuff. I was a bit surprised.

I love my wonderful wife, and I don't mind if she doesn't support this. I understand. I sometimes wish I wasn't this way as well. I am SO happy that I struggle with the temptation to dress enfemme instead of some other things that could damage our relationship or things that are illegal. This isn't so bad as it could be!

Katrina
09-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Wow. Sounds like you could have been busted if she was more curious/observant. If she isn't cool with it, I don't blame you for not pushing the subject. Even more reason to have your wardrobe keep a low profile.

EricaCD
09-21-2006, 11:58 PM
First time I've heard of a closet outing itself! Love and xxxx, Lily

:lol2:

Fantastic. Thanks!
Erica

Billijo49504
09-22-2006, 12:19 AM
WOW! The closet is trying to tell you it time for that talk. I hope it was secured better this time...BJ

Bernadina
09-22-2006, 10:07 PM
That's different.

Our closet crash was caused by the weight of all the dresses and gowns my wife and I had in the closet. I've since reinforced the closet substantially and its fuller than ever.