PDA

View Full Version : Still couldn't tell her

heathr1
09-19-2006, 07:19 AM
I've just complimented a GG I know who is some years older than myself on her matching pink nail polish and lipstick.

It made her day and said what a refreshing change it is to hear something like that from a man and how sweet it was to tell her.

She was wondering whether pink was 'her'.

I wanted to tell her I like lipstick myself....But couldn't.

swiss_susan
09-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Well,

look on the bright side you did not come out to her, but you made her day. Bringing a smile to someones face is invaluable. nice job

Paula Thomas
09-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Heathr - You could have responded "If I were to wear lipstick, what color do you think would be 'me'?"

Depending on her reaction, you could decide whether to carry the conversation on to other (or more detailed) subjects, or to drop the subject.

Charleen
09-19-2006, 08:27 AM
I've found out over the years that not all conversations have to be about me! Giving a complement to someone is a usually always appriciated by the person, and if thanked, I just say you're welcome. Been my experience that both of us feel good, and ain't that the name of the tune? To help others? You helped her feel good about the way she looked, and brightened her day and that's what counts. BTW, didn't you feel good about it as well?
Love and xxxx, Lily

Karren H
09-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Its a hard thing to do!! But women love it when you compliment them...hey I love it when someone compliments me, dressed enfemme or in male mode!! I've been complimenting some of the girls around work. And some look at you real funny at first...like "Ok, what's your motive behind that"!! Lol. If they only knew!! Hehehe

Keep it up!!

Love Karren

Robin Leigh
09-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Women don't expect to get compliments like that from guys, so it immediately tells them that you have a "sensitive side". It's certainly not the kind of line a macho guy would use. It doesn't mean that she instantly knows that your gay or TG, but if she responds favourably, it's a good indication that she'd be sympathetic to hearing more about you.

Robin