PDA

View Full Version : Do I belong here?

secrets
09-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Hi all,
I am a straight guy who enjoys wearing some female clothes, I am not into frilly stuff or trying to look female, I just wear what I like in a 'male' sort of way. I guess I am just more in touch with my female side without wanting to actually be female.
Am I a freak or do I belong somewhere, are there others like me?

secrets.

Marla S
09-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Yes you belong here or maybe better to the MtF subforum.
There are others like you here too, though they usually don't show up with pics like the "women-fraction" does.
Welcome.:)

secrets
09-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Marla, thanks for pointing me in the right direction,
I think I need the room next door!
(I will try the other sub-forum as you suggested)

thanks, secrets.

Karren H
09-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the club...I'm also a straight male and love wearing womens clothing...at first just a few things. Lingerie..etc...then 3 years ago my "hobby" came back with a vengence...

So we are all at varying degrees crossdressers...

Love Karren

Jennaie
09-19-2006, 07:28 PM
You belong wherever you feel comfortable. It's hard for anyone but you to decide. If you like it here, enjoy, if you feel you don't fit in, find somewhere that makes you feel wanted.

carol ann
09-19-2006, 07:29 PM
It just grows on you! enjoy it while you can

Butterfly Bill
09-19-2006, 07:41 PM
I am androgynous and do not attempt to look like a woman. But some of my stuff does have lace, do I don't reject all frills. But I am still another like you. The place you belong is out the door and into the store, then bringing back more.

You might find some other kindred spirits at http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/index.php

Rachel Morley
09-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Hello Secrets,

Weird?...hell no! Crossdressers (just like everyone else in the world) come in many shapes and sizes and we all have different likes and dislikes about this wonderful thing that we enjoy.

Everyone here knows that wearing women's clothes feels nice. They grip you in different places than men's clothes (especially underwear), they feel different on your body and that strange different feeling is nice, and we like it....and that's totally ok. :happy:

Wearing girl's clothes in a male sort of way (girly guy for me) is self expression and that's never a bad thing.

Take care
Angel

P.S. I'm curious, why did you think it was important to tell us in your first sentence that you were straight?

KimberlyS
09-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Secrets, welcome to the club. I dress in a wide variety of ways. But I am most comfortable just as a feminine guy who wears a mix of feminine and masculine clothes depending on my mood.

Just be who you are and enjoy it.

KimberlyS - CD
A guy in a skirt

USNguyNskirt
09-19-2006, 08:36 PM
<---guy in skirt. You belong here, as do I. We are still crossdressers. Cheers

secrets
09-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks everyone, I need to spend more time reading about all your experiences, I think that will help.

Angel, I find that most people around me associate crossdressing with being homosexual which it is not, but I should have realised that I dont need to explain that in here! sorry!

Sharon
09-20-2006, 06:41 PM
There are numerous niches within the transexual/crossdressing population and everyone of them belongs as far as I'm concerned. I believe you are probably in the majority group if there is one.

Charleen
09-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Hey, if the shoes with the 4" heels fit.............
Love and xxxx, Lily

Lawren
09-20-2006, 08:47 PM
No, you are not a freak. You're just a guy who enjoys having an alternate wardrobe. Just like many of us here. You are not alone.
Like you, I like to wear the clothes as just another part of my wardrobe. I do not believe or pretend that I am a woman. Nor do I want to be female. If/when I ever do decide to "go out" dressed again I will have to act like a woman because, like so many others, I would like to be believable. I think that, to be believable, I must not only wear the clothes properly but present them properly also. I know that may seem like splitting hairs but there is a distinguishable difference. I just want to be seen as me in different clothes and/or mode when I am out there.

noname
09-21-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm in the same boat you are. I don't try to look like a girl, but I feel very restricted with mens clothing. ( boring central ) I consider myself open minded. What I have found though, is that one can wear a non guy item with out much of a problem. The key being "a" non guy item.

Kiwi Primrose
09-21-2006, 01:27 AM
Every one of us is different - not by much maybe - but different.
I'm sure you will find that we all dress to the limits of our current desires and in my experience dressing en femme has made me a softer and more mellow person. My wife appreciates this and often comments on it
Enjoy your life and you can do what you want as long as you dont hurt other people.
You are among friends here, I'm sure.
Love
Primrose

miche_miche
09-21-2006, 02:20 AM
hi secrets, there are a lot of different varieties here. it seems that many of us have a few things in common. we feel that crossdressing is a permanent part of who we are. we don't really have a clue why. but the way we express it - different, different, different! you're sure to find someone a lot like you. over the years i've evolved and changed and changed back and tried on as many category labels as i've tried on clothes. like the clothes, it seems that none of them fit exactly. finding girls-just-like-me is reassuring. talking to those not-like-me-at-all still gives me a deeper understanding of who i am. it took courage for you to come to this list, that alone proves you do belong. welcome!

swiss_susan
09-21-2006, 02:54 AM
Seems to me that if you enjoy it here then your in the right place.

There is no "correct" way to crossdress. Just do what you enjoy and have fun in life.

Welcome

Sheila
09-21-2006, 07:41 AM
secrets :hello: and :welcom:,

Am I a freak ----- BIG NO WAY

do I belong somewhere ------- HERE ISN'T A BAD PLACE TO BELONG:D

are there others like me ---- NO HUN THERE AREN'T ---- YOU ARE UNIQUE ------but there are others who share your love of female clothes, and a great bunch they are.

Jess(SO(

Angie G
09-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Yes you belong here and are welcome here so relax and enjoy your stay :hugs:
Angie

Siobhan Marie
09-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi Secrets, welcome to the forum, you belong here as much as the rest of us.

:hugs: Anna x

Jenniferritchie
09-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Secrets, hi, do you belong here? we all belong somewhere and if you enjoy the the pleasures of wearing fem clothes then you belong here as long as you feel comforable being here. the good thing is there is no-one here that will judge you for doing what you want do, but there are a lot of girls who will share their experiences with you that may help you feel more comfortable and possibily lead you to greater things if that is the way you want to go. Homeasexuallity what difference does that make? you are who you are, if it is of any help you will find that there are a great number of "straight" guys who cross dress for the pleasure and relaxation, the freedom of choice is only limited by your own limitations.As you have probaly read there are guys who have their partners know of their need, desire ,want to cross dress. to sum up, WELCOME and enjoy yourself amongst this new family