PDA

View Full Version : Opinion regarding makeup ... Please

Byllie
09-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Am I foolish? I have a full beard, neatly trimmed of course, but I also love to wear makeup. I think I'm getting pretty good at. So, am I foolish to use makeup while I have a beard? Note, the beard needs to stay as this is a compromise with my wife.

P.S. Having a beard means I never have to worry about a 5 o'clock shadow.
:p

Marla S
09-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Can't see anything foolish in it.
Makeup is used to pronounce or conceal facial features in the first instance.
That is predominately used by women is a different thing.
I think I look better with makeup and don't care about the beardshadow or one-day beard, but integrate it. Doesn't look like a women, but if I think about it: I am no woman :D

KimberlyS
09-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Byllie, we each CD in our own ways. If you are comfortable doing that, I say go for it and keep it up. And if your wife goes along with it even better.

KimberlyS - CD
a guy in a skirt

angelfire
09-19-2006, 08:05 PM
you can always wear subtle make-up, just to accentuate your features more. If it is less noticeable, maybe it will make you feel less foolish about it.

But regardless, we CD for ourselves, so if you feel like doing it, go ahead.

bean
09-19-2006, 08:27 PM
I where make up 24/7. some times a little and sometimes a lot. you do what works for you and your SO.

Byllie
09-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Thank you all. I don't feel so foolish, now. My second question is whether or not to go to a CD gathering with beard and makeup. I know, I'm probably being ridiculous, but I do need to ask.

Jennaie
09-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Go as you wish. I'ts ok to be who you are, and they know that too.

angelfire
09-19-2006, 09:10 PM
I'd say the same thing. They are there for support, not to be judgemental. Everyone there is into the same thing, you just express it slightly different.

MsJanessa
09-20-2006, 10:21 AM
start using eye make up and lip stick---I assume you are just dressing around the house for your own pleasure and that's fine if you have a beard and can't or won't shave it. Give the SO time to get adjusted and eventually you will be able to shave the beard without to much trama from her and then you two can go shopping or clubbing togather en femme

Sandra
09-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Make your eyes your best feature, and no your not being ridiculous these groups are there for support.

DonnaT
09-20-2006, 03:04 PM
See Johnny Depp's image in the Pirates of the Caribbean

Jenniferritchie
09-20-2006, 03:13 PM
iIf you feel comfortable with your beard then it is ok. do not let others dictate how you chose to cd. It is all about you, there are many different types of CD'ers so what difference will one other make, it just completes the diverse types of CD'ers. Good on you i say:thumbsup:

Bev06 GG
09-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Well Byllie,
I think your keeping your beard for your wife is quite the most unselfish thing ive ever heard on here. I think its a great compromise. I dont think there is a CD anywhere who'd judge you because youde chosen to keep your facial hair, infact I reckon theyde admire you, I certainly do.
Interesting what someone said about pirates tho. Have you ever considered starting a new trend, you know go for a completely different look with the makeup, almost draggy, or would that make you feel uncomfortable. And like Sandra says, concentrate on the eyes.
Take care
BEVxxxx

Sky
09-20-2006, 03:28 PM
So, am I foolish to use makeup while I have a beard?

Yep.

My second question is whether or not to go to a CD gathering with beard and makeup. I know, I'm probably being ridiculous...

Don't.

ArleneRaquel
09-20-2006, 03:30 PM
At a CD gathering with a beard - Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOO !:love: From Katrina

Ashley in Virginia
09-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Do what you want. Ask yourself, do you cd for yourself or others? If you are cool with it, I am too.

Shelby67
09-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Im in a similar situation with my wife she llikes chest hair. I personally dont but life is about compromises and yes eyes are the most important feature we have. They are the gateway to your soul.:hugs:

Byllie
09-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Girls, you've made me feel sooooo good. Blessings to you all!

GG Vanya
09-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Am I foolish? I have a full beard, neatly trimmed of course, but I also love to wear makeup. I think I'm getting pretty good at. So, am I foolish to use makeup while I have a beard? Note, the beard needs to stay as this is a compromise with my wife.

P.S. Having a beard means I never have to worry about a 5 o'clock shadow.
:p

Is Johnny Depp foolish? Is Michael Jackso....oops strike that one!~

Seriously though, most actors wear makeup, with or without facial hair, and not just "base" either. Many of them wear eye enhancing makeup.

You can also include male talk show hosts, and news reporters.

Joy Carter
09-20-2006, 11:37 PM
At at the circus I have seen a bearded lady. Nice second job. Just ask for have the take at the box office.:D

Billijo49504
09-20-2006, 11:44 PM
If it makes you feel good, enjoy it. What is it going to hurt?? Probably nothing. JMHO I think you should just enjoy being you...BJ

Robin Leigh
09-21-2006, 06:56 AM
I've worn eye makeup with a beard. You get good at not looking at your chin in the mirror. :)

I had a full beard & mustache when I told my first major gf about my enjoyment for lingerie, about 6 weeks into the relationship and several months before we started to live together. She was fairly positive about it, but I think the beard helped her to deal with it. Six months later I shaved off the beard & moe. She was a bit annoyed at first, but soon got used to it. She realized that I really needed to go outside dressed, and without a beard would be far less embarrassing for both of us. :)

I guess some SOs (& some CDs) think that having a beard is a way of making sure that the CDing stays inside. Trust me, it's not guaranteed. Never underestimate the power of the Pink Fog. :)

Robin

Kate Simmons
09-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Sounds good to me, Hon.:happy: Ericka Kay

trannie T
09-23-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm a fat guy wearing a dress, and you're asking me for fashion advice?