PDA

View Full Version : On to harder things...

sandra-leigh
09-19-2006, 11:14 PM
We all know that when it comes to crossdressing, one thing leads to another...

KarenSusan
09-19-2006, 11:16 PM
We all know that when it comes to crossdressing, one thing leads to another...

...you mean the need to transition?

sandra-leigh
09-19-2006, 11:19 PM
yeah,,,,,,,,,,, and?

Gee you gurls are fast! Two replies already in the 3 minutes it took to enter the poll itself!

pantyhose46202
09-19-2006, 11:19 PM
I have always loved to wear hose. Just like I am now

:D

Jamie

angelfire
09-19-2006, 11:20 PM
I started with panties, then got curious about bras. Then once I got started on bras, I wanted to try skirts. Then I needed a top to match, and now I am looking to start with make-up. Jeez, I am starting to worry about how femme I am going to be soon.

Charleen
09-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Yeah, already deleted the last post as I put it up before the poll showed up! anywho, Where is the all of the above choice? Well maybe not the knitting. Love and xxxx, Lily

sandra-leigh
09-19-2006, 11:45 PM
anywho, Where is the all of the above choice?

It's a multiple-choice poll, so go ahead and choose them all!

Well maybe not the knitting.

I find it interesting that there is little discussion of interest in "traditional" feminine activities. A small number of people have mentioned that they sew. Several have mentioned a fondness for cooking, but a lot of men cook (especially if it involves fire :heehee:). Few of us seem to drift towards the traditional arts such as knitting, crochet, weaving, macrame, spinning, lace-making, or embroidery. Curious, that.

angelfire
09-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Knitting was invented by a man though, who happened to be a sailor. Passed the time I guess, but has somehow become a stereotypically female hobby.

Charleen
09-20-2006, 12:03 AM
I do sew. Ran a sewing machine in the service. Cook, clean, mend, not a problem. I do draw on occasion, like when I'm not cooking, cleaning, mending, or am on here. Been a long time that I picked up a pencil now that I think about it. Busy, busy, busy, as Billy DeWolfe used to say.
Love and xxxx, Lily

Ellaine
09-20-2006, 12:58 AM
I find it interesting that there is little discussion of interest in "traditional" feminine activities. A small number of people have mentioned that they sew. Several have mentioned a fondness for cooking, but a lot of men cook (especially if it involves fire :heehee:). Few of us seem to drift towards the traditional arts such as knitting, crochet, weaving, macrame, spinning, lace-making, or embroidery. Curious, that.

Is it really so surprising? Even ironing seems to have declined. Women are so much more than kitchen/bedroom appliances nowadays. When they are not shopping,they seem to be busy competing!

simonep
09-20-2006, 02:05 AM
I think panties are the gateway to the entire realisation of your other side!!

Love

Simone :heehee:

Tina Dixon
09-20-2006, 02:46 AM
If you start with panties the next thing with out a doubt is a bra.

Joy Carter
09-20-2006, 02:56 AM
I think panties are the gateway to the entire realisation of your other side!!

Love

Simone :heehee:

This is your mind :o This is your mind on drugs:doll:

Simone :yrtw:

Sheila
09-20-2006, 03:02 AM
Is it really so surprising? Even ironing seems to have declined. Women are so much more than kitchen/bedroom appliances nowadays. When they are not shopping,they seem to be busy competing!

Women competing Surely not a sexist remark !!:tongueout

can you not make that women fullfilling their potential :D :D :D

Robin Leigh
09-20-2006, 03:52 AM
What about pantihose? :)

I was taught to knit by my Mum when I was young, but I really can't remember if that was before or after she dressed me as a girl for a school play. FWIW, my Mum was taught to knit by her Dad; my grandmother didn't have the patience. :)

Robin

Susan Johnson
09-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Panties were the start, then a bra, filled with stockings to pad it out, then a girdle then tried stockings to attach to the girdle then a skirt and blouse, all my mothers without her knowledge. no shoes available in my size.
Susan

Tina_N
09-20-2006, 04:12 AM
It's a multiple-choice poll, so go ahead and choose them all!

:timeout:
Now you tell me. I already voted and this board won't let you go back and change your vote or vote again to get it right. :(

With that in mind, I vote for all of the above (with the exception of knitting, I learned that before I discovered panties).
:heehee:

Keely
09-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Yes, all of the above, except knitting.

Caitlintgsd
09-20-2006, 05:30 AM
...you mean the need to transition?

I think that this would be "not likely". Granted I only read a few of the posts in this thread. If you're not ts why would you transition? These threads of "I'd fit in my jeans better if I had SRS, etc" typically don't relect the thought of those of us that truly feel anguish. Personally I feel that those kinds of posts are discounting or ridicule. Sorry, just my personal thoughts, didn't mean to be brutal pr offend anybody.

Billijo49504
09-20-2006, 06:18 AM
All of the above, wxcept the knitting. But I do sew, so that take it's place...BJ

Krystal Lee
09-20-2006, 07:00 AM
I am in the same boat as Billi Jo. I don't knit but do sew.

Hugs Krystal.

Marla S
09-20-2006, 07:12 AM
I find that interesting too, but predominately because of CDing has a lot to do with stereotyping, at least in the beginning, so "I want to be a women" should include that too.
On the other side these stereotypes are from a time a hundered years ago. Only very few women I know are doing stuff like that.
I did almost all of the above, at least temporarily, from childhood on (besisdes some more "boyish" activities) but never really related it to CDing, or did it because of I am a CD (sewing fem clothes is easier and more fun than sewing men's clothes, though).

Back to your initial question: If I had to name something as the gateway it has been pentyhose.

allisonrn06
09-20-2006, 07:21 AM
I voted for bras,even though my gateway was pantyhose and heels,which pretty much led directly to everything else, although it was close to 9 years after I tired the first 2 until I tried everything else.

krissysSecret
09-20-2006, 08:50 AM
It is the panties fault....yes..thats it! They led me down this road...its ALL THEIR FAULT!!!!
Knitting anyone???

sandra-leigh
09-20-2006, 09:10 AM
What about pantihose? :)

Dang, slipped my mind when I was deciding on the choices. Looks like I can't add it in now.

christie
09-20-2006, 09:15 AM
I started with panties and have worked my way up to everything else. Panties are my main dressing staple. I start there and coordinate everything else.

Christie

sandra-leigh
09-20-2006, 09:27 AM
On the other side these stereotypes are from a time a hundered years ago. Only very few women I know are doing stuff like that.

Though girdles and corsets are old stereotypes too, but a fair number of crossdressers go for corsets especially. And stockings with garter-belts. Skirts and dresses go back for centuries; the use of Kohl for eye makeup goes back to ancient Egypt.

So we take up the appearance readily, but relatively few of us take up the crafts.

Should I have added a choice of "watching soap operas" or "watching TV talk shows" ??

Siobhan Marie
09-20-2006, 12:17 PM
I put skirts, which is where I went after panties, but I would say all of it except the kniting as that is something I don't do.

:hugs: Anna x

Angie G
09-20-2006, 12:31 PM
No none of that for me I like my scroll saw and other power tools I let the wife do the other stuff ( Ido sit ti pee.) :hugs:
Angie

VtVicky
09-20-2006, 01:31 PM
I checked bras, but the item I really went to next was slips...full and half.

Teresa Amina
09-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Heels were my "entry drug" way back when I was very young, and led to bras first, then pantyhose. Now what do we call my new adventure- laser beard removal? Gotta be somewhere between heroin and LSD, don't ya think?:D

stefie22
09-20-2006, 11:28 PM
i voted skirts but i never started whit panties. i started wearing a dress.i went on from there to npantyhose then to panties. the other part is i only cook.

Erica Lynne
09-20-2006, 11:48 PM
I started adding from the inside out, panties then bras, but it got better from there! Hose and slips, dresses and pantsuits! I learned basic sewing from mom (I got real good marks in the Navy for "keeping my uniform in good repair"). I taught my wife to cook when we first married and we still share in that activity. I can still make a "scratch cake".

Erica :be:

Marla S
09-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Though girdles and corsets are old stereotypes too, but a fair number of crossdressers go for corsets especially. And stockings with garter-belts. Skirts and dresses go back for centuries; the use of Kohl for eye makeup goes back to ancient Egypt.

So we take up the appearance readily, but relatively few of us take up the crafts.
Clothes are only a very limited part of womanhood. What you discribe becomes a bit odd only if it is combined with the statement "I feel like a woman" or "I am a woman". Otherwise it is just picking up a certain aspect of feminine culture and that maybe even throught the eye of a man. In principle there is nothing to crit about that, as long as it isn't confused with womanhood.

Sam-antha
09-21-2006, 02:13 PM
I have polled in favour of the bra, but really I think it may have been the suspender belt/stocking item. If it was not then it was a close old fashioned second.
~Samm

Cassy11
09-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Shoes started it all and are still a drain on my wallet, er pocket book, er purse, what ever.

Cassy

paulaN
09-21-2006, 04:01 PM
I could not vote cuz there was no "all of the above" listed he he!!!!!

Lisa Golightly
09-21-2006, 04:12 PM
I can't say knickers were of any interest to me, and to be honest even now unless I'm dressing to impress I tend to go for comforters rather than 'playboy' types. I was... and I'm being honest here... I was more into the 'art' of fashion. I used to buy Barbie dolls with my pocket money and Barbie didn't wear knickers I'm afraid... naughty girl!

So, yeah.... art. Dresses, fabrics, shoes, design and art... :)

sandra-leigh
09-21-2006, 05:41 PM
I could not vote cuz there was no "all of the above" listed he he!!!!!

It's a multiple choice poll, so click just click 'em all ;-)

WINDDANCERS
09-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Well'' It's All Good,,