PDA

View Full Version : Hair down?

fionasboots
09-20-2006, 04:05 PM
My hair is relatively long at the minute due to being away from home and hanging on to get it cut before I fly out for a 6 week business trip!

So, in drab I look a mess - my hair is naturally curly so I look like a mop. When cut I have no 8 on top which is maybe 1/2 to 3/4inch long, now it's more like 1.5 inch long!

Anyway, just to see what it would be like I combed my hair flat after having a shower so that I have a bit of a fringe.

Erm, it sort of looks a bit girly :heehee:

Sort of (and I'm seriously deluding myself here) a bit like Kylie's current short style.

I daren't post a pic but I do wonder how long my hair would have to be to get away with a short girlie look? It's going to get a good 6 weeks (maybe more) to grow again and I can probably use gel to keep it looking blokee while in work.

Hmmm, like I say I could just be deluding myself; I mean I'm good at that, I can even manage to think I can look like a sexy, attractive woman, so a hair-do is probably really easy :heehee:

So thoughts on natural girlie-look hair please!

Charleen
09-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Hi Fiona, Noticed that noone was answering your thread, so here I am. Maybe not the best to post thogh as that hair you see in the avatar is mine, and you're talking about 1.5" hair being long. Oh well. Maybe the best thing to do is go to a stylist and talk to him or her. They can probably give you ideas on how to keep it and switch between fem and drab.
Live and xxxx, Lily

Sandra
09-21-2006, 08:27 AM
I was going to say what Lily has, go see a hairdresser and ask for advice.

Carroll
09-21-2006, 08:46 AM
I, unfortunately or fortunately don't have your problem. If I grew my hair I would look like a pathetic aging hippie because of a receding hair line and a bald top!

Angie G
09-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Hi Fiona guys have had long hair for some time now it on big thing my hair isa good 3 inches or better when I was a youngster my hair was down past my shoulders what I'm saying is long hair no a man is acceptable :hugs:
Angie

fionasboots
09-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Okay I would like to state "I hate you" to anyone that is in the position that they can grow long hair with anyone bothering :tongueout

For a start my wife is not going to be too happy and also, as an IT consultant it wouldn't got down too well with work either ... and if I didn't have that job how would I afford all my clothes and shoes :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm also 'blessed' with curly hair that is pretty thick so it'd need to be really long to actually look long ... in fact I think it would probably continue to grow up and out until it got to about 4" when gravity may finally get the better of it!

Lily, I'm jealous, your hair looks really nice!

Well, I think I'll try the short look again tonight then I think I'll see if I can get it chopped this weekend which means I'll still be away on business 7 weeks later when it should be even longer!

Maybe if I'm feeling *really* brave (or drunk) I'll post a pic then!

Lisa Golightly
09-21-2006, 12:48 PM
as an IT consultant it wouldn't got down too well with work either ... and if I didn't have that job how would I afford all my clothes and shoes :rolleyes:

I work in IT and I have long hair and high heels... If you're good no-one cares.

sandra-leigh
09-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Okay I would like to state "I hate you" to anyone that is in the position that they can grow long hair with anyone bothering :tongueout

For a start my wife is not going to be too happy and also, as an IT consultant it wouldn't got down too well with work either

I am in IT, and I have gone in and out of long-hair phases (down to about touching my shoulders) for years. No-one remarks on my long hair, and few people notice if I get it cut from there to to mid-length; on the other hand, if I go to a good barber or stylist and get my hair cut much shorter, then I get compliments.

The last two times, I've gone to a stylist who knows I'm a cross-dresser (and who has a number of CD friends), and had my hair cut a bit more ambiguously, not a "male" or "female" cut.

My hair is getting mid-length again, long enough that I can tuck clip-on earrings on at the top of my ears and have them mostly hidden. I can do the same with the clip-ons mid-way down my ears, but that's about the place my ears stick out the most, and compounded with the way clip-ons mount, result in the earrings sticking out from under my hair... more noticable, really, than if I put the clip-ons at the bottom of my ears, where they are not completely covered but at least don't look like ear-antennae!

I'd like to find some small clip-on stud-type earrings, very small and with just enough mounting to keep them on.

fionasboots
09-24-2006, 03:46 AM
I work in IT and I have long hair and high heels... If you're good no-one cares.

I would imagine that, in some of my past jobs, I would also have got away with any sort of atire/hair-style etc ... IT does seem to be fairly relax if, as you say, you're good enough that they don't care.

However, since I have been on lots of customer sites and have had pretty short hair they would certainly notice if I grew my hair longer (I mean really long) and it is possible, with the clients I work with, that someone may take offence (maybe I'm being unfair, maybe they wouldn't). So it's a bit much of a risk at the moment sadly.

Long hair AND high heels, okay, you get your own "I HATE YOU" and an extra one "I HATE YOU" 'cos you look so good in your avatar! :tongueout

Karen Johnson
09-24-2006, 03:50 AM
No brag, just fact. I have beautiful hair, thick and managable. All my life I've been told that most women would love to have hair like mine.

And then the bald spot in the back began to show.

If you're going to find out, do it now.

Rachael
09-24-2006, 04:05 AM
Hi Fiona

If you can grow your hair do it. Mine used to be past my shoulders. but ano domini and genes mean that it is now mostly down the plug hole. Despite my wife telling me to keep it, I have now cut it very short. I don't think the comb over look is very sexy. Grow it if you can and to hell with what people think.

Do you live to work or work to live?:hugs:

Kate Simmons
09-24-2006, 06:52 AM
I'm bald as Rich but wish I had hair. I could experience the "joys" of washing it and styling it and the frustration that it won't go the way I want it to just like women do. Talk about challenges, right? With wigs, all I have to do is throw them on and comb or brush them a little. Think I'm definately missing something here!:happy: Ericka Kay

fionasboots
09-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Hi Fiona

If you can grow your hair do it. Mine used to be past my shoulders. but ano domini and genes mean that it is now mostly down the plug hole. Despite my wife telling me to keep it, I have now cut it very short. I don't think the comb over look is very sexy. Grow it if you can and to hell with what people think.

I like the sentiment, and it's certainly rather tempting ... hmmm, maybe when my wife has coem to terms a bit with the whole CD thing ... and then when she's got me to move departments at work so I stay in the country and don't spend most of the year away on client sites ... hmmm, yes, nice desk job in IT ... I could settle in to the wearing of long hair, and maybe even high heels like Lisa! :heehee:

Do you live to work or work to live?:hugs:

Actually ... I probably fall more towards the first category :rolleyes:

fionasboots
09-26-2006, 12:00 AM
I'd like to find some small clip-on stud-type earrings, very small and with just enough mounting to keep them on.

I found this site a while ago:

http://www.danistroom.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=44

and it's very tempting to order something from there since I'd love to wear earrings (hmm, wonder why ... probably the subject of another thread that) but I guess that having them pierced is going to be a definite no-no!

Unless (and I'm hijacking my own thread here) you can get your ears pierced and the holes won't show? Now I suppose if I grew my hair I could slove two problems at once :heehee: