PDA

View Full Version : Moisturiser

fionasboots
09-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Or moisturizer for you American girls :heehee:

I have very dry skin and ironically this is worse when I am away on business (when I get to dress the most) since I tend to make full use of the excellent showers that hotels seem to have!

I have mens Nivea moisturizer and that seems to help a little but I wonder if anyone could recommend something that would work through the day and also any sort of cream for night-time so I wake up with baby-soft skin in the morning*.

Either UK or US answers would be fine since I'm going to be out in the US soon anyway.

[ * - Okay, I know this won't really happen, blokes aren't blessed with anything approaching baby-soft, it's more like sandpaper-soft! ]

Siobhan Marie
09-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Fiona, during the day I use Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturiser on my face and Dove Protective Hand Balm on my hands and nails. At night I use Dove Regenrating Night Lotion on my face and Dove Regenerating Hand Cream on my hands and nails and I find that works for me. Hope it helps.

:hugs: Anna x

jamiecd636
09-20-2006, 04:53 PM
My skin is extremely dry also. I love PRESCRIPTVE Intensive Rebuilder. It is very expensive but works great.

Scotty
09-20-2006, 05:39 PM
I use Susave body moisturizer, inexpensive and does the trick.

I like the cuke flavored one, I wear it 24/7, to work, at home, etc.

Femme enough to smell good but not overbearing..

Emma England
09-21-2006, 06:32 AM
I use Nivea. Can't remember the exact name, but it is not specifically for either gender.

At the moment, I am trying Complete Skincare (which is also from Boots).
But it is no better than Nivea, which is cheaper at £1.89 for 250ml.

NickyJane
09-21-2006, 06:53 AM
I suffer from Psoriasis so moisturising is a day to day part of my life. I use a neutral "Emouliant" called diprobase. Availible only on prescription it is fantastic! I work in a manual job and my hands are as soft as a babys bum!

Nicky Jane

XXX

Kate Simmons
09-21-2006, 07:20 AM
You need a moisturizer "within" also gals. Vitamin E (I take 1000 I.U. a day) is a great anti-oxidant that will help your skin stay supple.:happy: Ericka Kay

Robin Leigh
09-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Stress can give you dried skin. Once I was so stressed that the skin on the palms of my hands began to crack. :( I started using Rosken's "Intensive Care" & got great results.

I still use the "Intensive Care" range, but I also use generic Vitamin E cream with Evening Primrose Oil on my face & body. Aloe Vera is also great for the skin, especially fresh Aloe.

I don't use much soap. I wash using Sorbolene, which can also be used as a moisturiser or even as a makeup base.

Robin

Scotty
09-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Had a GG friend once that told me shampoo that is PH balanced is the best soap to use on your body.

I use baby shampoo on my eyelids, seems I'm allergic to something, got it narrowed down to 3 things, cat, air conditioning, or cigarette smoke (I'm quitting!)...

Anyway, who posted about the moisturizer that keeps the leg hair from growing back as fast? I went looking for it and could not find it, seems it was a Jergens brand?

Sandra
09-21-2006, 08:59 AM
This is excellent for dry skin can be a bit expensive but you can also get her products on E-Bay cheaper.

http://www.lizearle.com/index_2.php?

Karren H
09-21-2006, 09:14 AM
I use...Neutrogena Visibly Firm lift serum followed by a generic pro-retinol cream during the day and vasaline intensive care or Ponds Cream at night...

And the wrinkles continue to form but they are well moisturized..hehehe

Getting old sucks but I guess it beats the alternatives....

:D

Love Karren