PDA

View Full Version : Zip! Zap! Sizzle! The prelude...

Teresa Amina
09-20-2006, 09:09 PM
A drab, yet exciting adventure today! A few weeks ago I won a drawing for a $300 coupon to American Laser Centers at the Transgendermichigan Pride in the Park get-together in Ann Arbor. Today was my initial "consultation" for zapping all that awkward facial hair. Got up and out of the house earlier than usual for the drive down to Grand Rapids (the nearest location). It was a gorgeous fall day, temps in the 50s, scudding clouds mixing sun and showers, the leaves on the trees beginning to show quite a bit of color. Arriving late (construction zones!:Angry3: ) I happily found that I had the place to myself and the full attention of the clinic manager. Very nice, she went over the whole program and when she asked if I had any questions I said I wanted to see the Laser itself. Now, these things are still sci-fi material for me; when I was a kid that laser pointer of yours would have been a CIA secret! So I was expecting something about the size of an large fridge with a big god-knows-what to zap you with. It's actually just a little hand held deal attached to what's no bigger than a kitchen trash can. The x-ray machine at the dentist is bigger. But the best part of all this is that, not only did I have my Coupon, but it's an end of summer sale right now with 40% off!:happy: So I'm getting the beard zapped for about Half Off the usual price, well within what I would have felt comfortable paying. Oh yeah, and a two year guarantee (free zapping of "strays"). First session is next week, will let you know how it goes.

Roberta Lynn
09-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Sounds Great!
You going to do before and after Pictures?

:love:

Teresa Amina
09-20-2006, 11:00 PM
You going to do before and after Pictures?

Good idea! I'll let it grow out a couple days and get a before shot, then when the dead stuff works it's way out after each treatment I'll get another.

Billijo49504
09-21-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm in GR and wondering who you are dealing with? I might be interested in doing the same thing....BJ

Teresa Amina
09-21-2006, 06:52 AM
I'm in GR and wondering who you are dealing with? I might be interested in doing the same thing....BJ

Angela at American Laser Centers on Cascade road.

Sandra
09-21-2006, 09:22 AM
It is worth it girls I know it can be expensive, over here it can be from £60 well into the double figures. Nigella has had 5 sessions and the results are fantastic, no more coverage needed just an over the counter foundation.

Teresa if you can take some aloe vera with you to put on after it will cool it down.

Karren H
09-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Very cool!!! I'm waiting for the Ronco Home Laser Hair Removal System version!! :D

Love Karren

Melissa A.
09-21-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm happy for you, Teresa. I'm just waiting until such time that it is affordable for me. Shouldn't be too much longer. I really can't wait. Don't mind removing body hair, but the beard's gotta go.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Teresa Amina
09-21-2006, 07:59 PM
the Ronco Home Laser Hair Removal System version!!

Gotta be on eBay!!:D Maybe in that "Seen on TV" store at the mall....

Kaitlyn Michele
09-21-2006, 08:09 PM
teresa!!

i did it..unfortunatley i'm over 40 and have a bunch of grays :(

it stings quite a bit but nothing horrible...it really works..

i will say all the lazers are different and the one i did the doctor said dont let the beard grow, it works better when the hair is not grown..

he explained how it works and it really is sci fi...apparently we typically have 3 hairs in each follicle and only one grows at a time..the lazer uses the wavelength of your dark hairs and zaps it dead...the hair still has to come out!!!! so it took 2 weeks but now my stubble is 95% grays with some "strays.." i go back in a month as i will start the 2nd set of hairs growing in....then zap...then the 3rd..

very cool...doesnt work at all on blond or grey hair and can really irritate darker skin colors

have fun..

Nigella
09-22-2006, 11:36 AM
I have had 4 or 5 sessions, *set reminder to remember these things :heehee: * and the laser used was a light sheer, apparently there are a few different ones, will need to "top up" sometime, but still need to shave cos of those little ones that pop up at a certain age in life.

There was a rumour that light hairs have had their day as well, but no-one knows anything about that yet. As for the pain, just think of being "twagged" by an elastic band repeatedly.

Teresa Amina
09-22-2006, 12:25 PM
There was a rumour that light hairs have had their day as well, but no-one knows anything about that yet

The unit used by American Laser has a secondary radio-wave pulse which is supposed to deal more effectively with the light hairs (of which I have quite a few) so we'll see about those pesky lighter hairs. I go next Thursday at 9:00 am so after I get back I'll post an update.