PDA

View Full Version : Big Question!!!

spandexgirl188
09-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Hey All,

In a couple of months from now, exactly!, hehehe, My wife and I will be having our first son. He sort of just happened out of the blue as most babies do i expect... LOL, I've been dressing since i was 9, i am going to be 29 soon and twenty years later, i've never expected to deal with the issue of being a cd'er and having a baby boy. Its fine for now while he's a baby but when he gets older i expect he will ask questions if i dont hide it. My wife know's about my dressing. As a matter of fact, she's totally ok with it. We even wear the same underwear too, even workout clothes as well and so forth. so im real lucky in that regard, But the question is? now that im gonna be a parent, when he gets older; Do i hide it from him? Do i tell him? or do i just kill off Jessica? as painful as that sounds.

Any input you have will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jessica.

KarenSusan
09-21-2006, 12:39 AM
Congratulations, Jessica, on becoming a parent. I'm not sure what you will do in the future but I don't think you will be able to kill off Jessica.

swiss_susan
09-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Congratulations on your addition to the family.

As to how to handle the situation that is probably something best discussed with your wife. You'll figure something out I am sure.

Kathleengurl
09-21-2006, 03:25 AM
My son is now 3years old. Long before he could speak, he copied 'mommydaddy'. holding out his hand for polishing. stepping into mommydaddy's shoes. --etc.

My point.... you may have to address the issue even before your son speaks. When my son started to speak.. i was called mommydaddy.

kathy gg
09-21-2006, 09:40 AM
There are lots of threads on thsi subject, do a search for *crossdressing + children* or try the word kids instead.

trannie T
09-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey All,

He sort of just happened out of the blue as most babies do i expect...

You're 29 and you still don't know where babies come from?:heehee:

BethCD
09-23-2006, 06:37 PM
First off, I agree....you'll never kill off Jessica. I went thru a similar experience when daughter was around 2. Came down in wifes' dress and daughter said "mommy's dress!" I knew then it was time to hide Beth from the kids! :D
You'll want to discuss with wife how far "out" you want to be. While your son may be very cool with your dressing, consider that he may accidentally say something to a little friend or someone and out you to the world. If your fine with that then thats fine.
Just a word of warning...best of luck.
Beth :2c:

Phyliss
09-24-2006, 04:03 AM
Unless you want a note from the local PTA about his comment at school, "You should see the new dress that my Father has" I would suggest being much more circumspect.

Ellaine
09-24-2006, 04:31 AM
I'm of the publish and be damned school. First, honesty is the strongest position with family. Your children are smarter and more able to discern what is good to chat about with peers at school or even nursery, than we give credit for. That is a fact.

We perpetuate the problem in society by allowing ourselves to be guilt ridden. You just cannot predict whether they will grow up to hate it or be firecely protective and understanding. But they will learn how hypocritical society is in reality anyway.
And this part has been my experience, they will also grow up to be able to tell you anything, if they know you are honest with them and not like society at large.
Yes there are risks, and who knows how the future will pan out? But secrecy is a hard taskmaster, and outing yourself or being outed later is likely to be more traumatic all round.:2c:

Whatever you do, I wish you luck, parenting is no joke lol

Sheila
09-24-2006, 04:46 AM
As your wife and you appear to have quite a good handle on the cding in your relationship I am sure that you will be able to come to an arrangment about the little one -------- or maybe that should be little ones seeing as you haven't figured out yet how they get here :heehee: and unless you do there might be more to follow :heehee: -----.

I have only known about my partners cding for 2 months (our 2 month anniversery today) ----- and one of the things I have quickly learnt is not to anticipate to many problems to far down the road, not that you should just think of today but problems will find you soon enough and if you are already carring several case loads of them the little carrier bag one might just be the one that breaks the camells back.

:cheer: :balloons: congrats on the forthcoming little one.:balloons: :cheer:

Jess(so)

BABYGIRL CD
09-24-2006, 05:38 AM
Certinally honesty is the best policy but in this matter from my expierience of being a father while cding talk it over with your wife come up with a plan on when to do it and when to bring it up to your kid/s. I have 6 kids of my own so yes it is very hard to find time to crossdress but my wife and I came up with a plan in order for me to have time for me/Jazmine. For your kids sake you would be better off not telling him now or while he is young so the whole idea of this situation doesn't tramatize him at a young age or even his schooling/education. try to wait until he's older and first talk it over with your s.o. about talking to him when he is a litter older and more understanding about your cding. Just remember our kids are our future we don't want to screw up there future while they are young and just learning things now do we? well congrats on your new addition to your family, you now have a new world to live in and help raise to your best ability. Have lots of fun, kids are!:love: Jazmine

Raychel
09-24-2006, 05:42 AM
This is a discussion that you should sit down and have with your wife. Just how far out are you planning on getting. If you both don't really care if the whole world knows then by all means don't change a thing. Let your son know about both side of you right from the start. He will just think that is what everyone does. He will grow to be a very open minded person and all will be fine. But when he starts talking to his friends then you could end up further out than you had planned.

If you don't want to be all that far out. Then I would keep the dressing to when he is sleeping or not at home. Another point that would need to be discussed with your wife.

Good Luck and Congratulations. :love:

LeahCD2002
09-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Jessica,

We are nearly the same age and I can feel your concern. I do not feel that it would be fair for you to suppress Jessica, as your "hobby" does not hurt anyone. As far as I am concerned, as long as your kids do not find out, it is fine, or until they are old enough for you to share the info with them, keep them ignorant to the situation. Adults often have secrets that there is no need to share with their offspring. It will in no way show that you care any less for them.

Let Jessica be herself, but privately!

Leah

susiej
09-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Jessica,

Whatever you decide to do, you should consider the new baby like a cute little pink video recorder. She's learning everything about the world from what she sees and hears, starting the day she's born. A lot of the stuff she sees, she doesn't have any context to understand, but it's in there, and it's having an effect on her personality.

So, if you decide that your child should not experience Jessica until she's got the context to deal with it (which, BTW, would be my choice), then you should do that the day she comes home from the hospital.

Congratulations! Parenthood is such a grand adventure. I promise you'll love every minute of it, even the parts you don't particularly enjoy :) .

Hugs,
Susie