PDA

View Full Version : This may be a silly question but .....

Deborah_UK
09-21-2006, 02:21 AM
I would love to get my facial hair lasered (and if I had the money - other areas too), it is said to be permanent removal - but if your body is still producing testosterone would that not re-invigorate hair growth?

I would love to get onto t-blockers to restrict body hair growth but am worried about all the side effects.

Thanks

Teresa Amina
09-21-2006, 07:03 AM
The laser kills the follicle itself- no root, no hair. Just like killing weeds in the garden.

Stephenie S
09-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Dear Deborah,

The most common T blocker used in the US is Spironolactone. This is a potent diuretic that is used most often to lower blood pressure. It has been used for years and with thousands of patients. The side effects are known and minimal when used under the guidance of a physician. There are dangers to almost any medication when used irresponsibly but Spiro can be used safely by most healthy people.

In the UK, I understand that the drug Androcur is used more commonly as a T blocker. I know nothing about this drug as it is not listed in any of my US medical texts.

There are questions about the efficacy of Laser treatments for hair removal. Some people have had good results and some have not. It seems to work best on light skinned people with dark hair. Some sucessful transwomen have used a combination of laser and electrolysis to remove beards completely.

Teresa, see post above, is starting a course of laser treatments and she will keep us posted on the results I'm sure.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Deborah_UK
09-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Thank you Stephanie and Teresa, it may be a bit late for laser in my case then - I've started to go grey!