PDA

View Full Version : Possible reason?

Marla
09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
I read on this forum a lot of girls wondering why they enjoy dressing. I certainly do and can spend hours doing it. It seems to me from my years of experience, that if we hadn't been told not to as children, it might be different. If my own sons had wanted to dress as girls I, because of my upbringing, would have probably stopped them, strange as that my seem.
Acceptance is a strong value in our our society, but if we had been accepted as kids, maybe this forum wouldn't exist. Nonetheless we are where we are and thank God for all of you!

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I don't think any of us knows for sure why we have the need to do this. It just feels right for me and I enjoy it very much. I suspect for most of it has some genetic origin that has not been conclusively proven by science. Otherwise CDing would not be so wide-spread to every part of the world, every race, and every every station of life. I am just grateful for this blessing.

Sasha Anne

Sophia Rearen
09-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Maybe I'm having a brunette moment. But, I'm confused. What is the possible reason? I read it as we enjoy dressing because we were told not to as children. If, it had been a norm than we would not enjoy it, because it wasn't taboo?

Lisa Golightly
09-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Do I enjoy dressing? Hmmmmm... Not as much as I enjoy undressing with the right person... oh, yeah baby! :)

Marla S
09-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Acceptance is a strong value in our our society, but if we had been accepted as kids, maybe this forum wouldn't exist.
At least there would be far less members. It is the taboo that builds the closet.

Marla
09-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Would that right person be male or female? My fantasy is with a hot sexy man!

vbcdgrl
09-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Frankly, I don't think there is a "cure" for CDing. It's in you, nothing you can do about it. You'll always have the desire deep down inside, whether you repress it all your life is another question. So, whether a person was persecuted or accepted when he was young won't make any difference whether the desire returns later. But, I'm sure a lot of us who have this burning desire never let it "come out" due to social, religious, moral factors.
Just my observation, I'm not a psych... ist

Vikki

Tessa Wire
09-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I really am not sure of the reason, however I do know that it is what I enjoy doing, and I don't ever want to stop. If other people have a problem with that, then they have that right. Mostly because of other people like me that have fought for our freedom, and their right to think the way thay want, however, that does not mean that they have the right to judge, or riducle us for what we feel.

As always Loves :hugs:

Kristen Kelly
09-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Think about it, did you wake up one morning and say, "I want to be a crossdresser". Open your self to being an "outcast", a "freak", confused, etc. (excuse the words were not meant to offend), most are born to this, it was not a choice for me. I think I wouldn't have turned out any different no matter what. I just wish I was able to accept myself at a younger age, maybe my life would have been less confusing, I know it would have been much happier.

SherriePall
09-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Our lives would be a lot easier if we did wake up one morning, Kristen, and said I want to be. Then we would have said, I don't anymore.
With all the problems and such that CDing presents us, one good thing about it is that we wouldn't have met some of the nice people on this forum.

Shiny
09-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Why do we do it? We're all sick and twisted that's why! Trying to be funny. Well, nobody knows actually! I believe it starts in the womb. Maybe mom got scared in the second trimester or had something happen that made her produce too much estrogen or something for a formative moment (one reason), but no one knows for sure and I doubt they ever will. I did some grad work on the subject while at college (independently) and never found a concrete answer. Have to ask the big man upstairs when I get there. But to an extent it is true, we don't fit the standard that's for sure (read my rants!!) and we are 10 to 15% of the community at large, some say more.

Are we a fringe element? Yes. Are our IQ's higher than average? Yes! Are more of us left handed than in the regular adult population at large? Yes. Are we better educated, more artistic? Yes. Do we have a higher gross annual incomes than average? Yes.

Screw everyone else I say! We may have this one little fault but point for point we're better than everyone else!

Since I have long since grown up I deal with this "problem" by telling no one and by making sure I never run out of RHT nylons! Problem solved. Unless someone is having a sale, but that's another story!

EricaCD
09-21-2006, 11:06 PM
The best thing that happened in terms of my self-acceptance was when I finally stopped asking why I did it. Even though it seems to be a "neutral" question, all too often it takes on overtones of "what's wrong with me" or "if I knew why, maybe I could fix it". Neither of which was a healthy direction for emotional inquiries - in my case at least.

Erica

angelfire
09-21-2006, 11:15 PM
I have accepted it to be part of myself, and am overall happier for it. I have generally adopted the attitude that "I don't care what other people think of me". I am still not out because I do have my friends and value them as friends, but when the right time comes and I feel confident enough, or have a real reason to tell them, then I will. Until then, I'll enjoy being myself.

AmberTG
09-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Personally, I think it's caused by something that happens in the hormone soup that we float in while in the womb, the tiniest changes can have an effect on the developing fetus. I think that the more pronounced those tiny changes in hormone balance are, the more feminized we become. A tiny bit, we're born a cross-dresser, a bit more, we're born a transgender, a bit more than that, we're born with intersex birth defects, anything from incomplete genitals to parts of both but not enough of either, to obvious parts of both requiring surgery to correct a major problem. It could be said to be a birth defect, in a way. I think it works that way for both sets of chromosomes, XX and XY
We are what we are from birth.
Amber

stefie22
09-21-2006, 11:44 PM
i dodn't know about everyone else but as for me i think it is that the clothes look nicer. i feel more comfortable in a short skirt than jeans. they are looser
(usualy) and freer. my longer dresses have slits in them so my legs can move.
i also feel a lot sexier in stockings cami and short skirt. that is just my opinion.

Satrana
09-22-2006, 01:04 AM
I read on this forum a lot of girls wondering why they enjoy dressing. I certainly do and can spend hours doing it. It seems to me from my years of experience, that if we hadn't been told not to as children, it might be different. If my own sons had wanted to dress as girls I, because of my upbringing, would have probably stopped them, strange as that my seem.
Acceptance is a strong value in our our society, but if we had been accepted as kids, maybe this forum wouldn't exist. Nonetheless we are where we are and thank God for all of you!

Marla, I completely agree. If boys had the same level of acceptance then we would have been dressing in whatever we pleased from our earlist childhood. We would never consider wearing a skirt as "crossdressing" as these are just the clothes we like to wear. In other words we would view our wardrobe in exactly the same way women think of theirs today. There would not be a crossdressing forum, rather a transgender/transsexual forum with a fraction of the members.

I am torn about how to raise children. On one hand I want to protect them from being picked on by insisting they follow gender stereotypes. But I know that by promoting gender intolerance, I am not allowing them to be who they really are and they will end up less happy and content.

I think now that the CD community has found itself and is banding together through the internet, it is about time we consider, once and for all, fighting against gender intolerance by not insisting our own children follow stereotypical gender roles. We have to break the cycle starting in our own homes.

My wife and I are liberally minded and we have allowed our kids to freely experiment in how they want to look. Our daughter went through a tomboy stage and our son messes around with his sister's clothes and makeup all the time. We have decided to stay silent on these matters so that they know there is nothing wrong with their gender exploration.

Kate Simmons
09-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Do I enjoy dressing? Hmmmmm... Not as much as I enjoy undressing with the right person... oh, yeah baby! :)I'm with you on that one, Lisa.:happy: Ericka Kay

Karren H
09-22-2006, 10:12 AM
I'd say that this forum would still be here.....but the subject matter would be different!! And there would be a lot more happy girls out there!! :). And a lot less doom and gloom!!

Instead of talkiing about how do I hide my clothes from my so....we'd be talking about how do I hide those extra pounds I put on over vacation or how do I hide my wrinkles!! Hehehe.

Ohhhh. And if anyone has a good answer to either of the above two questions....please PM me....NOW!!!

I'm not getting any younger you know!! :D

Love Karren

kateyliz
09-22-2006, 03:39 PM
I haven't the slightest idea why. It has always seemed to be a good thing to do as long as I can remember. I do know of a few reasons not to CD because there have been a few periods in my life when being outed would have raised hell and put a prop under it. Hugs, Kathy