PDA

View Full Version : want to be Vanna White

SherriePall
09-21-2006, 06:12 PM
I was just watching Wheel of Fortune and Vanna White had on the nicest blue sparkly dress. Every night I watch the show to see what she is wearing and to watch her walk in those heels. How many of us have wished we could be her so that we could wear a different wonderful outfit every day?

sara_also
09-21-2006, 06:21 PM
That would be a great job if I were only 30 years younger....LOL

KarenSusan
09-21-2006, 06:27 PM
I was just watching Wheel of Fortune and Vanna White had on the nicest blue sparkly dress. Every night I watch the show to see what she is wearing and to watch her walk in those heels. How many of us have wished we could be her so that we could wear a different wonderful outfit every day?

LOL I thought I was the only one that wished I could be Vanna.

SherriePall
09-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Sara -- Don't sell yourself short. I think you would fill in well for Vanna.
Karen -- I thought I was. I'm just surprised my wife hasn't figured out why I like to watch that show.

Phyliss
09-21-2006, 06:37 PM
I'd like to be her, not so much for being able to wear all those wonderful dresses, but for her money. read her biography, she's invested her "letter turning bucks" into a nice amount. The gal has bucks.

SiSi
09-22-2006, 02:17 AM
always my fantasy as a teenie

:yrtw: :doll:

Miss Petra
09-22-2006, 03:04 AM
Remember girls they shoot the entire week of shows in one day. Usually it is on a Saturday.

3 episodes then a two hour lunch break then the last two episodes.

2 makeup sessions sometimes more.
5 wardrobe changes
and a lot of standing actually she has the ability to sit down during commercials and technical difficulties.

I used to work on game shows many years ago and dont miss the 60 hour plus work weeks.

One final note you would not believe how small these sets and how small the sound stages are. Very different looking on camera.

If you are outgoing, funny & full of energy you should apply to be a
contestant they are always looking and it is easy to get on if you have the right stuff. Send in those tapes girls Attn: Contestant coordinator of your favorite game show. If you want to be on jeopardy the entry test is brutal
questions are much harder :eek: then what is one the show if you can believe that.

Hugz,

Miss Petra

SherriePall
09-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Phyliss -- I read somewhere, too, that Pat Sajak makes a really good buck.
Sisi -- Nice fantasy, but I don't think it was on the air when I was a teenie.
Miss Petra -- I've heard that's how they shoot those programs. Gruelling schedule, but they have a long hiatus, don't they?

sue ellan
09-22-2006, 07:17 AM
me too
sue ellan

JoAnnDallas
09-22-2006, 08:16 AM
If you watch the show a lot, you will see that she and Pat does other things than just the show. I have seen clips where she is out around town with the film crew filming here with one of the prizes (car) or showing off a landmak in the town that their in.

If you want to get a first hand experience of a game show. Price is Right is filmed in Orlando at one of the parks. I don't remember if it was Universal Studio's or MGM Studio. You can get in free as part of the audience. You may have to wait as much as two hours in line. As been said, the sound stage and such are small.

MsEva
09-22-2006, 08:23 AM
I would like to meet Pat Sajak I must say...I am going totally mental.

SherriePall
09-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Sue Ellen -- Aren't the clothes she wears yummy? Even the pants outfits.
JoAnn -- Vanna and Pat are something like radio disc jockeys who do other things besides their four hours or so on air. They make promos, commercials, public appearances, etc.
MsEva -- What can I say to you, my Sister? Now, tell us why you would like to meet him?

MsEva
09-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Sherrie my sistah....you are! But you must be my much younger sister if you don't remember Ed Grimly (Martin Short) running around lamenting his meeting of one Pat Sajak!

sparks
09-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Sherrie my sistah....you are! But you must be my much younger sister if you don't remember Ed Grimly (Martin Short) running around lamenting his meeting of one Pat Sajak!

God! Ed Grimly sure brings back memories. Those were the best years of SNL! Thanks for the giggle and thoughts.

And Remember YOU WOOK MARVELWOUS!!

Vivian Best
09-22-2006, 03:32 PM
That is one woman that knows how to turn her bodily assets into tangible assets. Have to admit she is a class act of a woman. She can wear about anything and make it look nice. That is something many women can't do.

Karren H
09-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Nahhhh. Never really wanted to be anyone else.....but if they offered me the job I'd really have to consider it. That or the Victoria Secret spokes model job. :D

Love Karren

SherriePall
09-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Eva -- I wish I were younger, but I don't remember because I wasn't allowed to stay up that late at night -- needed my beauty rest, you know.
Sparks -- SNL -- Does that stand for Something New whatever? Just kidding! I remember Billy Crystal telling George Steinbrenner that and I don't think George knew what to make of it.
Vivian -- I agree. And they discovered her on the Price is Right. They had an anniversary show on several years back and they showed a clip where Vanna White was called down. She was wearing jeans that day.
Karren -- I thought you had that VS job sewn up. Well, maybe, if they know you're available, Vanna will have to step aside.

Tessa Wire
09-22-2006, 04:51 PM

I for one would love to be her, and be able to ware all the nice things that she does.

As always Loves :hugs:

Cassy11
09-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Vanna is beautiful and has brains, but what she does is work. I don't want to turn my fun and relaxing time into a job. I wonder what she does for fun?

robyn1114
09-22-2006, 08:49 PM
I too have watched Wheel of Furtune just so I can check out the beautiful dresses Vanna is wearing. Although there are a few times I think they picked her outfits blind folded.

SherriePall
09-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Tessa -- I'm sure that there are many GG's around, too, who would like to be her and wear those clothes.
Cassy -- That's so true. To us it may look like fun and no work. But the reality is different. I used to envy some jobs at the place I worked at, but when I got those jobs, boy (girl)!, it was a different story.
Robyn -- She has had a couple of outfits that you wonder about. I heard on one show where they were visiting a city that some local dress shop provided the outfits. That could be a reason for the "blindfold" selections.

cyndyw
09-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Many of the dresses Vanna wears, I would like to also. How many of them are too long to be practical since they drag on the floor.

I much prefer the shorter ones that show off legs. I especially like the short ones that swish back and forth as she walks, I also like the ones with slits that slide up and show off her legs.

There was a model from QVC in the super market the other day. She had a long skirt that was relatively sheer. It had a lining only about a half way down the upper leg. I so would have have enjoyed be made up as a women and wearing such a sexy skirt.

I hope to go out dressed at Halloween as Vanna White, a senior citizen.
I would be in heels, wearing a sheer blouse showing that I was wearing a sexy black slip and wearing a minskirt showing off my legs. I hope my SO will take me out.

FOCD
11-13-2006, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=Cassy11;572136]Vanna is beautiful and has brains, but what she does is work. I don't want to turn my fun and relaxing time into a job. I wonder what she does for fun

I thinks that perhaps Vanna does whatever she feels like.
Probably adores lounging around in sweats and no make up.
They need a TG version of that show. Call it the the Wheel of clothes. Each letter you get right you get money and add another item of clothing. Think of full wardrobes and vacation spots to wear them,
ie

_ _ _ _ _ _ Little
_ _ _ _ _ Black
_ _ _ _ _ _ Dress

_ _ _- _ _ Thi -Hi
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Stockings

Josie06
11-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Sherrie you are right, I would be divine.

Do you also watch other shows and imagine that you are the female lead or another actress through out the show or movie? It's something I've lived with all my life.

I always see clearly and identify with the feminine character. It is marvelous when the actress get to wear some really fine clothes too.

Sophia Rearen
11-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Nope. Would rather be a Deal or No Deal Girl!

Alaceann
11-22-2006, 04:05 PM
I just love all the outfits she wears and wish I could have some of them.

Sierra Evon
11-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Nope, for me too, I think she's a tottal barbie, plasticy.....

SherriePall
11-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Josie -- I do sometimes wish I could be the actress in a movie, especially some of the older ones with the woman divinely dressed.
Sophia -- Some of those girls are absolutely gorgeous.
Alaceann -- There have been a few outfits I didn't think were so hot, but I would still have to try them on.
Sierra -- She does seem like a Barbie doll sometimes. I think that's why they have her chat with Pat Sajak sometimes to make her more dimensional.
And thanks, Josie, I was shocked to see this thread revived.