PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Ideas

Sue Too
09-21-2006, 06:19 PM
I want to order some items from an mail order house. For obvious reasons I cannot have them shipped to my home or work address. I'm wondering if anyone has found a way around this roadblock? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Susan

janice55
09-21-2006, 06:21 PM
In NY we have UPS stores for 12 dollars amonth you get a post office box

Shiny
09-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Rent a seperate apartment to keep your things in and as an address for delivery.

but being realistic I would get a PO box. But UPS nor FEDEX won't deliver to a PO box.

get a good friend to have the packages shipped to his house.

shipping to work not a good idea.

KarenSusan
09-21-2006, 06:24 PM
A company that I use to work for let employees receive packages through the shipping and receiving dept.
Otherwise, I can only think of a rented mail box.

SherriePall
09-21-2006, 06:35 PM
I worked in a receiving department and we were allowed to open all packages to ascertain where they were going and to check for a packing slip and purchase order number to ensure that the item(s) were properly ordered.
We opened up one girl's meds one time. Don't know what they were if she had them shipped to work. There are a million stories about my receiving days.

Phyliss
09-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Mail Boxes Ets or Postal Center USA wonderful places. You get an actual street address that UPS will deliver to. I've had a private mail box fro about two years now and have never had a question about what I get or why. The manager knows I have a house address but doesn't ask any questions.

Vannacd
09-21-2006, 06:53 PM
My home is in a relatively rural area. I was going to be away for a while and the shipper would not leave the package at my house unless there was someone to sign for it. Check with you local UPS, but I think that you can have your package addressed to the UPS facility and they will hold it there for pick up. They did this for me.

Vanna

brittanny
09-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Mail boxes ect or the ups store can recive ups fed ex and postal packages and no one there will worry about what your recieving or why depending on where you work work is also an option several people in my office have things shipped there and no one pays attention to what they are getting

EricaCD
09-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Yep. Get a PO Box. The overwhelming majority of mail order and online merchants will ship USPS, even if it's not their default choice. Even though my wife knows about my crossdressing, I still use one to avoid needlessly subjecting her to any pink fog....

michellecd9999
09-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Yep, get a PO Box or a box at a UPS Store.
Michelle

sandra-leigh
09-21-2006, 11:16 PM
I want to order some items from an mail order house. For obvious reasons I cannot have them shipped to my home or work address.

The "den mother" of our local club is the owner of a lingerie boutique, and she graciously accepts shipments on our behalf. I'm careful not to abuse her good will, though.

(BTW, as owner of a lingerie boutique, she gets in quite a number of very nervous and frightened cross-dressers. She and the store manager really put in a lot of effort into helping cross-dressers. And somehow they just seem to find the store: a lot walk in to the store not having any idea that it is associated with the cross-dressing community.)

sandra-leigh
09-21-2006, 11:19 PM
I want to order some items from an mail order house. For obvious reasons I cannot have them shipped to my home or work address.

The "den mother" of our local club is the owner of a lingerie boutique, and she graciously accepts shipments on our behalf. I'm careful not to abuse her good will, though.

(BTW, as owner of a lingerie boutique, she sees quite a number of very nervous and frightened cross-dressers. She and the store manager really put in a lot of effort into helping cross-dressers. And somehow they just seem to find the store: a lot walk in to the store not having any idea that it is associated with the cross-dressing community.)

angelfire
09-22-2006, 06:21 AM
I'd also say get a PO box, or get a friend you can trust to get them, then go pick them up.

Wenda
09-22-2006, 07:19 AM
The "den mother" of our local club is the owner of a lingerie boutique, and she graciously accepts shipments on our behalf. I'm careful not to abuse her good will, though. )
Sounds like Lady Godiva Boutique?

Larissa
09-22-2006, 07:25 AM
I use a POBox.

Karren H
09-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Couple things I looked into....get a box at Mailboxes Etc aka The UPS store or the post office... You can also have you mail held at the PO for pickup and the same at UPS... When we go on vacation we have our mail stopped for a week... So when its shipped usps, just stop the mail for a few days and go in to the PO and pick it up and restart deliveries...

I had all my things delivered to work....no one ever opend them and they even run them through an xray machine... Breast forms, wigs, padded panties....

The security guards must have wondered....."Hey Jim....that engineer on the third floor is buying boobs again". Hehehe

Love Karren

Tina T
09-22-2006, 08:01 AM
I don’t know if it’s the same in the US..... but over here in the UK more and more companies will only post to the registered address of the card holder if you use a debit or credit card to pay for anything over the net or by telephone.