PDA

View Full Version : Fun evening out!

EricaCD
09-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi all! Greetings from the Left Coast. The weather is great, wish you were here and all that...

OK, I promised myself that I am not going to duplicate my blog entries here and vice versa. Short version: went out to dinner with Marlena last night in San Fran. Marlena was an absolute darling and I had a really terrific time. Also, spent three hours en femme in a restaurant and, as you may have noticed, the world somehow managed not to explode.

If you are morbidly curious, the detailed version is in my blog (link is below). Still, as this forum has been a very big factor in my decision to start venturing out, I thought I'd at least share the good news here!

Best,
Erica

Adrienne Heels
09-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Erica, that is wonderful!! I am so happy to hear you had a nice time out enfemme. I read your blog entry. Enjoying being a woman is truly what this is all about.

angelfire
09-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Congrats! Glad you could have a great evening, and not have the world explode.

Jenna1561
09-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Erica,

I have been waiting impatiently for your post on going out to dinner. Here I sit in my bomb shelter awaiting the end of the world, which you were sure to initiate.

I knew for certain that the moment I lost my internet connection would signal the end of the world. BUT it didn't happen. I happily read your post and know the world is once again safe.

Seriously, I am very happy to hear you not only survived, but relaxed and enjoyed your dinner. Read your blogs - so - only 1 bag for both or did Erica get a second bag all to herself? I know you said you were trying to travel light; did you succeed?

I'm planning for a 2 week business trip to D.C. in mid-October and am really having problems paring down my fem wardrobe for the trip. Any suggestions?

Jenna

EricaCD
09-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Jenna - Erica got 1-1/2 bags and the drab guy accompanying her got the other 1/2 bag. Pretty much the same as when the missus and I travel - though she makes much more attractive use of all the stuff she brings.

And yes, it turns out that my anxieties do not control the entire world. Bit of a letdown, that. But I will hold my head high and soldier on.

No help for your trip to DC, except: (1) really think about what outfits you are likely to wear and try to pack tops and bottoms that mix and match well, and (2) if you get a side trip to NYC, give me a ring!

Best,
Erica

windycissy
09-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Good for you! Marlena is a treasure, so natural and lovely....the girl talk is special, huh? Keep up that blog, it is really cool.

MarieTS
09-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Erica,

I have been waiting impatiently for your post on going out to dinner. Here I sit in my bomb shelter awaiting the end of the world, which you were sure to initiate.

I knew for certain that the moment I lost my internet connection would signal the end of the world. BUT it didn't happen. I happily read your post and know the world is once again safe.

Seriously, I am very happy to hear you not only survived, but relaxed and enjoyed your dinner. Read your blogs - so - only 1 bag for both or did Erica get a second bag all to herself? I know you said you were trying to travel light; did you succeed?

I'm planning for a 2 week business trip to D.C. in mid-October and am really having problems paring down my fem wardrobe for the trip. Any suggestions?

Jenna

Jenna: The weather sould cool down by mid-oct in DC, very nice for Fall fashions. :happy: But you can never be too sure-- so be certain to bring some items that will work in warm weather as well; be sure to have a sweater or windbreaker for a cooler night, or a rain shower.
Enjoy your trip and after you return be sure to let us know how it went!

Billijo49504
09-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Erica, I'm glad the world didn't come to an end, GMAC still owes me money.<LOL> Actually I'm very glad things went well at dinner. And I'm happy you had a great time. Keep it up gurl!!!BJ

Angie G
09-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Erica yuo go girl glad you had a good time out :hugs:
Angie

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-22-2006, 12:16 AM
:blushing: Flattery will get you everywhere...

Actually Erica is selling herself far short. I'm sure the only reason the hostess did a mild double-take is she wondered who the glamous WNBA star was. Seriously, for all her fretting about her appearance, Erica was in no need of dimly-light places. And quite the conversationalist too.

It was a lovely evening.

Joy Carter
09-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Aw gal pals :hugs:

Sophia Rearen
09-22-2006, 08:24 AM
That is awesome, Erica and Marlena. Way to follow through on your commitment, even with the ensuing cold. Yes, I believe alcohol may have enabled you to loosen up and become more comfortable in being a woman out for the evening.

Jenna, you're a lucky girl. DC has a huge turnout for their annual high heel race. It's held the tuesday before Halloween every year. Google it and have fun.

DanaJ
09-22-2006, 12:31 PM
This is great you too, it really sounds like a fun time! I have spoken to both these girls, and two better representatives for the CD community you would be hard-pressed to find :)

uknowhoo
09-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Oh, I'm so happy for you two, getting out and enjoying yourselves together like that. Too cool! I look forward to reading the long version a lil later. Later. xoxo T

Jasmine Ellis
09-22-2006, 07:24 PM
congratuletions on your night out