PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on subtle public wear

JennyCA
12-26-2004, 07:44 PM
I read a story about a woman training a man to be feminine and press the envelope in public by wearing certain subtle feminine items. I can no longer find the story, but it had her tell the person to wear such things are femine pants, or a piece of feminine jewelry. Three questions:

1. Do you have any suggestions (be specific)? (Considering pants, nails, jewelry, light make-up, jewelry, shirts, and hairstyle)

2. Are there any like-minded friends out there that are willing subtly be more feminine outside the confines of their homes without stopping traffic?

3. For those of us who have accepted that this is who we are, it will not go away, and our choices are: a hidden, closet expression wherein we live two lives, or? Is there not a chance to close that gap without wearing fishnet stockings, 6" heels, and a mini in public. Or even going out dressed fully as a woman?

I have been in a serious relationship, live in relationship with a woman for most of the past 20 years, and am now living alone. I am trying to take advantage of this time with many things not able to do in the past. A live in would surely notice me leaving wearing feminine pants, or shaving my entire body of hair (which I did yesterday). I can also keep my toenails painted.

Someone I know, and see in public places, wears his fingernails long and with a french manicure. He also has his long hair dyed purple and is simply seen for being his own person. People seeing him from this perspective, hardly give the nails a second thought. To me it is an area I am willing to move into, and a no longer hidden expression of my true self with willingness that what people see, and how they react, will not always be possitive, but closer to who I really am.

Thanks all,

Jenny

JenniferPaul
12-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Obviously, panties, pantihose, and foundation Garments can be worn. One can wear breast forms at times under a coat with out it not appearing to obvious. A lot of women pants are like male pants except being wider in the hips. I think one should wear pants that zip at the back or the side and do not have pockets. This will also encourage one to carry a purse. There are a lot of tops to choose. If one is going to wear a coat then any style will do. I would got for a back button blouse. Clear nail polish can be on the finger nails, or even a neutral or natural color. The nails should be long, filed and shaped. A lot of makeup can be used as long as the colors are natural and subtle, this includes lipstick and eye makeup. Perfume and some style of female shoes can be part of the outfit. These items should be introduced gradually, say one item a week. At a certain point the femininity will not be anymore subtle

Jennifer

christine55
12-27-2004, 12:22 AM
One person I read of while having srs transitioned gradually at work. At first wearing an unnoticeable amount of powder and lipstick, grew her hair out gradually and gradually wore it in a more and more feminine style. Wore more feminine tops. Without having to go through the trauma of a sudden revealing to everyone that she was ts everyone in her office gradually got the idea of what was happening, that she was the same person she always was. She let everyone know subtly without hitting everyone over the head. Joe one day, Mary the next is too much for most people to handle.
Hugs, Christine

Sweet Susan
12-27-2004, 01:12 AM
I once tried this in an innocouous setting. I was attending a workshop in another state for one week with people that didn't know me. I first put a small bit of mascara on the first day. Nobody said a word. The next day I wore the mascara and wore men's highcut tennis shorts with my legs shaved. Nobody said a word, though one guy kept looking at my legs. The third day I wore mascara, women's shorts with women's tennies and low cut socks. The fourth day I wore mascara, eye liner, women's shorts, tennies, low cut socks with little balls on the ends. The last day I wore light make-up, light lipstick, mascara, eye liner, women's shorts, women's shoes, no sox, and I painted my toenails, but nobody could see them. After about 90 minutes on the last day, a woman sitting at my table noticed the lipstick on my coffee cup. She snickered, like women do (girls--you gotta learn to snicker if you want to be taken seriously), pointed at my cup to her friend and then my lips, they both giggled, but that was it. It was fun and safe. Out of the 30 people attending the workshop, only three of us were men. That was in the early 80s.

pattysue
12-27-2004, 10:19 AM
When we go out I usally am wearing womens jeans, not real tight but they are stretch jeans that are snug. Always a thong any more. Most of my necklace's and bracelet's can go either way. But, I don't go much farther than that.