PDA

View Full Version : i need help with my show?

sophieuk
09-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Hi, i have posted a message about my show i am putting on next year but really need good adivce on things like wig etc. I have the dress, see photo, sorry, this is not me in it ( i wish) mine is a bigger size. Im not sure if i should have a long wig/ short, blonde or brown, straight / curley. Any info would be great. Also, what is the best make up to wear?.
l;ove sophieuk

Julie York
09-22-2006, 04:37 PM
You're being a bit vague for the newcomers because they don't know what you are referring to. ( I know you are doing a magic show.)

What will you need to perform? How quick will you need to create this look?

Is this a quick change thing?

Stage makeup is a whole different thing to a normal look.

sparks
09-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry if not for Julie I wouldn't know about the magic in the show. I would help if I had more details.

Annaliese
09-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Would long hair get in the way.

Kate Simmons
09-22-2006, 06:11 PM
I was wondering if one of the tricks in your magic show was to make "something" disappear? I was also thinking that if you have an assistant, you could do the "trunk" trick and not only change places with them but clothes as well. Might be interesting. Ericka Kay

Jasmine Ellis
09-22-2006, 07:29 PM
yes I can see you now coming on as a man only to finish as a woman

sophieuk
09-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Sorry to all, it was late when i posted message.
ok, what i will do in show. During the show, it will look like there are ten different acts. I will play the part of every one, apart from the warm up guy, kevin Mcmarne who was in channel fours " faking it show". As soon as i have done one act, say as one person, i will exit stage, quick change and then come on as next. As for the female act, i will have some time. She will be in second half, second act. Opening second half, it will look like i am on stage with a bag on my head. Really, it will be a body double with my suit on and while i am getting ready for female act, i will talk through a mike, making it look like i am on stage, so, i have really about 20 minutes. Also, forgot, starting second half i am doing a phil collins bit where i sing in the air tonight and really play the drums.
For the female act, i will be performing a effect of ribbins to unberela and some other small bits. I will be moving around slowly. So, long hair won't be a problem.
There will be no hard effects like " subtrunk". Im doing some thing like this, but in male role.
After this show, i am hoping that i can pull off the girl act as i want to enter a big compitition soone with her. It will be longer and better than this show as it will just be the girl act, so i have loads of time to get ready.
love sophieuk

Wenda
09-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Sounds cool! Generally, longer hair helps sell the femme image.

Angie G
09-23-2006, 08:54 AM
I have always liked long hair :hugs:
Angie

celeste26
09-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Please keep us informed of where we can get the video

Good luck and break a leg.

sophieuk
09-23-2006, 05:59 PM
well, it won't be turned into a video, but i will be getting it recorded and will turn to DVD just for friends. I will be getting loads of photos, some i will post here and on my web site.
love sophieuk X