PDA

View Full Version : Cut And Style " What Ever "

Joy Carter
09-22-2006, 06:17 PM
So like I got this new wig (cynthetic of and unknown fiber) , it cost like $---.00 :eek: and I like it a lot. So like one gurl here say's like to have it cut and styled to like compliment my face shape. And to use like a conditioner or hair spray or something like on my new wig. But like my wig sales lady say's like use nothing on but the like shampoo she recomended. Anyone like hear of doing this +? Any like sugestions +? Like answer my thread already.:p

renee k
09-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi Joy,

I say have it cut and styled to suit your face, so it doesn't look wiggy!
Also there are mousses, and styling gels out there that will work great.
Giv'em a try. You can always shampoo them out. If you don't like the effect.
GO AHEAD AND WIG OUT!

Huggs, Renee

sparks
09-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Like I don't know! Valley Girl! But I tell ya this. Buy a cheap Halloween first to try the cut and style on. 10.00 VS ???.00 is a big difference.
No sense in ruining the expensive right off the go.

Jasmine Ellis
09-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi Joy,

I say have it cut and styled to suit your face, so it doesn't look wiggy!
Also there are mousses, and styling gels out there that will work great.
Giv'em a try. You can always shampoo them out. If you don't like the effect.
GO AHEAD AND WIG OUT!

Huggs, Renee

Yes I would go along with Renee

Teresa Amina
09-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Like, Omigawd! Joy's a valley gurl! For sure! Like. you know, that's the Maumee valley, but, for sure.....
Do you like the wig as is? Should hold up fine for several outings- unless you're going to get real crazy out there:D

DanaJ
09-23-2006, 06:59 AM
In my opinion, if it is a synthetic wig, it can be very slightly cut, but you should not try to style it. Heat will destroy it, and synthetic wigs are actually created in that style, I am pretty sure you cannot change the style very much.

If you know it is synthetic, then I would suggest you do not do this. If you do not know, cut off a few strands and put them near heat - if it is synthetic, they will curl and kink very badly. Is theree no tag saying exacrly what it is made of?

Nigella
09-23-2006, 10:17 AM
I believe that any wig made of anything other than real hair cannot be altered, but then again I may be wrong, (no comment from you Sandra).

Be wary of trying to alter the cut, style and colour of any wig, you can only do so much before there is nothing left to work with.

The best solution, to those who can, grow your own hair to a decent length and have it styled to suit your mood.

renee k
09-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi All,

Just a clarification on my post on this thread. One, yes you can have a fiber wig cut and thinned out. It does dull my stylists razors quite rapidly. I've had every one I purchased, cut and thinned out. Yes, you do want to be careful and not have too much cut, it will never grow back. My stylist also has done dry sets. Using rollers right after the wig has been shampooed and conditioned, spraying the wig with a setting solution then putting in rollers and letting it air dry. The results are great! And of course you never want to use a curling iron on fiber wigs. However, now there are some brands out there that you can use a curling iron on. Will wonders every cease!
Anyway, I guess I go to great lengths get a wig to look good but I feel it's worth the effort.

Huggs, Renee

Nigella
09-23-2006, 05:15 PM
You learn everyday, but then again I only ever owned one wig, then when I went 24/7 I just grew out my own.

Thank you Renee :hugs:

renee k
09-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi Nigella,

I just wish I could be in your position and let my hair grow out! However between my genes and my career. That's not viable for me! So, one has to make do with ones resources.

Renee