PDA

View Full Version : Femme eyeglasses

Karen Donna
09-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Do need a pair of female eyewear. What do I do ? I am embarrased to buy a pair in male clothes. Any suggestions girls ?

Sedona
09-22-2006, 08:02 PM
A couple of options:

There are various vendors online. If you need prescription wear, you can pick your frames and do it all over the internet, giving them your prescription (will need to provide optometrist's info for verification)

Or,
Go to an antique store. Provided you don't need prescription lenses, they should have lots of styles in the cases (and you may get lucky and find your Rx). Nobody will ask you about it, and if they do (if you are timid about it), just say that your daughter/wife/sister would love them.

Or, if neither of these is an option, just head for the nearest large city and do it in person. Optometrists in New York, LA, Miami have seen everything, so should be totally unfazed.

Best!

Karen Donna
09-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Thank you Sedona.

Adrienne Heels
09-22-2006, 09:57 PM
I wear unisex frames....and they look very femme

Scotty
09-22-2006, 10:00 PM
I just bought a unisex pair of prescription glasses from 39dollarglasses.com as someone else suggested - $39 is it, plus shipping...

With m y hair growing, parted the right way I'm getting a TAD more femine back into my face now......

You can buy femme glasses there too of course, either or!!

Calliope
09-22-2006, 11:00 PM
It ain't like fem glasses are push-up rocket-nose brassieres. No one in the service industry expecting to get paid plans to ask probing, weirdo personal questions. Or, if they do, just up and leave which will give 'em a real learning curve. This is a free-market country, you are the gal with the green, they are the supplicants trying to earn it. Act like the ruler of the land that you are.

Take no crap!

And get somethin' fetchin'!

JeanneF
09-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Don't stress it. I wear a unisex frame (that are definitely on the girly side of unisex), but I was joking with my optomotrist while selecting the frames about how you can't really tell the difference between guys and girls frames anymore, and he said that he's sold more than one pair of Nine West or Covergirl frames to guys, and he's even had a guy buy a pair of peach Diane von Furstenberg frames.

My bit of advice...go to a small, family owned store. When you're buying from the owner, he'll be most likely more than willing to help you with whatever you like, without making you feel uncomfortable. Way better than some yahoo at the mall.

Blonde
09-23-2006, 01:26 AM
I wear unisex frames....and they look very femme

Same here

Joy Carter
09-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Haven't gotten them yet but I ordered a pair of designer styled glasses in mauve, my color for seventy six dollars. No line Bifocals would have been another thirty dollars. Hey who needs to read to be beautiful.:D

Billie Renee
09-23-2006, 01:46 AM
I just got a new pair of glasses at eye masters and just asked for womens frames .No problem the sales lady was very helpful in my selection and I walked out with the new glasses in about an hour.:heehee:

Di
09-23-2006, 06:54 AM
I work in that field and no one will bat an eye....sold many female frames to guys and guy frames to females. And as others have said there are alot of unisex glasses you can where at any time.

Nigella
09-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Wear contacts :D

DebbiAnne
09-23-2006, 10:41 AM
When my wife & daughter were looking at glasses on one side of the display, I took 2 pairs of glasses that I liked (1mens, 1 womens) over to them & asked which they liked, they picked the fem pair, she never found out until she stated a month later when she said it was the best looking pair I ever picked out, she didn't believe it until she seen the feminine detailing on the sides!

Joy Carter
09-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Sears sells unisex glasses. I was there today and they had twenty pair on display.

Melinda G
09-23-2006, 12:18 PM
I have ordered four pair of glasses from this site, and am very happy with their glasses and service. I have regular glasses, reading glasses, bifocals, and fem glasses. All are great, and the price is right. You need to know your prescription. And they come in the mail, usually in four or five days!
When I "dress", I usually wear contacts, but I always seem to get a grain or two of eye shadow, or powder under them, and they irritate the rest of the evening.

http://www.39dollarglasses.com/11000.html

EricaCD
09-23-2006, 12:29 PM
As the thread clearly indicates, there are really two alternatives open to you:

1. Order online, which is totally discreet but you might end up with frames that don't suit you perfectly.

2. Hitch up your undies and shop in person (drab is fine). Yes, it's a little embarrassing (this was the first thing I bought for my fem self in person and I clearly remember the feeling). But the folks at the store are just NOT going to mind. And the likelihood is much higher that you will like what you get.

AmberTG
09-23-2006, 02:22 PM
And they'll fit you better.

AprilMae
09-23-2006, 02:45 PM
In the 30 o so years that I've done this, off and on I've bought just about every item, from bras and panties at Kmart, Nine west shoes and expensive hosiery at Macy's, to cosmetics at the Drug Store, and have never had a negative experience with a sales staff. Don't be afraid to hand over your money. The times I worked in sales, I was only concerned with making the sale. iIdidn't consider the person's race, gender, lifestyle, or motivation for wanting the item. Shop away! This is especially a great time to shop, wirh Christmas time drawing near. Make up a phony list and hit the Mall.

Denise01
09-23-2006, 06:59 PM
I just got a new pair of glasses, that are femme frames, but could easily be in the uni-sex frame classification.
When i went into the optical store, i was looking at femme frames, and the sales girl mentioned that they were ladies, and the mens were in another section.
I just said to her, I have no problems with ladies frames, i just wanted a pair that were lighter than the ones i was wearing.
Found the pair of frames i liked, they could have been a little more femme as far as i am concerned, but settled for the ones i picked, as if i did break my regular ones, they could easily be worn and no one would notice.
Since i have had them, people have come in when i was wearing them, forgot i had the femme ones on, and no one has even mentioned a thing.

It just goes to prove, that what is comfortable to us should be worn by us, and people either do not notice now that so much unisex clothing etc is worn, or do not care.

If you want femme glasses, get them and enjoy.

I did

Denise

ArleneRaquel
09-23-2006, 07:07 PM
I get all my glasses from either Pearl or Sears in person, and for the last 16 months always in enfemme, no problems. I wear both ladies ( Oversized Prescription Sunglasses) and unisex style no lines bifocals. :love: From the Very Nearsighted Katrina

JoAnnDallas
09-25-2006, 08:46 AM
I just bought a pair of reading glasses. They are fem style and when I paid for them and the Haynes pantyhose, the SA didn't blick an eye. She just asked if I need anything else.

Just pick out the style you like and want, goto the youngest SA and tell her that is what you want.

Buying eye glasses is like buyng anything else, the SA should not have any say so as to what you want to buy. If they do, then tell them you will just go to their compeiter and buy from them. That usually gets their attention real quick.

melissaabom
09-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Hello

How does one go about getting unisex eyeglasses .
Do most places have them .,,I would love to wear them

melissa

JoAnnDallas
09-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Most of your eye glass shops will have frames that look good on both sexes. They are not unisex in name, only in looks.

Robin Leigh
09-25-2006, 12:42 PM
I love to wear contact lenses when I dress up (like right now :)). It really makes my face look different to guy mode.

There have been several advances in disposable contact lens technology over the last several years, making them more user-friendly. I find single-use lenses ideal for occasional dressing.

Robin

ColleenCD
09-25-2006, 03:22 PM
My glasses were on the other night table last night, so my wife handed me her glasses. Thinking my eyes are so different, there would be no way hers would be of any use to me. I was floored when I could see the news on TV as well as with my own. She tells me not to stretch them out. OK I won't, but now I have a new fashion toy to play with!

Colleen

julie w
09-25-2006, 03:51 PM
I have femme glasses that I wear when femme I bought them from lens
crafters ,they didnt say a thing after all they are only interested in the sale

JoAnnDallas
09-25-2006, 03:54 PM
I did the opposite, I got rid of my glasses. LOL