PDA

View Full Version : Plus Size Women

Josie P
09-22-2006, 10:26 PM
I would like to know if thier are many CD's out there that are big women. Listening to the sizes I get somewhat jealous. Not only is itdifficult buying women clothes but trying to find things in my size takes some doing.

Life is difficult at a size 28.

I there anyone out there with the same porblem?

Josie

Daintre
09-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi Josie, I am the same as you and I really do find it hard to find fashionable clothes for a decent price

ArleneRaquel
09-22-2006, 10:40 PM
I am a size 16, so I don't have any problems. My size is on the large end, and I feel that I should be a 10. I am too lazy to stick to a regiment and lose the weight. Maybe I will reform, but at my age it isn't easy.:love: From Katrina

trannie T
09-22-2006, 10:48 PM
It is hard but not impossible to find decent clothes in larger sizes. There are many mail order sites, there are chain stores specializing in larger sizes and most department stores have large size clothing. I shop at Lane Bryant (both mail order and in stores) Romans, Catherines, JC Penney, K Mart, WalMart and afew others. The fashions may not be the hottest but are fine for my taste. The biggest problem is finding shoes.

Karren H
09-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Three years ago I was 220 lbs and started playing ice hockey again. Got down to 170 in 9 months....so if you want something bad enough you will work for it!! Dress size 18 to a 10 and now I exersize every day to maintain my weight. My health has improved 100%!!!

Need to get in shape for getting older!!! So get out those ice skates girls!!! :)

Love Karren

Billijo49504
09-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Karren, when I retire, I think I'll volunteer to be the puck for ice hockey. Then I'll feel like I was still at GM...BJ

xingdays
09-23-2006, 12:42 AM
Yup, I have the same problem. I'm a size 24-26...

Jenna1561
09-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Hi Josie,

I am on the same boat as you - size 22 skirt/pants - size 26-28 tops/dresses.

It is difficult to find clothing that are inexpensive and fashionable in our sizes. I'm not sure what stores you have there in Central Jersey, but here in Oklahoma I like shopping at Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant, Avenue, and Goody's. They do have clothes that fit well and I try to shop the sales to help reduce cost. I personally think Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant have the best selection of fashionable attire.

I live in a small town and selections at the local thrift stores are horrid in our size. I've also ordered online from sizeappeal.com and justmysize.com.

Good Luck

Jenna

amberwish
09-23-2006, 01:06 AM
i am now a 1x and it is almost too big for me. ive lost 54lbs and am going to lose 46 more. im now 230 lbs some things i bought in may is now too big for me. trying not to buy much until the weight is off. i got some things from lane bryant and catherines as well as e bay. i just got a winter coat from lane bryant.

hugs and :kiss: :kiss:

Bobbie cd
09-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Three years ago I was 220 lbs and started playing ice hockey again. Got down to 170 in 9 months....so if you want something bad enough you will work for it!! Dress size 18 to a 10 and now I exersize every day to maintain my weight. My health has improved 100%!!!

Need to get in shape for getting older!!! So get out those ice skates girls!!! :)

Love Karren

Hmm,

I have gone from about 208 down to 180 in the last couple of months with just one exercise - called pushback.

That's where you push the damn plate back while there is still food on it!

Seriously, exercise and reasonable diet should do a lot.
I walk my dog for about 45 min. to an hour every day and
just cut back on the portions and the weight started coming back off.

Karren, if I put on ice skates, the only shape I'd be is flat!
(As in flat on my A**! LOL)

Joy Carter
09-23-2006, 01:24 AM
I can't imagine not being able to find a size you want but then if you really need something bad enough buy larger and have it tailored to fit. I have been buying from a mail order co. called Jessica London. I'm an X in skirts (pants :thumbsdn: ) and a one X in tops. Got a real deal on a long wool winter coat for fifty dollars in teal, so beautiful. I found a new local dress shop Joystallfashions.com ( no it's not mine but it's a nice thought) they have sizes to fit the curvy to the strait torso-ed woman in tall sizes.:D

Sabrinageek
09-23-2006, 02:24 AM
Just like everything in life, this is an issue with it's ups and downs.
While it isn't always easy, I have found clothing for me everywhere from K-Mart and Wal-mart to Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant, and Torrid. I even make occasional finds at the local Goodwills and Salvation Army stores.

I'm a size 22-24. 5'8".

due to size, I also have almost no visible adams' apple, as well as "man-boobies" that are a b cup (by the tape measure, although not by looks). Some people feel that having a bit more weight and being a bit rounder makes it easier to pass, if that's what you wish to do. However, I also carry the majority of my weight in my tummy area, which creates problems with fitting at times. I also had to get fairly large(r) breast forms in order to look proportional. So it's all a matter of perspective. However, as I mentioned, and previous posters mentioned, there are still plenty of options out there to feel pretty and girly! (Heck, sometimes I think there's more and better options for me en femme than there are for me in large drab!) If nothing else, part of the fun is the looking, right? Pull out your yellow pages, find the nearest Fashion Bug or Lane Bryant, and just go wander around the store for a bit and see if anything trips your trigger!

Sabrina

Tracy_Victoria
09-23-2006, 03:15 AM
I would like to know if thier are many CD's out there that are big women. Listening to the sizes I get somewhat jealous. Not only is itdifficult buying women clothes but trying to find things in my size takes some doing.

Josie

Josie

Wheres the problem?

I'm a CD with a very large build (as big, if not bigger THAN YOU!) but I don't see it ever as a problem, maybe it a challenge but normally my size and shape work in my favour rather than against it.

Buying clothes is slightly more difficult, but if you look the stores and Ebay sellers are out there that sell clothes in our size, Because, believe it or not real woman come in our size too! basically you just have to look a bit harder, but ebay UK ( so I presume the US one is the same!) is full of clothes my size, though many I would not be seen dead in as just not what I want to wear, so you just have to weed through the rubbish to find what you want, but it is out there! i've never not found anything I didn't want, I just had to look harder!

my pictures in my Profile, if I can offer help in any way, please feel free to PM me!

Helen MC
09-23-2006, 04:51 AM
I am plump and take UK size 24 in panties , skirts etc.

Nigella
09-23-2006, 04:52 AM
I thought a fixation with size was a woman's thing :heehee:

Inredsatin
09-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Josie,
Try www.LaneBryantcatalog.com i have purchased many things from them and the price is right and the delivery is fast. and they have a large selection. Hope this helps
Hugs
Brenda

Annie(ozcd)
09-23-2006, 05:49 AM
I'm anywhere from 18 in panties and skirts to 22 in bras and manage - eBay is great. Shoes is where I have a problem - 14UK women - only fetish shoes no decent flats
http://www.geocities.com/anaust/lavender.jpg

Belinda46
09-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Well as in dressing you are not alone, and as in being a BBW you are also not alone, 6"3" 275 here and yes clothes are a challenge, but as we all know where there is a will there is a way.
So many good suggestions here, not much to add except to enjoy the shopping and enjoy being yourself as time permits...

:hugs:
Belinda

PS. I find myself jealous of those size 6,8,and 10's to.

DonnaG
09-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Josie
I wear size 24w and find that Willow Ridge, Blair and Old Pueblo Traders have a nice selection of current and fashionable clothes. Blair and Willow Ridge run sales and if you sign up for their e-mail you can get some really great buys. DonnaG

Joyce1702
09-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Add me to the Plus Size group. As we know, sizes are all over the place so it's hard to buy without trying on. Aside from the 'marts, I've had good luck with Lane Bryant Catalog, Fashion Bug Plus, and eBay.

There was a Super K-mart here that carried plus-size jewelry but it went out of business. I can't find any in the regular K-marts.

Hugs to all the BBWs!

Joyce

Carlacd
09-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Being a old swimmer and weight lifter. With my broad shoulders, any were from a 26 to 30. Skirts a 24 to 26 depend on style. So yes i am a big girl too.

Tiffy
09-23-2006, 08:52 AM
6', 340, yeah I am a big girl to. Romans is great as well as e-bay. Just gotta look and shop. It is out there.

April M

AprilMae
09-23-2006, 10:12 AM
I know the feeling. Getting seperates is a challenge. in tops I run between 1x and 2x, but bottoms run 14 to 16.

kymmieLorain
09-23-2006, 11:30 AM
I am a size 18-20. my last phyical the Dr said I should lose about 20#. That would bring me to 190 I would like to get down to 160. I just need to do it. Most of the fasions I like are in smaller sizes, especialy lingerie.

Kymmie

ErikaLeigh
09-23-2006, 11:58 AM
I am in the plus size too. 24-26. I get most of my stuff from either Roamans.com or Lanebryant.com. They have a nice selection of clothes at reasonablt prices, adn shoes up to 13w. Ebay tends to have more of the higher fetish heels and sleazy clothes if you like that style.

Jennifer Giovannetta
09-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I need plus size clothes also. But the womens styles are so much nicer that I do not mind if the clothes are a bit diffrent. Some of the plus size clothes are so cute! Like a skirt I sat in wal mart of all places. It was my size and looks really sexy with a pair of heeled sandals!!!!

Agles
09-23-2006, 02:09 PM
ive been trying to lose weight as much as posable. im a 18 now and im aiming for a 16. i felt i can get my weight down if i just started eating right. cut out all fast food and started cooking my own stuff. i started 3 months ago and have dropped almost 30 pounds. i should not that all i changes was what i was eating, as well as portions. this has also led to saved money as well. i also cut out pop, and picked up drinking teas and juices instead. not only have i lost the weight i feel better about myself.
sense i am only doing this for my feminine self those who know about me losing weight and saying stuff about it feels good. even if im not out to them. why should a guy not want to be less then 200 pounds. right now im sitting at 220 so i dont have that much to go. if you want i can go on about my ideas on diets but that's could be for another post

='.'=
Jamie

AprilMae
09-23-2006, 02:19 PM
If you are going to shop ebay, I suggest not using the "crossdresser" search filter. a lot of the items are of the "Sleaze" style and not new, and a bit pricey. I shop from the regular Women's section, you can find a lot of nice new items.

Josie P
09-23-2006, 08:07 PM
First off all I wish to thank all of the ladies that responded to my post.

I have shopped in Fashion bug Plus, Kmart, and a Haband outlet store that recently shut down. I have gone to payless shoes size 12W for shoes and the local Wallgreens for make up. I mail order my pantyhose through Silkies. So I have found items for my size.

I have started a Slim fast diet back in June. I have it for breakfast and lunch five days a week andwatch what I eat in the evening. Basicaly my dinner ( a smaller portion ) and no hi caloric snacks. I conjunction to my diet I have returned to the gym 3 evenings a week. I have come to the conclusion that it has taken me the last five decades to get this way so it will take some time to get the weight off. My initial goal is to reach a size 26.

Listening to everyone it seems that I am in an interesting situation with my wife of 28 years. She suffers from a agoraphobia and has been seeing therapist in the last 20+ years. We have discussed my dressing with her therapist when she began to notice a couple of things about 7 years ago.
Since then we have discussed my dressing with each other therapist.

Bottom line is that she not supportive and would like me to give it up tomorrow, but understands somewhat. I had to chuckle at the response to her present therapist. She mention to her that I dressed and wanted to get some support from her point of view. Instead she informs her that if this is her only concern she has nothing to worry about.

I apologise for the rambling but this is my only source beside my therapist where I can discuss things openly.

:bighug:

Josie P

Jodi Lynn
09-23-2006, 09:28 PM
I am a plus size too. And I do know that finding the right things are hard. I have had good luck at Cathereens and Lane Braynte too (BTW they are the same company). Even Wal-Marts has some nice things too, I but most of my bras and panties there. But I find that when I shopping for my age (52) I can find a better selection, then if I want to look like a kid again. Only thing that I do really look for are low cut tops, I do love showing off my cleavage, a natural 44-D. Other then that I try to dress my age and enjoy it.

Audrey34
09-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Depending upon the style I can wear a dress sized 26W or 28W. The biggest problem I have with large sizes is that the hemlines are too damn long. I mean what is this, the 1930's? I have the damndest time trying to find dresses with hemlines at or above the knee. On the other hand, I have seen dozens of dresses with the hem length I like but (SIGH) can't fit them unless I lock myself in a closet without food for two months. I'm sorry to be so snippy today ladies, but I have just beeen shopping on ebay, and all I could find tonight were floor length dresses and muu-muu's.
-Audrey:(

Barb Valentine
09-24-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm a big girl too 28 or 3X
I like going to the thrift stores myself
Being in the closet style is not a problem
I just like to be comfortable in what I wear

Karen Johnson
09-24-2006, 03:42 AM
I wear plus sizes and one of the problems I run into is just what a size means. Sometimes a 1x will fit fine and another time not. I usually can get into 20's but again, an 18 might look great and a 20 be snug.

It's even worse with the shoes.

AprilMae
09-24-2006, 06:34 AM
erapist.

Bottom line is that she not supportive and would like me to give it up tomorrow, but understands somewhat. I had to chuckle at the response to her present therapist. She mention to her that I dressed and wanted to get some support from her point of view. Instead she informs her that if this is her only concern she has nothing to worry about.

I apologise for the rambling but this is my only source beside my therapist where I can discuss things openly.

:bighug:

Josie P

I'd say that she has a wise therapist. When I fell out of the closet last year and we discussed it, once my s/o was assured that I only do this in private and have no desire to go out in public or socialize while dressed and hadn't changed my sexual preferences, end of problem. as she said to me, "Their just clothes. Makes no difeerence. "

mecloset
09-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Amen, being a big girl does have its down falls. Depending on manufacturer I can wear anything from 22 thru 28. I have been to a few bridal shops and have tried on varying gown. Its amazing how they dont really standarize size. But I do find a lot of deals at the thrift stores and during the changing of seasons at Lane Bryant and Fashion Bug plus.

kateyliz
09-25-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm a big gurl too. I have clothes I can wear that range from 1X to 2X and 20 to 26 in US sizes. It all depends on the cut, the brand, and how snugly you want the particular item to fit. Hug, Kathy

linnea
09-25-2006, 04:52 PM
For me, as it apparently is for many others, it is not only finding the large sizes I need (I typically wear a size 22 or 24 dress), but also finding styles and ways of appearing "proportional." Of course, women come in virtually all sizes, so from that standpoint, being large is not entirely a problem.
I have had very good luck finding stylish fashions at Lane Bryant, and in my area a shop called Dress Barn often has wonderful outfits, pants, dresses, etc. The last time I shopped en femme, I tried on a couple of outfits at Dress Barn and thought that the fit and style were very flattering (I was short on funds, so I didn't buy either one, but I enjoyed wearing them in the store).
I've lost about 30 pounds and hope to lose another 30. That will help me to find nice things that fit, but weight loss will not affect the breadth of my shoulders nor the narrowness of my waist and hips (I use padding to create a proportional look).
Shoes are a BIG problem. I wear a men's size 13 EEE. Finding flats or other stylish women's shoes is very difficult. My greatest success has come through mail order.

I know the feeling. Getting seperates is a challenge. in tops I run between 1x and 2x, but bottoms run 14 to 16.

DonnaT
09-25-2006, 06:19 PM
5'9" and 267 lbs, so yes, I'm a plus size.

I too am an old swimmer and stil swim a 1500 meters most mornings. So, tops are 3X or 24 or 26, skirts 18W. I got down to 230lbs last year and bought some size 16 skirts that no longer fit. Working again to get down to that size and further.

Onlything I;m lucky on now is shoes at women's sizes 8-8.5.

june58
09-25-2006, 08:54 PM
I am also a plus size gurl (20) and don't have to much trouble finding decent things. Most stores have plus size sections along with the stores that specialize in plus sizes. The problem I have is I have a long torso and I have trouble finding tops that are long enough and comfortable.

trannie T
09-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Queen's Closet in Tacoma, Washington sells used clothing at good prices, the staff are friendly and helpful and you can use the dressing rooms. If you live in the Northwest they're worth checking out.

tracylin
10-20-2006, 07:28 AM
have you tried shoppin at the Avenu they have size 14 and up I went on a diet Im down to a size 12 I use to shop at the Avenu try there they have some great outfits and they helped me right out np

Wendy me
10-20-2006, 07:49 AM
i was a 17 /18 now a 8/9 sometimes when i don't watch my diet i can fatten up to a size 11/12...

sweeting
10-20-2006, 08:13 AM

Josie

yes i am and it is very hard to find something you like that fits laurie

Rita Knight
10-21-2006, 02:40 AM
I am a dress size 22. Right now, I am partial to Roamans for the combination of price and style. For something a bit more expensive, try Silhouettes at http://www.silhouettes.com/. Great plus size fashion sites, try http://www.beautypluspower.com/ and http://www.elegantplus.com/