PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff thread: Faith and Gender dysphoria

SultrySara
12-27-2004, 01:37 AM
This is my post from Faith and crossdressing but I really wanted to start my own thread to really get some deep insite from you ladies and this way it should get more attention:"Well I guess this goes a little deeper w/ me. I struggle w/ pretty much the same thing except for worrying about crossdressing I worry about my desire to persue being a woman. Not having much money seeing a therapist is pretty much out and my faith in God assures me he will show me the way someday. When I dress I feel more comfortable than I ever do dressed as a man and fell more than ever that I wish I could just go out in the world as the beautiful female I wish I was born as, I guess the most simplified way to put my question is: Am I supposed to stay a man like I was born as?? or am I suppossed to struggle through the process of being a Man made woman so everybody will see me as I feel I wished i looked??? Problem is I am not very girly emotionly just physically more so meaning I don't act very feminen but I feel VERY Feminin when I dress. Hope I am hyjacking this thread I just felt like I wanted to touch a little deeper, does it just stop at crossdressing or do we crossdress to feel more like the woman we wish we were??? One more thing that spins my top is that I KNOW I have been blessed with the physical appearences that could easily be made to look like a woman with a little surgery and the right training, this makes me wonder even more If I am supposed to have SRS one day.I am blessed with being able to look so girly w/ little effort". It's just when I put on that dress I feel totally beautiful and free if only for a while at a time

Sweet Susan
12-27-2004, 01:44 AM
I'm not sure where you are going with this thread. How is it any different than the one from which you spun it? What I'm asking is, 'what is your question?' :confused:

SultrySara
12-27-2004, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure where you are going with this thread. How is it any different than the one from which you spun it? What I'm asking is, 'what is your question?' :confused:

Well I guess I am babbling on with thoughts as they come to mind. The first trhead deals with crossdressing itsself and actually speaks of man still playing his role no matter what he wears. I am not concerned with the question of does god not want me to crossdress. I wanted to touch on how people feel about going all the way and becoming a woman and does this seem wrong in gods eyes if you are a true christian. this is the ultimate question I feel I have not got an answer for.

I know a lot of people crossdress but do not intend to change their sex nor do they ever feel the desire to, I wonder how many people have actually gender issues and how God and JC play a role in that feeling. I hope this is more clear as I can't seem to stop from rambling. :p

Sweet Susan
12-27-2004, 02:00 AM
Thanks, Sara. That is much more clear. I am not a Christian, nor do I ever believe I will ever become one. The old boy would have to pop out in person for me to believe he is who he is purported to be. So, I guess this thread is not one in which I can make any reasonable offering.

racquel
12-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Sultrysara,i cannot see how this thread requires any different answer than would a c-d question.

Does God-Jesus love you?does he want you to be happy?

If you know Jesus you know the answer.
Love God #1
love your neighbour as yourself #2
be happy.(eternity is a long time)

babe4life
12-27-2004, 03:15 AM
Hi Sara!

Know exactly what you are saying and have been going through all those questions very recently in my own heart and mind. Depending on who you read or listen to, the answers will vary dramatically.

God is interested in you the person. Not the shell. The big question is of course, what does one do with the shell? And, as in all things in life, I believe each person's path is different. I identify myself as TS. Whether that means I should seek to transition and SRS I don't know and have been seeking His guidance for it.

Make no mistake, as Vicky I feel far more liberated, in touch, wonderful, closer to Him than ever before. That is part of the struggle. I have asked several people to keep me in their prayers to make sure that I am doing the right thing. That right thing may be to transition or not. One of my greatest fears is when I stand before my God and He asks why I didn't do what He asked of me. What a terrible thought. All I want to do is follow His will and work for Him.

So. Being Christian and TS is downright difficult. If you do the searches on the 'Net, you will find LOTS of arguments for both sides of the coin. (I have a few articles and links on my website too). At the moment, I have no idea where I am going and that is why I have been so quiet here lately. I still believe that being T* is a gift from Him. I think we have insights into the human psyche that is to almost be envied and the struggles we go through make us so much better for Him too, IF we allow it.

If you want to chat more, drop me a line!

Love,
Vicky

christine55
12-27-2004, 04:04 AM
Aren't you telling the truth about conflicting thoughts on the subject.
Even the Bible can lean either way depending on what passages and context you rely on. I guess I can only say is that I don't know what the end result of this whole thing is. I only do know that the worst thing I can do is to feel condemned and alienated from God. We are all works in progress.
One practice that has been helping me lately is to acknowledge God in all things, thus allowing him to influence me more in the way He would have me to be. What is possible? All things are possible with God but we are stubborn and self willed creatures.
May His Will be Done
Hugs, Christine

Celeste GG
12-27-2004, 04:14 AM
Life is a test of character for everyone, balancing you male and female sides is just one. It's how you handle it with dignity that counts.

Some say it is God that tests us. all I know is that people who have been through lifes trials and do their best to do what is in their hart, are more interesting, more spiritual people.

Abraxas
12-27-2004, 10:12 AM
The way I've always thought of it is... You're not supposed to lie, to ourself or others, right?
I think that if you remain in the closet or supress your urges (and this refers to homosexuality as well, or anything else for that matter) you're basically lying to yourself and others every day of your life.

It's better to live your life as you see fit, than to lie to yourself and everyone else.
Especially if it's something that's not causing any harm to anybody else, and something you cannot control.

But then again, I'm not religious or anything... And the Bible does say that effeminate men are bad, as well as men wearing womens' clothes...

However, back in Bible times, everyone wore basically the same thing-- long robes. Who could distinguish? I don't get it.
But, love the sinner, hate the sin is where it's at. And I don't personally think that crossdressing could be a sin. They're just clothes and when you think about it, fashion is determined by society. Men used to be the ones in high heels and tights.

You could always pray about it and hope you get an answer.
*shrugs*

Ashleigh
12-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Sara,
Please keep your communication open with the Lord and continue to ask Him what His will is for you. We are all individuals and He has created us - male and female - in accordance to His plan and desires for us. As far as SRS, I believe it is wrong for us to tell Him either by word or action that He made a mistake by making us male, and so we will change that and go through surgery, etc. God makes NO mistakes. He is perfect. He knows us better than we know ourselves. When I started in my quest for knowledge of male to female changes, I asked sincerely and with real intent on knowing His will and not what I wanted to see happen. I have received my answers in that regard. For me, no breasts, no hormones. This is no longer a conflict. I am a male who likes to wear thigh highs and high heels.

Babe4Life is correct in knowing that we will have to account to Him someday for our decisions. This will be done regardless of whether we believe in Him or not. Just because we choose not to believe something does not mean it is not there.

God the Father and Jesus Christ do exist and love us unconditionally even when we make mistakes or choose consciously to go against His will. He loves all of His children, even those who have chosen different paths that are not His will.

Christine is also correct in acknowledging God in all things since all good things come from Him. I wish more people would acknowledge Him positively and more frequently.

Many have written on this forum about Matthew 22:37-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great acommandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

We not are showing that we love the Lord if we intentionally go against His will and we are not showing we love our "neighbor" (families) if we do things that cause them distress.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to preach. All I am saying is that He will answer your prayers if you pray with an honest intent in finding our what HE wants, not what we want. And remember, He still loves us regardless.

DonnaT
12-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Am I supposed to stay a man like I was born as?? or am I suppossed to struggle through the process of being a Man made woman so everybody will see me as I feel I wished i looked??? Problem is I am not very girly emotionly just physically more so meaning I don't act very feminen but I feel VERY Feminin when I dress.

The way I look at it, if God did not want TSs to have the ability to change by SRS, then He wouldn't have given the surgeons the ability to perform the operation.

Note also, that there are many women who do not act feminine, and I guess that is subject to our definition of feminine.

SultrySara
12-28-2004, 12:46 AM
[QUOTE=DonnaT]The way I look at it, if God did not want TSs to have the ability to change by SRS, then He wouldn't have given the surgeons the ability to perform the operation.[QUOTE]

And that is exactly what I am getting at, I know God exists even though I have trouble listening sometimes. But the fact that the process exists to make me unquestionably passable as a female makes me wonder if Sara is meant for something bigger than me (male side)???? It's soo hard to think clearly sometimes from being clouded by my desires, but I am praying that he shows me what he wants me to be, not what I think I want to be. I pray that maybe I will find my answer on this forum since therapy is pretty much out of the question if only for the mean time. I am just really fighting the urge to start slowly taking on hormones thinking that will make me fell more feminine and maybe that will let me think more clearly about what I want since it can be hard to understand if the desire is just sexual. If the estrogen slows my libido but I still fell as wonderfull as always than I fell I may want to pursue transistion before I get to much older (will be 27 in may '05). Thank you girls for listening and haveing such wonderfull advice.

DonnaT
12-28-2004, 08:05 AM
I am praying that he shows me what he wants me to be, not what I think I want to be. I pray that maybe I will find my answer on this forum

Maybe he answered by pointing you to this forum. It will be quite difficult to differentiate your feelings as to whether He shows you the way or it is your desire.

God made you what you are, you just have to learn to accept it instead of questioning it. I accepted it a long long time ago when I realized I could not change what I am.

As for hormones, make sure you are under the care of a doctor. Some things can do mor harm than good. I have heard of cases where estrogen has caused the CD to loose all interest in dressing. Couldn't tell you if it was a libido thing or not, though.

Vickie-CD
12-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Everyone is unique and there are so many levels of x-dressing, some are once in a blue moon as a fetish, others dress 24/7. One size does not fit all, I'm sure over time you will find the level you feel comfortable at.
Love to All,
Vickie

babe4life
12-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Everyone has had stunning points to add here. I wanted to add one teensy thing. At this stage in my life, I have no idea whether transitioning is right for me. A month or two ago I knew I should transition. Then I started praying more and talking to others more and more. I also asked for prayer from family too (now that was tough!). If I was given the option of being GG totally, I would jump for it, but not sure about the "official" medical route. As for God making no mistakes, absolutely! He made me. He also knew what He was doing when He placed me on the T* spectrum ... That is why I always question the thing about staying male - I think for some people, He may well want you to transition. But that is definitely between you and Him and NO ONE ELSE! :)

Hmm, that sounded like a rant / sermon. Ooops, not intended.

Love,
Vicky