PDA

View Full Version : All the lonely people (drab social life)?

sandra-leigh
09-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Some of the local grrls and I were chatting last night at a residential social get-together.

We noticed that for the majority of us, dressing had noticably increased our social life. Some of us had had little social life before dressing and dressing had been an important factor in increased social life overall; for others of us, even now the social life related to dressing was about the only social life we had currently had (e.g., old friends move on and new "drab" social networks didn't happen to develop.)

Those of us who had remained to that discussion, are all "shy" in drab, and most of us there are noticably less shy dressed (or in activities related to dressing.) I have noticed, though, that several of us there have various topics of detailed knowledge and passion that we "switch on for" and talk animately about -- that we are each virtually "extroverts" for our areas of special interest, while otherwise tending to remain quiet.

Does this accord with your experiences?

It is a bit difficult to envision some of the regulars as being shy about anything in drab! (e.g., Karren Hutton, Lisa Glamsexual, tekla west)

This does raise questions of cause and effect: for some, shyness could be a matter of being concerned about "what would they think?!", or perhaps a fear of discovery. But for others, dressing almost seems to "free the inner extrovert".

Eugenie
09-24-2006, 04:56 PM
It is not my case. I'm an out going person when en DRAB. I like social contacts, actually I can establish contact with almost anybody in very little time.

My wife jokes about it and say that anyone who spoke to me five minutes knows all about my life (well not all, of course... I don't tell every one about my x-dressing, although it isn't the envy that is missing...)

As some of you may have noticed, I like to be in virtual contact with other CDs through the internet.

Of course I like to meet other CDs face to face, but given the lack of group in my area of France, I don't meet any other CDs around where I live. I do meet some when I travel but even that is rather rare.
:hugs:
Eugenie

Calliope
09-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Dancing has been the flashpoint for me. I've always bopped along to tunes in front of the mirror, M or F mode. But, out in the real world, in guy mode I always fell into the usual uptight stand there position (however much I drank) and watched everyone else have fun dancing. Enfemme, I am a dancing maniac. And finally liberated, happy. I've met more (nice) ladies wearing a skirt in one month than I ever did as a boy in a year.

Cool.

[Listening to Britney Spears as I type this.]

sophieuk
09-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Since i split from my wife about five years ago, i sort of stayed in. I feel that because of the cross dressing, it is hard to meet any one else as a partner. For me, i would have to tell them allmost straight away i guess. I would love to go out, dressed or not, but as i have always kept me self to my self, i don't have many friends. But, do i worry, no. I have things to keep my mind going and really love my own company. It would be great if a group of us from this site could all meet up in london or some thing. A GIRL gang. May be we can get some names together and arrange it?? any one up for it.

best wishes

sophieuk X