PDA

View Full Version : Wedding dress

Larissa
09-25-2006, 07:11 AM
I've never worn a wedding dress...until this weekend. Found a dress in a thrift store. Not quite my size but close enough to give it a try. Wow. This could be the start of something new.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Kate Simmons
09-25-2006, 07:17 AM
Here's a shot of mine. Not a full shot but you get the idea. Can't beat the feeling.:happy: Ericka Kay

Angie G
09-25-2006, 07:30 AM
I wore A friend wedding dress my my wife was doing alterations on it was a beautiful $1000. dress it did feel great but I'm not geting one :hugs:
Angie

Lawren
09-25-2006, 08:36 AM
I would so love to wear a wedding dress but just cannot afford to buy one and haven't gotten up the courage to go to a bridal shop for a fitting. Part of my dilemma is that I would want to have a complete makeover and glamour photo shoot to go with it all.

I used to have a drop dead gorgeous prom gown that I just loved to wear but it went out in a purge. :cry: "#@#*^*#*@ purges"

Larissa
09-27-2006, 06:53 AM
Thanks Erika for sharing your photo. I think no wedding day is complete without a veil. :love:

The thrift store had a dress with the price tag still on it ($1100!) selling it for $199. Too bad it was a size 12. :(

Still, a girl can dream, can't she?

Kate Simmons
09-27-2006, 07:01 AM
I got mine during a "mad moment" a few years ago through the Roaman's catalog. I think everything, including the dress, veil and rings was under $200. Not a lot but it's nice enough for me. I only plan using it once if I ever do. I think there may be some postings in the picture gallery or other spots if you look back to past threads of some of the girls with very beautiful gowns.:happy: Ericka Kay

Samantha B L
09-27-2006, 08:42 AM
I owned a wedding dress which I bought at somethng like a Stewarts or a County Seat at a shopping mall.It felt exhilerating to wear it.I owned it for 5 years and I wore it 5 or 6 times a year.I feel silly telling this but I was putting the dress on one time and I was in kind of a hurry.I think I stepped on the hem and this put a couple of rips in it that were at least 6 inches long.That wedding dress was a real find.I can't remember what I paid for it.I've been planning for a long time to have a wedding dress made for me by an online transgender seamstress that I know of.But it's taking me forever to get around to it.One thing leads to another and my money gets eaten up in daily living expenses and I keep having to put off buying many of the wigs and clothes that I only dream of owning.But I know that happens to everybody. Anyway,that's the story of my wedding dress.Samantha

Larissa
09-27-2006, 09:06 AM
I know what you mean. I didn't realize how dangerous the train could be. Wonderful feel around my legs though. :c9:

While my dreams exceed my pocketbook, I love thrift stores. I can't begin to count all the different outfits I've been able to try on.

One funny story -- I was in a thrift store and what should come over the sound system? Shania's "Man I Feel Like A Woman"! Without realizing it, I was singing along as I searched through the racks of clothes. I looked up and realized a female shopper was watching me. I smiled at her, she smiled back, and I kept singing and shopping. :happy:

eleventhdr
09-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Like I have said i'd love to have one of theses for myself sigh!?

someday!

Jay Suzy!

KarenNY
09-27-2006, 10:42 AM
I adore wedding and formal gowns and I have owned three wedding dresses in my life. My first was when I was still in college, an informal country-style wedding dress with a full tea-length skirt, in white taffeta with a white lace overlay, plus a bridal hat that went with it. I loved that dress! And the short puffed sleeves were the kind you wear off the shoulders -- very pretty look! It was one that I bought at a bridal shop with no problems, even had it fitted, althought the saleslady said I was a perfect size 10 and didn't really need much taken in.

Years later, I bought two formal wedding gowns, both white satin, one of which is on my profile here. Both are similar in style, both Alfred Angelo, with short puffed sleeves and full floor-length skirts with chapel-length trains and big bows in back. I bought them about two years apart and used to wear them from time to time... one doesn't fit anymore as it is a size 12, but the other is size 14 and fits okay still... The size 12 gown is the one I did a bridal portrait sitting in at a photo studio, one of the most wonderful things I have done! :D

GG Vanya
09-27-2006, 12:18 PM
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtony_summer888QQhtZ-1

Check out this Ebayer. Their prices seem too good to be true, but I checked their feed back. Seems to be on the up and up. They even "make to order" it appears.

Hell, maybe I'll purchase some things for Trudi there! :D

eli
09-27-2006, 12:37 PM
My mom is a dressmaker and she works at home so there's always some dresses around the house. One day there was this wedding dress and I just had to try it on. It wasn't exactly my size or style though :heehee:

Kisses, Eli

myMichelle
09-27-2006, 03:44 PM
One funny story -- I was in a thrift store and what should come over the sound system? Shania's "Man I Feel Like A Woman"! Without realizing it, I was singing along as I searched through the racks of clothes. I looked up and realized a female shopper was watching me. I smiled at her, she smiled back, and I kept singing and shopping. :happy:

Great story, Larissa! You can't beat those kind of moments! I've never actually purchased a wedding dress, although I have tried a couple on in various thrift stores over the years. Nothing says feminine like a wedding dress!:happy:

Jasmine Ellis
09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
I Would Love To Try One Of Those Beautiful Dresses On. Walk Out In The Gardens Have A Picture Or Two Taken A Girls Dream

sophieuk
09-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Wedding dresses' are the most beautiful things to wear. they say the dress is the most important thing for a girls big day, which i guess is the resaon to have one. I have one, size 14, lovely, which i am selling do to making space.
love sophieuk from uk

Lawren
09-28-2006, 07:20 AM
While shopping in a local "general store", (which has everthing incuding shotguns, wedding gowns, and cold beer), Kerry and I were looking at the gowns and chatting with the seamstress. With a bit of tongue and cheek humor, I asked her if I could be fitted for a wedding gown. With no pause at all she said I could try one on if I wanted to. I didn't but now I know where I can when I am ready to.

P. S. Without a really good corset I might look the part of the bride at a "shotgun wedding". :bs:

brina_cd
09-28-2006, 11:07 AM
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtony_summer888QQhtZ-1

Check out this Ebayer. Their prices seem too good to be true, but I checked their feed back. Seems to be on the up and up. They even "make to order" it appears.

Hell, maybe I'll purchase some things for Trudi there! :D
They prices are too good to be true... Turns out that the shipping charges START at about $100 US. (they are expressed in Pounds Sterling, so you have to do some conversion work).

I think Ebay has a policy about this....

Tiana
09-29-2006, 03:22 PM
i just love wedding gowns and wear one for an evening around twice a month and as i have 4 at present i come down stairs and my wife says "oh its that one's turn". as you have gathered i am so lucky to have a wonderful woman as my wife but enjoy the feel of the material but for me the dress is wonderful but the feeling of being a bride is unbelieveable x

Michelle2008
09-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I totally agree with everyone here...a bridal gown is the pinacle of femininity. I had a bridal gown fitting at my local David's Bridal store last June. It was such a fun and very positive experience for me. My avatar is from that day at David's Bridal. Anyone who wants a bridal gown fitting, please call your local David's Bridal store. They are very CD friendly....take care!

Michelle

Rachel Morley
09-29-2006, 09:01 PM
There's just "something" so feminine about wedding dresses, don't you agree? I don't know if it's the "Princess thing" or maybe something else but wedding dresses, or rather for me, seeing a GG (any GG) in a wedding dress is such a lovely sight to behold. :happy:

Once upon a time, in a past life, I used to be a professional DJ and I used to do wedding gigs on a regular basis. I used to love seeing the bride and all her bridesmaids in their dresses, they looked so pretty to me. I so wished I could have been them. :o

Karren H
09-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Borrowed a friends.... Also what a feeling!! And talk about heavy!!!

Love Karren

alison4men
09-30-2006, 12:27 PM
A nice rich guy that buys me all my clothes

Tiffany Anne 9954
09-30-2006, 06:39 PM
I own 2 wedding gowns and they are the favourite items in my wardrobe. When I started building my femme wardrobe I made sure a wedding gown would be one of them. That dream became a reality in 1997 when a cd friend of mine helped me buy my wedding gown (he knew the store owner).
Last year i acquired my second wedding gown with the help of a gg friend i got to know.
Both my gowns were bought as new gowns since they still had the designer tags and original prices on them. The one I'am wearing in my avatar costs $950 but i got it for about 400. The scond one was for about the same price (same original price too).
Don't be surprised if i start looking for a third one:D