PDA

View Full Version : Saw "Normal" this weekend.....

Ranee Daze
09-25-2006, 12:11 PM
On a recommendation from a friend who knows not of my dressing, I rented "Normal" this weekend, a movie starring one of my favourites, Jessica Lange, as a midwest pre-menopausal housewife whose husband suddenly anounces that he's in the wrong body and wants a sex change. The movie does a great job of exploring the tensions, problems and reactions within a small, closely knit community. The husband does not crossdress before this announcement. I sort of enjoyed it.
I learned alot...about myself, throught this dvd, but the biggest thing I learned is how little I am interested in becoming transexxual. I really love being able to pull off the feminine masquerade every now and then. Dressing is erotic for me, and so the idea of taking hormones to shrink my willy and eventually have it carved out and inverted to create a vagina I have no interest in using with a man is so completely foreign to any body of though I might have.
Would I like a set of 42 C's, you bet, but I'll stick with the popcorn kernels if it means losing my libido!
Thoughts ladies?

Robin Leigh
09-25-2006, 12:32 PM
It sounds like a good movie, Ranee.

Anything that helps TG people understand whether they are TS or not is a Very Good Thing, IMHO.

Robin

Karren H
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Cool!! I'll have to rent it also!! And I'm with you....keep that knife away from my willie! Hehe. I've kind of grown attached to it! :D

Love Karren

ColleenCD
09-25-2006, 02:36 PM
I saw this when it came out on HBO. The lead character was suicidally depressed, with rejections from Dad and family, but...found out who she really was. The transformation seemed fairly real with rejections from the church, and acceptance from the wife and daughter.

The ending seemed rushed and left off at a crucial relationship part. In the last minute or so Jessica Lange makes it clear to her future ex-husband that she will be dating men soon. The realization that he would loose her becomes clear. Wouldn't he know, or even suspect this before he even came out?

All in all, it was a thought provoking movie, and Jessica Lange was very good.

Colleen

P.S: Tootsie, Normal, I think I see a Jessica Lange theme here. :thumbsup:

Lisa Golightly
09-25-2006, 02:51 PM
I remember watching 30 minutes once but I have to be honest and say it did bore me rigid. Sorry.

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-25-2006, 02:54 PM
It wasn't really exciting, but sensative and well done.

Sasha Anne

AprilMae
09-25-2006, 03:59 PM
I enjoyed it, it had it's humorous moments as well.

Ranee Daze
09-25-2006, 06:16 PM
I have loved Jessica Lange in everything she does, from Rob Roy, to Crimes of The Heart, to Tootsie and now Normal. She makes me glad to heterosexual.