PDA

View Full Version : New Pantyhose

McLegs
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Since I started dressing fully, I've always purchased Leggs pantyhose. Relatively inexpensive when on sale. As usual when I need to buy new ones they are not on sale. Not that the 4 bucks is a big deal, it just sucks when they get a run on the second wearing. Today I went into Walgreens that had Nononsense on sale, $10 for 2 four packs. I have to say they don't have as much spandex in them as Leggs, so they seem to fit a little looser. This actually made them feel as if they were giving my legs a massage as I moved around. They also seem to be much sheerer than the Leggs. Put them on with a skirt I have worn many times & could actually feel the fabric of the skirt rubbing against my legs, felt nice! I know many of you ladies prefer different brands. Just curious on how some of the others compare?

Hugs All Around,
Michelle+?

mikala
09-25-2006, 08:27 PM
I like leggs, usually get 'em at WalMart

I also like the thigh-high ones, then I can pull them up over my girdle long line (smooths out the crouch real nicely)

JoanFlores
09-26-2006, 05:15 AM
I am not sure what I have bought, but I like control tops.

Trish
09-26-2006, 06:39 AM
The Legg's brand pantyhose seems to fit better, and last longer.

Karren H
09-26-2006, 07:07 AM
I hate panty hose....too confining!! Though I do have a few pair, mostly the expensive special ones with embroidered paterns and flowers (wearing a pair in my avatar). But love thigh highs, self supporting or with a garter. They feels soooo good on!! Did pick up a pair of microfiber tights in black... $6... And may wear them to work today just to see how they feel..

UPDATE - the Leggs microfibre tights are very nice and comphy!! Wearing them today under my slacks with out socks.... They are dark enough and opaque enough to pass for light thin socks. Now I need to find microfiber thigh highs!! Hehe

Love Karren

allisonrn06
09-26-2006, 07:51 AM
No Nonsense is my favorite brand and their Sheer Endurance hold up nicely,ie:they don't run easily. I have other brands too,though from Leggs,JC Penney,Sears,Simply Basic,etc.and love them all. I would like to get some from VS sometime,but for some reason always have trouble working up nerve to go in that store.I don't have trouble buying fem items from any other store I go into,but for some reason get cold feet when it comes to Victoria's Secret.

Angie G
09-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi Michelle have you tried the wagreens brand the one I got seemed not bad :hugs:
Angie

Denise Anne
09-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I really like No Nonsense pantyhose. They wear good and feel very comfortable. Besides.....They are not as expensive as some other name brands! :2c: I usually always have several pair of the No Nonsense Tan and Black sheer to waist pantyhose in my drawer on standby.

Denise Anne

perfume
09-26-2006, 01:12 PM
hello, have you tried silkies? there long wearing and feel good. I wear them in the cold months there black hose seem to be heavier then others and they have good sales. I receive mine by mail, i order them and there here in a couple days. One draw back you can only buy one style and color at a time. good luck.

Gretchen
09-26-2006, 02:38 PM
I have only recently come to wear and enjoy pantyhose almost as much as thigh highs. I have not sampled many brands because I have had very good luck with Leggs Silken Mist and Hanes Silk Reflections, both regular and control top. For whatever reason, both fit wonderfully well and feel marvelous on......very silky and fairly long wearing too.
Gretchen

Annaliese
09-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Since I started dressing fully, I've always purchased Leggs pantyhose. Relatively inexpensive when on sale. As usual when I need to buy new ones they are not on sale. Not that the 4 bucks is a big deal, it just sucks when they get a run on the second wearing. Today I went into Walgreens that had Nononsense on sale, $10 for 2 four packs. I have to say they don't have as much spandex in them as Leggs, so they seem to fit a little looser. This actually made them feel as if they were giving my legs a massage as I moved around. They also seem to be much sheerer than the Leggs. Put them on with a skirt I have worn many times & could actually feel the fabric of the skirt rubbing against my legs, felt nice! I know many of you ladies prefer different brands. Just curious on how some of the others compare?

Hugs All Around,
Michelle+?

I only ware pantyhose in the winter when I ride to keep me warm. I get a good tan in the summer so my legs look good most of the winter.

Anna

AprilMae
09-26-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't have a favorite. No Nonsense or L'Eggs everyday. The KMart store Brand isn't bad. Every so often I go to Koh'ls hand treat my self to some silky Hanes. I lean toward Thigh Hi's in the warmer months.

McLegs
09-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey Girls,
Thanks for the ideas. Have to check on the other No Nonsense styles. Walgreens sale only had the regular hose. I prefer sheer to waist, but the price was right. I'll try some of the others.

Hugs,
Michelle

Jodi
09-26-2006, 07:25 PM
My favorite is "Body by Victoria" at VS. THe problem with VS is they do not have a wide selection of colors. When I want something different, I go with Hanes silk reflections or beyond bare. I find the VS hose to be smooth, silky and durable. I have gotten up to 20 wearings on one pair. Usually it is about 15 wearings before a run occurs.

Jodi

~Bobbie~
10-20-2006, 02:56 PM
I have tried alot of different brands, but i think the best are Leggs, my x-girl friend got some pantyhose once thru the mail, i tried them on when she was out, i cant really say what i felt at that moment, but it was better then heaven, so sily, soft, tight, fit like a glove. But since i have been looking around, buying some of every brand and testing them out, i have come to the result that the best so far, is "Leggs Microfiber Tights". i would be open to hear about some mother brands out there, and see what happens.

Butterfly Bill
10-20-2006, 04:00 PM
This gentleman prefers Hanes. They are durable and soft at the same time. Hue is my favorite opaque.

jennifer ann
10-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I have worn many different brands from mail order silkies to leggs sheer endurance pantyhose. I really perfer leggs as they feel great on my leggs and by the way look good. When they are on sale I will pick up 2 to 4 pair each time so I will always have a couple pairs of hose in my drawer in case I get a run.

Nothing beats a great pair of legs!!!

Katelyn
10-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I like Leggs Brand. I baught a new product from leggs called of bare leggs which felt great, but I can't seem to find them anymore.

AlysonCD
10-20-2006, 06:27 PM
hello, have you tried silkies? there long wearing and feel good. I wear them in the cold months there black hose seem to be heavier then others and they have good sales. I receive mine by mail, i order them and there here in a couple days. One draw back you can only buy one style and color at a time. good luck.

I've never had this problem. The maximum you can buy on one order is 12 pairs, but you can mix and match them to any size/style/color you want. I order 7 pairs at a time in different styles and colors with no problem.

Stacy GG
10-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I like no nonsense the best, I even bought some for elly :). I'd have to say they usually last the longest, ( my mom used to always buy me Leggs) so I'd say no nonsense is the best.:D

Shannon CD
10-20-2006, 11:05 PM
McLegs,

Have you ever ordered your pantyhose through one hanes place? That's where I get mine. I usually order Legg's Sheer Energy. They come in 4 packs. I get regular sheer to waist for $12.49 per 4 pack. They have other styles as well including Hanes Silk Reflection.

Their web address is onehanesplace.com

Hope this helps,
Shannon

Brianne_bc
10-20-2006, 11:15 PM
my fave brand of really nice pantyhose is Oroblu...... hands down feels the nicest and you know.. lasts a long time too.... build to take it..... one would hope so at 23 dollars apair....

Nancie64
10-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Just returned from the land of Las Vegas a couple of days ago and finally got back on line. Nice posting. I am a little partial to Hanes also. I usually order on line and subscribe to their e-mails so I get the deals. Good choice of colors in the stockings, the stay-ups and some nice fancypantyhouse for special occasions. And a nice feel from most.:thumbsup:

Stephenie S
10-20-2006, 11:21 PM
I can't remember when I last owned a pair of pantyhose. I like the feel of bare legs. Winter I wear pants. I hate winter.

Lovies,
Steph

Jennifer_Ph
10-23-2006, 08:41 AM
I find http://www.comfilon.com hose to last the longest. They are fit to the male body and therefore feel better and last longer.

tammysuetv
10-23-2006, 09:03 AM
I use silkies (formerly HCA) I love the home delivery. I do have a supply on hand though..wow.

cateK
10-24-2006, 11:29 AM
for most daily wear I wear just my size lasting sheer and on occassion I love hanes silk reflections

ellieparsons
11-03-2006, 08:31 PM
i prefer leggs pantyhose

Joanna Renee'
11-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I wear either just my size control top or hane's silk reflections, they both make my legs look good. when it comes to stockings i wear berkshire.

GirlyKim
11-04-2006, 01:14 AM
I get Jockey brand tights and nylons. I buy it at The Bay here in canada. The usually go on sale every other weekend.

Don't go a day without 'em!

Melinda G
11-04-2006, 01:44 AM
I like No Nonsense, Sheer To The Waist. I pick up a four pak, when I see them on sale. For 1.25, I throw them out when they run. That's less then the cost of a beer. The seem to feel best the first time you wear them. Later, they seem to stretch a little, and feel loose.

cathie
11-06-2006, 11:49 AM
I went a little crazy a few years back and bought thousands of different brands on eBay. From Legg's to Wolfords to Pretty Polly. Legg's are great if you wear them daily. Pretty Polly have a great shine and feel but Wolford's are devine. So soft and sheer. Just beautiful on the leg

DarLynn
11-07-2006, 05:15 AM
my favorite brand are hue brand. i get them at bon ton.

DonnaT
11-07-2006, 08:31 AM
No Nonsense. They certainly last a while, and are about the only ones I can find that fit. I take the size D.

Christine Kelly
11-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I guess I'm the only girl here who likes the expensive stuff.

Calvin Klein Infinite Sheer for this girl!
7 demier!
So sheer, its like wearing nothing!

Jennifer_Ph
11-07-2006, 01:26 PM
I like the products from http://www.comfilon.com They are durable, mostly because they actually fit, but also because they are made from great materials. They are so soft and silky!

cathie
11-07-2006, 02:12 PM
I guess I'm the only girl here who likes the expensive stuff.

Calvin Klein Infinite Sheer for this girl!
7 demier!
So sheer, its like wearing nothing!

Obviously you have not purchased a pair of Wolford's. Avg cost is around $30-$40 a pair. Easy to find on eBay. Much better than CK's although they are very nice too.

Leslie Foxx
11-07-2006, 05:51 PM
When they're on sale, I buy the house brand at the Bug. I like the feel and the opacity is just right for me. A couple times a year the Bug mails out a "$10 off anything" coupon. It often coincides with the 1/2 price sale on hose. I came home last night with 6 pair for $8.00. Without the discounts, it would have been $36.00, and they'd still be on their shelves. I AM the discount diva.

kcwrkngmn
11-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Leggs Silken Mist are my favorites. Have the best size and color selections at Walmart.

BarbaraLoveToDress
11-08-2006, 10:36 PM
You really need to wear dancers shiny tights they look and feel great/ Last long and come in so many colors. With a nice tight bodysuit and short skirt and heels ther is nothing like it

J-Girl
11-08-2006, 11:56 PM
No Nonsense are my favorite in both pantyhose and thigh highs. They wear well and more importantly they feel great. I have tried most of their line, control tops, shear to waist, and sheer endurance. I have a tendency to run the silker ones fairly fast.

I agree with Michelle you can feel the fabric of your skirt rubbing against your legs.

Jen

Corinne
11-09-2006, 02:32 AM
My favorite, by far, is No Nonsense Renew! Of course, they discontinued them, but i bought up a bunch before they did! Let's just say, i have a lot of them! LOL!