PDA

View Full Version : Phooey!!

Butterfly Bill
09-25-2006, 05:30 PM
In a Just My Size catalog (they mail them to me now that I have bought something from their website once) I thought I had found the object of what has been a Holy Grail search: a full slip in nylon/poly that has a tank top instead of those @#$%!! spaghetti straps that are always falling off my shoulder.

But today, three weeks after placing the order, I got a postcard saying that "the item named is unavailable from our supplier. Your credit card will not be charged."

Well I'm glad they won't charge my card, but I still want a tank top slip. I have a bunch of old 80s style knit cotton/poly tanktop dresses (which you also can't get new any more) that I use in place of a slip when it is cold enough that I want one, but I would so like to have one in nylon or such. (You all know what I mean...)

Anybody know where I can still find a tank top full (below the knee and then some) slip in a smooth and satiny fabric?

Annaliese
09-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Anybody know where I can still find a tank top full (below the knee and then some) slip in a smooth and satiny fabric?

I seen some in Wal-mart not to long ago.

Janelle Young
09-25-2006, 05:58 PM
You could always go to a seamstress and have one custom made for you.

DAVIDA
09-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Go to ShopNational.com . I just looked and they have what you are looking for!

EricaCD
09-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Hi Bill. Sorry to hear about that. I hate getting those little cards.

I know what you describe - though it's not the kind of thing I look to find. If I encounter one I will be sure to let you know where. In the meantime, good luck with the quest and I hope one of the other girls here has a quicker solution for you!

Best,
Erica

Butterfly Bill
09-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Go to ShopNational.com . I just looked and they have what you are looking for!

I did, and they did, and I ordered two of them. Now I just have to worry if they're gonna fit.

Thanks

DAVIDA
09-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Google is a wonderful thing. So glad I could help!

Charleen
09-27-2006, 08:47 PM
If they don't fit, the answer to keeping thin straps is the old standby-super glue! Getting them off is another story, and not appropriate for this forum.
:bonk: Love and xxxx, Lily

GG Vanya
09-27-2006, 10:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-cotton-lace-Full-Slip-Small-Lady-or-teenager_W0QQitemZ150039531844QQihZ005QQcategoryZ5 5564QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have this "thing" about vintage slips. I was on ebay, saw this one, and thought of you. Is this the style you mean?

Billijo49504
09-27-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm glad you can get what you want. But, I wish when we see something advertised, we could buy that item...Is that too much to ask????BJ

Ellaine
09-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi Bill I deal with this company.......

http://www.box94.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

They offer styles with your own specified length. choice of straps and will modify to your spec. They are wonderful!!!

Butterfly Bill
09-28-2006, 08:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-cotton-lace-Full-Slip-Small-Lady-or-teenager_W0QQitemZ150039531844QQihZ005QQcategoryZ5 5564QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have this "thing" about vintage slips. I was on ebay, saw this one, and thought of you. Is this the style you mean?

Not quite, but that style would be nice if it were in nylon or poly. (And in a size bigger than 12).

Butterfly Bill
09-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm glad you can get what you want. But, I wish when we see something advertised, we could buy that item...Is that too much to ask????BJ

I really should have seen it coming when I looked in a catalog about a month newer and it wasn't in it. I thought maybe they might still have some in the warehouse (especially when they let you type in a code number for a certain printed catalog on their website, and respond with a webpage where you can ask for a certain page number in that catalog).

Butterfly Bill
09-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi Bill I deal with this company.......

http://www.box94.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

They offer styles with your own specified length. choice of straps and will modify to your spec. They are wonderful!!!

Unfortunatly my credit card is designed for me to spend dollars, and spending pounds is a bit more complicated, not to mention the cost of sending it across the ocean. But thank you anyway.