PDA

View Full Version : Almost Caught!

sissystephanie
09-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Sunday I spent the entire morning dresses enfemme, complete with a gold choker holding an attached pendent. I ran some errands and did some shopping, man in girl clothes. No problems then. My daughter had invited me to her apartment to watch football with her, a friend of hers, and my 2 grandsons (both grown). Of course I changed clothes before going over to her place. However, it wasn't until I went to the bathroom in the middle of the first game that I realized I still had the choker on. It was so light I didn't even notice it. I took it off and stuck it in my pocket. No one had said anything. However, today (Monday) while talking to my daughter on the phone she casually said; "I noticed you were wearing one of Mom's necklaces yesterday!" Thinking fast, I replied that I was wondering if anybody had noticed! I said I found it when I was looking for a watch my daughter had asked me to bring and decided to see if anybody would notice I was wearing it. Apparently she was the only one. Now should I tell her I am a CD, or let well enough alone? I am not at all sure how she would take it, so my feeling is to not tell her, or my son. Idea's?

More Girl than man

Holly
09-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Stephanie, you know your own situation best and in most cases it is wise to follow your instincts. BUT hiding your feelings from those you love takes it's toll over time. If there is any way you could confide in your daughter, it could be very liberating for you and actually draw the two of you together. That's what happened to me, at least (click here for story) (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11841). I certainly cannot guarantee you will get the same results as I did. But one of the things I learned was this; at some point we have to trust that the values we taught our kids took root in them and is a part of their lives. I will be the first to admit that I had doubts how my daughter would take the news. And had not the circumstances come about that forced the issue, I may still be cowering in the closet. Please give it some serious consideration. The day I told my daughter, we connected on a level we never had before. I have no regrets to this day.