PDA

View Full Version : First therapy session

Marie_Lansing
09-26-2006, 07:05 AM
After my last posting and all the support and advice I received I got up the nerve to find a therapist. I have to travel up just outside of Baltimore, but I think it will be worth the trip. Oh, in case some of you have no idea what I am talking about the original posting is:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40331

I have only had one session but I really like the therapist. She seems to understand the transgendered and especially crossdressers. That was very important to me. Without going into the whole first session, she said what some of you had said in reply to my other thread, and that is that I should first figure out and decide what is going on with my wife and our separation/marriage. So that is what I am now going to do, with her help. Because there is more than simple dressing involved it will take some time and I will be back here to give updates.

Again, thanks for all your support.

swiss_susan
09-26-2006, 07:52 AM
hope all continues to go well

Angie G
09-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Hi marie good luck on your sessions hope you get the help your looking for :hugs:
Angie

tifftg
09-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Marie, I am so happy you have taken this step. We are all so complex in our lives. Rarely is it just the dressing that impacts our lives and a talented therapist will help you seperate and deal with your various issues. Best wishes as you take this journey.

Hugs,

tiffany

Stephenie S
09-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Dear Marie,

This is a very good first step. I agree that figuring out your marriage is important. Without that it would be difficult to say what direction you are going in.

My therapy sessions were absolutely invaluable on my jouney. I cannot imagine where I would be without them. A good therapist is worth every penny and every mile driven.

I lived in B'more for many years. I miss it but my wife does not so it's unlikely we will be moving back any time soon. We still have a son in Annapolis so we do get down there every once in a while. I miss Hallowe'en at Fells Point and the Sip 'n Bite.

Good for you, girl.
Stephenie

Annaliese
09-26-2006, 01:51 PM
That is great to hear.

Anna

Sweet Marie
09-26-2006, 03:52 PM
I went to a therapist at the VA. First thing I told him was I was a CD.
His reply was "OK, now, let's get to what really matters, your bi-polar dis-order and why you wake up thinking you're still in Viet Nam". Everything is relative and I applaud all who seek help. Most people don't.

BTW, I lived in Baltimore a few years also.

Marie