PDA

View Full Version : Vanity

DonnaT
09-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Vanity, thy name is . . .

Just a little something I've felt recently.

I'll go home in the evenings and occasionally slip into a short skirt (jersey skirt) to relax in instead of a pair of shorts, which are just as comfortable.

Why, besides the CDing aspect?

I like the way my legs look in a short skirt. Then I think, well they should look the same in a pair of shorts, but they don't. They look, to me, completely different. Much better in a skirt, IMHO.

KarenSusan
09-26-2006, 11:25 AM
I know what you mean, Donna, I feel the same way. Also with a skirt you can wear a slip and I love seeing a touch of lace under my skirt.

EricaCD
09-26-2006, 11:48 AM
I'd guess most cds feel the same way. This is probably psychobabble nonsense, but in my case I think it has something to do with conditioning and expectations. Throughout our lives, when we observe a pair of legs in a pair of shorts, we need to take clues from the context to determine the gender of the wearer. (Color, cut and fabric of the shorts, presence or absence of hair on the legs, shape of legs, etc.) In other words, we are forced to do a "read". By contrast, if we see a pair of legs in a skirt, we are conditioned to assume that the legs are female. And so we are less likely to engage in second-guessing.

Proof? Well, I think my legs look objectively "nicer" in a skirt, even compared to shorts of similar color and length. In fact it is only very recently that I have been willing to post any pictures of me in shorts - for that very reason.I could not tell you why - it's not like my legs change. And on GGs I like both shorts and skirts about equally, so I don't think it's just preference of the clothing that makes the difference.

Curious as to whether others feel the same way.

Joy Carter
09-26-2006, 12:20 PM
I'd guess most cds feel the same way. This is probably psychobabble nonsense, but in my case I think it has something to do with conditioning and expectations. Throughout our lives, when we observe a pair of legs in a pair of shorts, we need to take clues from the context to determine the gender of the wearer. (Color, cut and fabric of the shorts, presence or absence of hair on the legs, shape of legs, etc.) In other words, we are forced to do a "read". By contrast, if we see a pair of legs in a skirt, we are conditioned to assume that the legs are female. And so we are less likely to engage in second-guessing.

Proof? Well, I think my legs look objectively "nicer" in a skirt, even compared to shorts of similar color and length. In fact it is only very recently that I have been willing to post any pictures of me in shorts - for that very reason.I could not tell you why - it's not like my legs change. And on GGs I like both shorts and skirts about equally, so I don't think it's just preference of the clothing that makes the difference.

Curious as to whether others feel the same way.

Oh I forgot to tell you that your best two pics are in shorts Hun. !:D

Charleen
09-26-2006, 03:09 PM
"Vanity, my favorite sin!" "The Devil's Advocate"
How's this? When my legs are just shaved, I love the looks no matter what I'm wearing! Love and xxxx, Lily

Julie York
09-26-2006, 05:30 PM
You're forgiven. You haven't posted a hundred photos of yourself. :D ...in one day, asking for praise.
:thumbsup:

That should create some paranoia.:eek:

Kate Simmons
09-26-2006, 06:15 PM
All part of the illusion girls and we are great illusionists.:happy: Ericka Kay

carol ann
09-26-2006, 07:01 PM
In reality - I know that I look much better as a male than when I dress as a female , however much time and effort I put into it.

Consequently, If I was completley rational I would abandon my wardrobe. I wonder why I can't?

Deanna2
09-27-2006, 03:58 AM
I'd say there's no vanity involved.

They say if you feel good, you look good. I would always prefer a skirt (short or long) instead of shorts or trousers. Actually if you look closely at GG's (as I have for many years) you'll find that they generally look better in a skirt than shorts. In fact I cannot see anything attractive in the recent fashion of women wearing shorts.

Fionax
09-27-2006, 05:05 AM
I'd say there's no vanity involved.

They say if you feel good, you look good. I would always prefer a skirt (short or long) instead of shorts or trousers. Actually if you look closely at GG's (as I have for many years) you'll find that they generally look better in a skirt than shorts. In fact I cannot see anything attractive in the recent fashion of women wearing shorts.

Ogden Nash agreed with you years ago in a poem about wearers of shorts which I can't rember fully except

...............my darling my sweeting
you should see yourself retreating!

Fi

Lawren
09-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Why, besides the CDing aspect?

I like the way my legs look in a short skirt. Then I think, well they should look the same in a pair of shorts, but they don't. They look, to me, completely different. Much better in a skirt, IMHO.

I feel the same way. I even notice a difference when I wear p-hose/stockungs with shorts as opposed to a skirt. I like the look of the skirt much better. It just seems more feminine to me.