PDA

View Full Version : Practice...practice..practice..practice.....makes pretty!!

Karren H
09-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Had nothing important to do at lunch to so took my makeup kit, wig and jewelry into my favorite stall in the men's room...for some needed practice! Haven't dressed since the begining of August and I'm starting to get that itch!! And was worring that I may have forgoten how and I had bought some new makeup that I wanted to experiment with.

Firstly it was quiet in the mens room but a bunch of marketers came in as I was putting on my foundation so I sat there quietly till they left.. I don't hear so go but I suspect that rumaging around in a kit full of makeup is quite loud and has a distinctive sound that is not usually heard in a mens wash room!! Lol

After they left I resumed with eyeliner and mascara...have the new L'oreal Double Extent two part mascara.. The first coat is a whiteish product that extends the lashes and the second coat is the black mascara that colors the lashes... It went on nicely but had a problem with lashes clumping together!! Need more practice. Hehe

Finished a complete makeup job in about 15 minutes, combed out my auburn wig and put on my new earrings.. Spend about 5 minutes puttsing with my hair and then got out the trusty (sometimes) Sony digital camera and took a couple dozen portrait photos so I can see how I was doing.. Looked pretty good but on a 2.5 inch lcd screen everything looks good. Lol. Got all cleaned up and put everything away and was back to my office before 1 pm!!

So will upload a pic maybe tonight... I really need to practice more often, 2 to 3 times a week would be optimal!!

So how often do you practice your makeup? And where do you practice? Any strange places?

Love Karren

Nikki Dee
09-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Well it certainly ain't at work Karen.!!!...though it would be ideal in that I work in a performing arts centre...with theatre type dressing rooms to die for...you know, the mirrors surrounded by lights.!!!!!..But I'm not "out" at work so can't use them...sad.!!!!...I dress virtually every day so I guess I get lots of practice...and I do my wifes make-up sometimes too..it all helps.!!
Nikki. x

SherriePall
09-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Karren -- when I was working, I put on makeup every morning after my wife got up and before I went to work. Now, my practice time is somewhat curtailed. See, working does have its benefits!

Emeralddragon
09-26-2006, 03:05 PM
I dont really tend to practice it too often. I do a bit every now and again. Dunno seems like i can put it on easy enough and natural looking enough as long as i dont try the whole ***** style of things but when its time for that then my GF helps.... and usually doesnt poke me in the eye but accidents happen. Black spots on your eyeballs are weird.

Charleen
09-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Carnagie Hall? Some ask how to get to Carnagie Hall?

Karren H
09-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Carnagie Hall? Some ask how to get to Carnagie Hall?

I'll bite??

Karren H
09-26-2006, 03:56 PM
A few pics from lunch.....tried to do that Diedra Cowehen (spelling??) thingy with the lips but failed misserably...lol

Love Karren

Charleen
09-26-2006, 04:03 PM
I'll bite??

It's the ancient joke darling. A guy is walking down a Manhattan street, and asks a New Yorker how to get to Carnagie Hall. The N.Y.er looks at him and says, "Practice, man, Practice!" Love and xxxx, Lily

shawnaraylynn
09-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Karen, girl you got guts. I only wish i could have the nerve to pull that off,(lunch time dressing)That is a major cous in anybodys book. Thanks for being an inspiriation to all of us!!:yrtw: :be:

Karren H
09-26-2006, 04:09 PM
It's the ancient joke darling. A guy is walking down a Manhattan street, and asks a New Yorker how to get to Carnagie Hall. The N.Y.er looks at him and says, "Practice, man, Practice!" Love and xxxx, Lily

Ahhhhhhh. Went right over the engineers head. Lol

Love Karren

Karren H
09-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Karen, girl you got guts. I only wish i could have the nerve to pull that off,(lunch time dressing)That is a major cous in anybodys book. Thanks for being an inspiriation to all of us!!:yrtw: :be:

Thanks. Your too sweet but its really a simple scheduling exersize and finding the right location where you won't be interupted... I can name a half dozen withing 5 minutes of the office..

Love Karren

Kathleengurl
09-26-2006, 04:19 PM
...was because an understanding GG friend of mine spotted some eyeliner still on me when i was at work.. in drab.

putting on eyeliner just to take it off in a few minutes... gurl... you have more gumption than i can describe in a dozen cliches.

you go girl!

Karren H
09-26-2006, 04:27 PM
...was because an understanding GG friend of mine spotted some eyeliner still on me when i was at work.. in drab.

putting on eyeliner just to take it off in a few minutes... gurl... you have more gumption than i can describe in a dozen cliches.

you go girl!

I clean up well. Lol. And after years in the coalmines maybe no one notices a little black around the eyes here. Hehehe

My big test is when I get home...for some reason the wife can tell when I've been playing in makeup... And has made a few comments!!

Love Karren

Melinda G
09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
"In the mens room at work". Hmmmm. My old girlfriend used to say,"You don't crap where you eat". Definately pushing the envelope.

Marla
09-26-2006, 04:55 PM
I just got completely dressed as Marla(make up and all) in 30 min. but Im not photo quality. That takes at least 2 hrs. I still feel good though and I love being Marla! How did you change back in a lunch hour! Wow youre good! and also very brave. Love ya Marla

Karren H
09-26-2006, 05:11 PM
"In the mens room at work". Hmmmm. My old girlfriend used to say,"You don't crap where you eat". Definately pushing the envelope.

So your GG friend never used her bathroom to put on makeup? BTW they taught us in college not to pee on our hands. Hehehe

Love Karren

I just got completely dressed as Marla(make up and all) in 30 min. but Im not photo quality. That takes at least 2 hrs. I still feel good though and I love being Marla! How did you change back in a lunch hour! Wow youre good! and also very brave. Love ya Marla

My makeup isn't photo quality either, Marla. But I take photos any way. Lol. And most GGs makeup is not portrate quality either... Naturalish. Hehe

Love Karren

Sherlyn
09-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I sometimes touch up on the fly ie service center bathroom ..but never have done my make up in odd places ... lol....I never practice ...just paint 'n' go..:)

steffie39
09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Karen,

You look very pretty but considering you did this in like 15 min makes it all the more remarkable.
Eyeliner is especially hard to get off. My wife is the one person in the world that can see the slightest hint of eyeliner from 10 miles away!

Steffie

nicolecdgal
09-26-2006, 05:53 PM
My wife can always tell when I've put eyeliner or mascara on. I try and try and try till I'm convinced I can't see it anymore...I look in 5 different mirrors and lighting conditions as well...I can never see it. Then when she gets home...it takes her about 2 seconds to briefly look at me and say "did you put on mascara today"!!!! There's no way for me to tell and yet she can see it everytime! So, I've stopped wearing eyeliner and mascara...my two favorite makeup items.

Noel Chimes
09-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Appreciate the pics. Good job in a rush. As far as practice, with me it is every weekend. I can take my time to get my look right. And it has paid off.

Stephenie S
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Gee whiz, Rachel, can't you just answer, "yes"?

Kate Simmons
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Don't need to practice Karr, I'm naturally beautiful, doncha know? I usually play around on weekends or early in the morning (about 4 AM) when I take my pics. Usually have a plan in mind but most aren't printable (or postable). Getting practice doing the nude or near to nude look(!!!) and that takes lotsa makeup, believe me. Don't know what I'll do when I stop working this year, won't be quite as exciting.:happy: Ericka Kay

Carlacd
09-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Karen, your pics are always beautiful. But me thinks you are wanting to get caught. You must have coconuts:D .

Karren H
09-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Karen,

You look very pretty but considering you did this in like 15 min makes it all the more remarkable.
Eyeliner is especially hard to get off. My wife is the one person in the world that can see the slightest hint of eyeliner from 10 miles away!

Steffie

I use the liquid Maybeline eye express....not water proof so washes off completely with soap and water. If I do both my top lid and my bottom (the bottom between the lashes and the eye) then I do get black residue in my eye that will bleed out of the corner over a period of a few hours... But for quick changes back and forth I only line the top lid..

Love Karren

DAVIDA
09-26-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't use makeup alot. It takes me to long. But I think I will be doing more of it!
Karren,how is that congestive bowell syndrom doing ? Girl, you are nuts and I love you for being so!
:love:

Karren H
09-26-2006, 08:45 PM
I don't use makeup alot. It takes me to long. But I think I will be doing more of it!
Karren,how is that congestive bowell syndrom doing ? Girl, you are nuts and I love you for being so!
:love:

Nuts is a good description!! lol Ohhhh Forgot to show a pic with the new antique earrings I got last week....

Love Karren

Patty
09-26-2006, 09:26 PM
You are a work of art Karen-I just love what you do. Your new ear earrings and the pic's are great.

Penny
09-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to powderroom!

Andrea Elva
09-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Thats living dangerous....LOL Well Karen you are fast, it takes me arounf 30 to 40 mins to paint my face.
I did this sort of thing a few years back when I was doing a lot of ne installation works around the region where I live but that was in my hotel room all by my self and I did not go out dressed at all. Only did it a few times as we were rather busy and all played out at the end of the day. I was Tellecommunications and was a technician with the companys New works team. Enjoyed that work.]

Well done Karen and those earings are fab.

plastiqgirl
09-27-2006, 01:16 AM
I think the only reason I go so fast is because I wear makeup every day and I can basically THROW it on. lol you look maervelous and to have done it so fast, with a little mirror in a bathroom stall?! Now that takes gusto.

JoanneCDSydney
09-27-2006, 04:54 AM
A few pics from lunch.....tried to do that Diedra Cowehen (spelling??) thingy with the lips but failed misserably...lol

Love Karren
looking good gf!!

Robin Leigh
09-27-2006, 09:05 AM
to have done it so fast, with a little mirror in a bathroom stall?! Now that takes gusto.

No, I believe Karren is using a unisex/handicapped stall. They generally have plenty of space & a big mirror. Still, her speed is very inspiring.

Apart from playing with lipstick before bedtime, I haven't actually "practiced" applying makeup since I was a kid. Normally, I fully dress maybe two or three times a month, but recently I've been dressing twice a week & I've noticed my makeup does look better from doing it more regularly.

Robin

PS. Your avatar pic is impressive, plastiqgirl!

Karren H
09-27-2006, 10:11 AM
No, I believe Karren is using a unisex/handicapped stall. They generally have plenty of space & a big mirror. Still, her speed is very inspiring.

Apart from playing with lipstick before bedtime, I haven't actually "practiced" applying makeup since I was a kid. Normally, I fully dress maybe two or three times a month, but recently I've been dressing twice a week & I've noticed my makeup does look better from doing it more regularly.

Robin

It's a handicap stall in the mens room but partishioned off with a door and a large mirror, sking and toilet.... But practice really does help, Robin.. And I plan on more practice today.....taking a half day off, changing in a restroom at a nearby park and then going out enfemme for the afternoon.. Have to be home and pickup the son by 6 so can't stray too far away... But plenty of places to go and may get in some shopping...

May go downtown and get some pics overlooking the city if I have time!! :)

Love Karren

sue ellan
09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
way to go karren. you got what it takes. just be carefull. you are the girl.:love: you for what you do.
sue ellan

KarenXDR
09-27-2006, 10:36 AM
I agree with Carla - I think you want to be caught. You certainly must get a high doing what you do!!

Lady, you've got courage...and lovely Pics!!

Lipstick kisses

Karen

Robin Leigh
09-27-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm sure you'll have fun with your afternoon off, Karren. :hugs:

Of all the facets of makeup, I get the most practice doing my lips, but still I'm rarely totally happy with what I achieve. Oh well, I might go & put some on now, something to match my nightie. :)

I saw a girl applying that new two part mascara you mentioned earlier, a few weeks ago. There's always at least one girl doing (or at least finishing) her makeup on the morning bus, and this one was sitting right in front of me. :happy: Applying any makeup, but especially mascara, in a crowded moving bus must take a lot of skill!

Robin

Deidra Cowen
09-27-2006, 09:10 PM

Love Karren

Yeah but you got that million dollar smile I would like to have. Incredible how good you can look just getting fixed up in the boys room in a stall of all places. Your wacky and wild adventures are so fun to read about and of course you just totally come across as a huge personality that just happens to be very pretty too.

Karren H
09-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah but you got that million dollar smile I would like to have. Incredible how good you can look just getting fixed up in the boys room in a stall of all places. Your wacky and wild adventures are so fun to read about and of course you just totally come across as a huge personality that just happens to be very pretty too.

Awwww. Your too sweet, Deidra.. And sorry I mispelled your name.....engineer thingy and its a pain in the *#!*$* to go look stuff up on my Blackberry. Lol. Or I'm just lazy...pick one!

Love Karren

Emily Ann Brown
09-28-2006, 01:40 PM
You're just lazy sis (I know you too well.). And my bra's off to ya.....I dressed all night Monday then came in to work after a quick cleanup ....oopsies, still had visible mascara on when I passed the mirror behind the receptionist !!!

You must not love me anymore, you never call me.

Emily Ann