PDA

View Full Version : An Amazing Day!!

fionablack
09-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Just had to tell you all about the most perfect day I have just had.

Recently I have found myself thinking about Wedding and Bridesmaids dresses alot. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to find some way to try some on.

To cut a long story short, late last week I found the number of a wedding dress shop that I have noticed many times and I called them up. I explained that I am a CD and asked if they would be receptive to me coming in to try on some dresses.

To my utter surprise the lady on the end of the phone said yes, so I made an appointment to go in at 11.00am today. I was so excited waiting the few days for the appointment to arrive and when I woke up this morning I could barely contain myself.

Anyway, the time came, and off I went. Well, it was everything I imagined and more. They treated me like a real lady (and by the way, I went in drab - apart from my panties of course!). They did not take any other appointments at the same time and even closed the shop for me. I felt so special.

As for the dresses, I lost count of how many I tried on. I spent two hours in there trying on dress after dress after dress. It felt sooooo nice. Two hours covering myself in gorgeous satin, chiffon, and tafetta dresses in lovely whites, creams, ivorys, and baby pinks and so many more. It really was a dream come true.

I had never tried on a Wedding dress before today and, girl does it feel good. I would recommend it to anyone. I still can't quite believe it was real.

What a fantastic day!! I shall never forget it, and I might just do it all again sometime as the store owner said I would be welcome back any time!!

SherriePall
09-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Fiona -- Congratulations! Did you buy one? And, if so, where are the pics?

fionablack
09-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Have not bought one yet, but I plan to just as soon as I have made the agonizing decision as to which one.

No pics im afraid. Didn't really want pics as I had no wig or make up on. When I go back I will probably go en femme as the store owner said that would be fine. What a lovely lady she is!!

fionasboots
09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
I felt compelled to reply to your thread simply so I could talk to another Fiona, there's not many of us around :heehee:

Well, I think that was so brave of you to actually go along in drab :cheer:

I wonder what the attraction of wedding dresses is? I've seen some other people talk about wearing them. I suppose it's similar to me wanting to find a ball-gown or something like that ... bet it would be fantastic to have the whole make-up, hair, underwear and dress experience!

fionablack
09-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks Fiona. It is good to have a namesake!!

I have no idea why the recent interest in wedding dresses. I mean, when I crossdress normally I have very specific habits that I don't really vary from. I tend to always wear knee length pencil skirts with a nice blouse and a pair of three inch heels. I have alot of clothes, but they are pretty much variations of the same outfit. Routine, comfort and familiarity I guess.

But the wedding dresses have just been calling to me lately. Every girl dreams of a dress like that I suppose and I guess I am no different. I just wanted to know what it felt like and I can tell you it did not disappoint!! I am so glad I have had the experience, even if only once.

Diane CHILDS
09-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I've been away with the fairies today myself.

The wings they dressed me in were made of tulle and felt lovely.

Excuse me now.....I'm just popping out for a quick flight.

Love Di xxx

Kate Simmons
09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
I've been away with the fairies today myself.

The wings they dressed me in were made of tulle and felt lovely.

Excuse me now.....I'm just popping out for a quick flight.

Love Di xxxAnybody I know, Diane? Ericka

CDLauraNJ
09-26-2006, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=fionablack;576068] I mean, when I crossdress normally I have very specific habits that I don't really vary from. I tend to always wear knee length pencil skirts with a nice blouse and a pair of three inch heels.

Me too. That's the look I seem to enjoy the most.

Robin Leigh
09-27-2006, 10:23 AM
I literally live across the road from a wedding dress shop. I love the atmosphere of the place when a fitting is happening, and it's fun to walk past on an evening stroll en femme, even though it's closed.

As mentioned in a recent thread, my mother made my sister's bridesmaid's dresses, and she asked me to try one on while she was still making it to see how it draped. :happy: I later got an opportunity to try on that dress in private after the wedding. :D I also tried on my sister's wedding dress but it was a bit too small & I didn't want to stretch or tear it. :(

I normally CD in much more conservative clothes, and have no desire to own a wedding dress, but it's fun to play with such feminine icons sometimes.

Warning! Scary bit below. Do not read on if you are easily disturbed.

But beware of those wedding dresses, they can hold a lot of Pink Fog. I heard on the news a few years ago about a youngish CD found in a hotel room, madeup perfectly and wearing a wedding dress, dead of no apparent causes. :eek: At least she went out happy...

Robin

Angie G
09-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Fiona you go girl when you get a dress'' ''WE NEED PICS'' nuh :hugs:
angie

JoAnnDallas
09-27-2006, 10:46 AM
My grandneice got married last year. I tried on her wedding dress, but it was too small, but I did try on my sister's GrandMother-of-the-bride dress and it fit me OK. I went the whole route, since I was alone that day. Wig, makeup, heels, and the dress. Stupid me, I didbn't take any pictures. LOL

Gisele
09-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Fiona, Good for you! We need to get out now and then even if no make up and wigs go with us. I'm glad to had a great time but just be sure to buy something from her. Just think of the lost business she might of had just to help you out. So please help her out and it will help all of "us girls" out in the long run.

I hope you have many more good outings to tell us about.

All my best, Beth:happy:

Billijo49504
09-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Yes girl, get the dress and post pictures, please...BJ