PDA

View Full Version : Visit to dermatologist

Sweet Marie
09-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, I went to the dermatologist today. I had a mole on my shoulder that was increasing in size and some skin tags I wanted removed. The Doctor, a female, same age as me, 59, examined me from head to toe. Now my arm pits are shaven as well as my arms and legs and I have both ears pierced. My eyebrows have a noticeable arch as well.

She never said a word about any of this. Froze the mole and snipped the skin tags and told me to use a moisturizer on my face and any area exposed to the sun.

She said the mole didn't look like a problem but would have the lab take a look and get back to me.

The reason I am writing this to ask that none of us should avoid going to the Doctor out of fear of being recognized as a CD. They don't care and have seen it all. Health FIRST.

Marie

Jodi
09-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Marie, I had my bi-annual screening with my dermatologist several weeks ago. My Dr is a male, who also is a friend. He does not know I cd. My legs, arms, armpits, and chest are shaved. He checked me over completely, head to toe. No comments. I must say that I did remove my toenail polish before going, and I wore male underware.

Jodi