PDA

View Full Version : First Time Out/What Restroom ?

Karen Donna
09-26-2006, 08:01 PM
I shall venture out shortly in full female attire. I am troubled however what do I do if I am at the Mall and nature calls, and I must pull up my skirt, and lower my panties, and pantyhose to piddle.If you are not the best looking female in drag there is some apprehension about entering the "Ladies Room". Ladies,have you ever encountered any problems with anybody when using the Ladies room when out socially in full female regala ? Do tell me your stories.
Thank you in advance. Karen Donna.I think I am ready !

KarenSusan
09-26-2006, 08:15 PM
I would use the ladies room and get in and out fast. No fixing makeup in the mirror. BTW make sure you sit down.

You would cause a major sensation if you tried to use the men's room.

joanlynn28
09-26-2006, 08:20 PM
I would try to find a handicap or nongender specific bathroom first, but if one is not avaliable to yes go use the women's room but do be discreet about it.

plastiqgirl
09-26-2006, 08:26 PM
I, personally, pass quite well and cannot be near a reflective surface without fawning over myself and reapplying at least SOMETHING. lol
I would say: use your discretion. If you are not totally confident that you pass 100% then look for a non-gender specific bathroom and if you can't find one, book it in an out of the ladies without a word or sound, make sure you sit down, and use sunglasses, a hat, a hood, or whatever else may be available to hide the fact that you are wearing a wig, if it is noticeable. I wouldn't go in the men's as Alexis if you paid me. best of luck with ur new experience(s)! :)
Lex

Karren H
09-26-2006, 08:47 PM
A family unisex bathroom should be your first choise if available and safer, then if enfemme use the ladies if not too crowded....

Love Karren

claireswife-gg
09-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Cheaper gas stations with outdoor 1 person bathrooms work great, as Claire found out Monday LOL.

Good luck :D

Karren H
09-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Cheaper gas stations with outdoor 1 person bathrooms work great, as Claire found out Monday LOL.

Good luck :D

I sence a story!!!!! Come on!!!!!

hehehe

Love Karren

sandra-leigh
09-26-2006, 09:06 PM
I shall venture out shortly in full female attire. I am troubled however what do I do if I am at the Mall and nature calls, and I must pull up my skirt, and lower my panties, and pantyhose to piddle.

There may be legal constraints.

I'm told that our club once had a police officer come to talk to us, and assured us that crossdressing was fully legal. I'm told that at the time, he recommended using the washroom appropriate for the way you are dressed. However, apparently shortly thereafter he contacted the club and said that could potentially lead to legal problems of an unspecified nature.

The local rule of thumb in the club seems to be to use the women's if one is dressed to pass, but even some of the more established club members are not particularily comfortable with that.

On the legal side, one must keep in mind the upset that occurs if someone puts a camera into a washroom or drills a hole to peak in, even if the viewpoint is only in the common area. Women tend to get quite upset if they feel they are being spied on or peeped at. One can construct scenarios in which you might accidently see a woman's undergarments or perhaps even partly nude (e.g., removed their top to wash out a stain before it sets). If a woman has a reasonable expectation of privacy from males and a male who is there deliberately sees her, then the situation can become volatile and could result in charges. And if it were established (through lack of solid refutation if nothing else) that one "disguised oneself in order to enter the women's washroom where one would not otherwise be permitted to go", then the legal result could -potentially- be that one ended up as a "registered sex offender". :(

A lot would depend upon circumstance and personalities and whether the person who noticed had had a bad day...

The standard recommendation to be safe on the legal side is not to use a shared women's washroom unless you have a paper signed by your doctor stating that you are undergoing 'transition' (the one or two years required to live as a woman before most places would accept you for SRS surgery.)

Rachel Morley
09-26-2006, 09:30 PM
I always make sure "I'm on empty" before I leave home. If by some miracle I've been shopping for so long that I need to go or get caught short (it's happened once) then I do go to the ladies rest room, but I do agree with what Karren said, going to the unisex or family rest room is best. If you have to go into the women's rest room, do what you have to do and get out of there as quickly as possible. If you are in a stall and someone walks in, try to time your exit so that you don't have to meet anyone and definately don't stop to re-apply your makeup!

I'm not an expert, but I'm sure that crossdressing is not illegal, but knowingly frequenting the bathroon of the opposite sex?.....well I'm not sure about the legality of that. Can anyone verify?

renee k
09-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi Karen Donna,

I agree with all the other girls on this one. Use the restroom for the gender your presenting in. Just go in SIT DOWN, take care of business, wash hands and leave. No big deal!

Huggs, Renee

KELLYANN
09-26-2006, 10:04 PM
YES, i agree with RENNE, IN FEMME MODE, GO DO YOUR BUSINESS REMEMBER, FEET FACE OUT!! NO EYE CONCACT, GET IN GET OUT!

Glenda58
09-26-2006, 11:07 PM
To better your odds of not getting caught. Don't use restrooms in the mall but find the ones in the major stroes like Macy's, J C Penny or Sears. Fewer people use them because in are out of the way maybe one or two women. So when shopping find them and remember where they are for use. Also GET IN AND GET OUT QUICK THEN WALK AWAY DON'T LOOK AT ANYTHING GO TO A NEW STORE.

Sejd
09-26-2006, 11:13 PM
First time I went "out" It was at Macy's and I went to the Ladies room because I was a "Lady" like in The Brittish TV sitcom "We're Brittish" and the crossdresser says "We're all ladies." But it wasn't strange at all. Just walk in, sit down and do your business. I doubt no one would protest. Well, I haven't seen you femme look, so you go ahead and make your own call.
good luck
hugs
Sejd

krisybryant
09-26-2006, 11:31 PM
If you're caught you can always fall back on the (all be it lame) excuse, "I must live as a women for 1 year before my surgery." Then smile politely to the officer. :love:

Just some personal experience the ladies room here at Dillards has a constant flow of traffic in/out so I don't know about department stores being more quiet; they are on the ends of the mall farthest away from the mall restrooms so they get used a lot.

Sarah-Louise Price
09-26-2006, 11:34 PM
i would use the ladies too but what happens if you caught ???

Gisele
09-27-2006, 12:00 AM
If you look like a lady use the ladys room or a unisex room. You wont catch me in a mens room wearing a skirt.

megan163
09-27-2006, 12:32 AM
If you gotta go, go to the restroom that matches your outward persona. I've used the ladies room several times when crossdressed and never had issues. Only times I've gotten nervous is as I was sitting in a stall, I'd hear a mom with her daughter. In that case, I waited until they left so as not to make anyone else uncomfortable.

Kate Simmons
09-27-2006, 07:07 AM
First choice: Unisex. Second choice: Ladies room. Third choice (when all else fails): Outside behind a tree. P.S. Make sure it's dark out! Ericka Kay

jessica123cd
09-27-2006, 11:03 AM
unisex, males or outside:happy: ........i don't think you should use the ladies room. I think that should be reserved for GG's.

fionasboots
09-27-2006, 02:21 PM
I think I'd probably go with Angel's approach - go before leaving the house and don't drink anything while out!

Surely though you really could *not* use the mens toilets while dressed as you're guarenteed to attract unwanted attention.

Really, does anyone know if it is actually illegal to use the 'wrong' toilets?

Would it be worse for a GG or even FtM CD to wander into the mens? I mean, at least in the ladies the privacy-while-peeing is assured whereas things are a little more, erm, exposed with the primitive wall-of-wee or the only slightly more advanced urinals :heehee:

On a slightly related note I discovered this week that tights are a pain in the neck in the toilet depertment (was wearing g-string and black opaque tights to work under drab) have made a mental note to wear hold-ups or stocking in future!

wifeofsissy GG
09-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Now if you go to a TS/CD club, than you are in that "surrounding" use whatever you want THAN.

I think either way you will be getting attention........isn't that what you want? CD in a woman's bathroom!!! CD in a man's bathroom!! Either way, you'll get looked at!!

The way I look at it, if you are in a public place,look in between your legs:confused2: , if you are a girl,go to the woman's washroom, and if you're a guy..use the man's washroom. :2c: regardless if you are dress or not. Man's washroom have "private toilets" too.

Sam-antha
09-27-2006, 03:21 PM
There may even be a toilet room for those who are not fully mobile. Use that if you must, the excuse, if challenged on coming out (which is not likely), that yuo "had to go". Which was true.
As for the mens' place, well there is the space between the outer door and the private cubicles to cross.
What is the correct spelling of the place of the men : men's place or mens' place ?

Jillian310
09-27-2006, 03:35 PM
When a CD girlfriend, Vinca DaVine, and I, were waiting for the gay pride parade to start, we dined in the elegant William Penn Hotel Terrace Dining Room. On the way out we stopped in the women's rest room to uload the coffee we had with breakfast. It is a largish facility, and there were 4 or 5 GGs in there at the mirrors and coming and going. We just went straight to the stalls, did the sit down pee pee, then washed and left. There continued to be a changing cast of characters in the room as we exited. No one seemed to pay attention. I was wearing a huge white straw hat and my Paris Hilton pink sunglasses. I do not know if that was in any way a 'disguise' that fooled anyone. (We both touched up our makeup at the dining room table before traipsing into the loo.)

On the other hand, I am informed that at Pittsburgh Steeler Football games at the former stdium, and presumably the current one, the GG's storm into the male restroom at half-time because of the long lines at the women's room. While the guys use the urnals, the GG's head past them ito the stalls. Everyone keeps eyes front ~ yeah, I'll bet ~ do their business, then get more beer and back to the game. This has not yet occurred in my presence at the concert hall or stage play theater, and I have seen some really pained looks on some GGs who were waiting in the endless lines to get to the potties.

A court has ruled that female reporters are permitted into athletes dressing rooms after the games if males are permitted to go in. The guys are in and out of showers in various stages of dress/undress. I have seen footage of guys wrapped only in towels around the waist while the cameras were rolling.

It seems to me that, so long as children are not adversely involved, it is time we loosen up a little and get over false modesty. Heck, overseas in the orient I have seen women squat down, pull their underwear aside, and pee on the ground with little apparent concern if anyone is 'watching'. Also, I have observed both sexes bathing in the nude in open public facilities, segregated by sex. So long as voyerism is not an issue, I say, "SO WHAT?"

Carroll
09-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Then I am faced with a real delemia. My band is playing a Halloween gig in a local bar, and I am dressing for it. What would you do?

Phoebe Reece
09-27-2006, 08:31 PM
At most times, use the ladies room. Be sure to have feet pointing out, sit down, wash your hands quickly afterwards, don't spend time fooling around with your makeup or hair. If you see young girls or teenagers go in before you, either wait till they are out or go elsewhere. If another lady comes in while you are in view in there: don't panic, smile, but avoid conversation if you can and exit quickly. Avoid going in if you see a line of ladies waiting to use the facilities.

For Halloween though, especially if you are part of the entertainment in a bar, I think it is better to use the Men's room. There is a big difference between being out and about as a crossdresser and being just a guy in a costume for Halloween.

Deidra Cowen
09-27-2006, 09:15 PM
I avoid the restrooms at places like the mall or stand alone stores. At gay bars and most the time at resturants I use the ladies room.

At straight bars I make the decision based on the vibe I am getting. If everyone is cool and I seem to be accepted or am blending in, I have used the ladies room at those places.

At one straight bar however I just felt like using the Mens room since it was quite obvious everyone knew I was a Tgirl!

I admit using restrooms is a bit of a problem and it makes me nervous sometimes. When going shopping I make sure to go to the restroom right before I leave so I don't have to worry about it.

julie w
09-27-2006, 10:43 PM
if I was you I would check out where you are going drab first see if there are
any family wash rooms , you are taking a risk useing womens wash rooms
at a mall .you risk assault or mall security ,just think if a girl tells her dad that there is a man
dressed as a women in the ladies !! I go out dressed but I am very carefull
about the washroom thing ,

Amanda
09-28-2006, 01:14 AM
Hi Karen Donna Well I always use a unisex/invalid/disable restroom. Its too scary otherwise. I used a ladies loo once and I'm sure I was sprung as a girl followed me out and kept asking me silly questions to get me to talk. I ran!

Also make sure you keep your skirt up. See my previous post this week

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41006

Joy Carter
09-28-2006, 02:40 AM
No law that I know prohibits a male from using the ladies room. But if someone freaks out then you might be cited for causing a disturbance. Have a GG go in ahead and clear the room then have her hold the door till your done....Hun. Or better yet don't drink anything before or while you are dressed. :D

Xaff
09-28-2006, 11:14 AM
I shall venture out shortly in full female attire. I am troubled however what do I do if I am at the Mall and nature calls, and I must pull up my skirt, and lower my panties, and pantyhose to piddle.If you are not the best looking female in drag there is some apprehension about entering the "Ladies Room". Ladies,have you ever encountered any problems with anybody when using the Ladies room when out socially in full female regala ? Do tell me your stories.
Thank you in advance. Karen Donna.I think I am ready !

I hope I may responce too.
But ehm, you know. Alright. I was a little bit strange. But ehm. I was today on school. And yeah, after gym I needed to pee. So I took the girl-toilets as I always do. Yeah I look like a boy, but I needed to choose anywhay. And there where no people in the toilet room. So I went in, dit my work. Came out.
And then it happend....It was full of girls, and they all stared at me. :eek:

So I should probebly take the next time the men-toiletroom.

So I would say, Thake the toiletroom in whitch you are dressed. Are you dressed like a woman. Thake the womans. Or as you're dressed like a male. Take the men-room. Otherwhise you get trown out! (Belive me! They stopped right away and looked as they saw a ...... :eek: )

Ranee Daze
09-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Restroom planning should be a part of all the planning you do to make your adventure a sweet success.
Mr. Murphy S. Law invites himself along on every outing I've ever had, and I have kept him from ruining my events by planning everything from parking close to exits near womens' departments in stores to visiting the places I'll visit days in advance so I know where restrooms are etc. I take everything like wet naps, extra pantyhose, bandaids, needle and thread, sunglasses just in case there is an unplanned event.
As far as your case you really have to weigh the risk. I'd stay away from mens rooms as much as possible. Non-gender single washrooms are the best, but tend to be in very busy areas like restaurants. Department store RR's are good too, like the ones in say the furniture dept. at Sears....not the busiest floor.
If you are worried about passing, remember this, all of us will get read as a man in a dress. Anxiety gets you read a whole lot faster. As long as people can't say "which' man in the dress, you are fine most of the time these days.
Plan. plan, plan and you can relax, relax and have the fun you deserve!

Ranee Daze
09-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Just an addendum.....Now that I have experienced
a few dozen ladies' loos
I might be more inclined to choose
the ladies'

Mens' room can be quite gross, moist seats and all
and floors too
I might fall
with those heels so tall!

robinLynn
09-28-2006, 02:39 PM
I would try to find a handicap or nongender specific bathroom first, but if one is not avaliable to yes go use the women's room but do be discreet about it.

use the ladies room preferably handicapped so you can make any do adjustments, a mens room will get you hurt ,im sorry to say