PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow! Baby steps to giant leap today. LONG

Gisele
09-26-2006, 11:29 PM
OK, Here is where I am at as of today.

I have been out doing the late night drives for years. (we all have)

I joined a support group and have been only twice in 2 yrs. That's bad but my job won't work with the group meeting times. They would but that means outing myself. So that is out. But, it's OK to me.

I met a GG 5yrs ago that I told about my dressing after 2 months of dating. I wanted an open and honest relationship. That worked out good. She was like anyone else with the "why" questions. I told her why I needed to do it and that I was 100% straight so she need not to worry. She is now my biggest fan!:love: We go shopping while I am in guy mode and lets me buy anything that I like. (if we have the money) She even went to a group meeting with me this month (I called in sick, which I was) After the meeting the girls wanted to go out to eat but I did not want to look at food so I declined the invite. I told Jenn that she can go if she wanted to and I would come home. So she did go and had a blast with everyone. I am glad she went the extra mile for me. I wished I have gone but I just couldn't with being sick and not have been out as Beth in public yet. That would send me into the panic attack zone quickly.

Now, today comes up. Jenn needed to go to Lexington to get her high school transcripts for her collage. She wanted me to go. OK, I thought. I wanted to go as Beth but I could not do it. So, I wore all Beth clothes except makeup and the wig. I have a pair of hip hugger jeans white socks my white and pink sneakers and my pink button up shirt with my breast forms and bra and a white cami. The shirt hid my form pretty good. I did not plan to really get out of the car. I did bring my make up and wig for just in case we stayed out later on tonight.

When she finished at the school I wanted to go to see if my new wig came in yet. I did get out of the car there cause the lady at the wig shop is a real sweetheart and knows about me. She loved my shirt! One of the wigs came in but it was not long enough for my taste but the other one that she ordered was on back order. Oh well, what's another 2 weeks? While we were there she was upset because my friend form the group was there and we missed her. She went right to the phone and called her. I got an earful for not telling anyone that I was coming to Lex for the day. LOL

So my fried went to Frankfort and wanted me and Jenn to come up and meet a woman that own a CATO clothes store there. I wasn't too ready to go but I kicked myself in the butt and said OK.

We were starving and stooped at a McDonalds to eat a quick bite. After I finished my sandwich I reached into the back seat and asked I should go as me or Beth? Jenn said Beth! OK, here come my make up and wig! I put on make up in the parking lot and put on my hair and I felt like another person that didn't care any more about what people thought.

We then made it to Frankfort and found the CATO then my friend pulled up right next to us and was shocked to see Beth. It was about 5pm too. I was out in plain sight during the day!!! :eek: We went in and the owner ran up to us and was just the best person we could have on our side. She is going to come to our meetings too! To talk about shopping and so forth. She wanted me to shop and have fun. So I did. I found many things on the sales rack. She wanted me to try on the clothes. I was thinking that there are a ton of women in the fitting room and I can go in? Yep! OK, COOL! While I was in there she told Jenn that if any one gave me a hard time that she would knock the **** out of them! She also told my friend that if we ever came in and one of her employees gave us a hard time that they would be fired as well. This is a very cool girl!

I had a blast today and will do it again! I left CATO spending only $30.00 for a jacket and 2 shirts. Not bad.

I want to do this again very soon. My friend and Jenn and myself are going to go out to a movie and dinner in about 2 weeks. I can't wait now.

This is like a new drug to me.:devil: CD was my old high but going out while dressed is a whole new ball game.

Sorry for the long post but I just could not resist telling my story. I hole this helps others on thinking of do it too.

The best part of today was standing out by the cars in the parking lot that was packed just the 3 of us talking for about 20 mins. I was looking around at people to see if anyone was looking at us and not one stare. Folks are more worried about finding a parking space and trying to remember what to buy for dinner than who is that girl over there.

Thanks for reading and I got the courage from reading post like this one from this board! So I would like to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart!

Best of wishes, Beth

Jenna1561
09-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Way to go girl! So happy to hear you had such a fine day. Once you get out and about - it's addictive.

Jenna

Holly
09-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Way cool, Beth. Well, the genie is really out of the bottle now! Enjoy your new found passion of going out while dressed but please make sure take into account the feelings of your GF. Keep having fun!

Gisele
09-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Way cool, Beth. Well, the genie is really out of the bottle now! Enjoy your new found passion of going out while dressed but please make sure take into account the feelings of your GF. Keep having fun!

Funny thing. She had more fun than I did. Plus she kissed me in the parking lot and said I did't know you were gay. :heehee: She told me that she didn't care what people thought.:hugs:

Had to add: I told her if anything made her feel not right just let me know.

plastiqgirl
09-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Glad you had such a great experience.
Have fun.

Gisele
09-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Hi Beth,

Sounds like you had a ball, great to have people who will look after you.

I know the emotions you are going through as I was out only for the 3rd time on Sunday so its all new to me too.

So pleased that you enoyed it as you will never forget your first time out. I know I wont.

Yes I won't forget today. My firend from the group called me when we got home to wish me Happy Birthday! I thought she was nuts. She told me that Beth was born today and I was like Ohhhhhhh yes, now I understand.

plastiqgirl
09-27-2006, 12:38 AM
lol aw

Adrienne Heels
09-27-2006, 06:51 AM
That was an AWESOME day!! Good for you and Jenn, too!!

JulieFL
09-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Awesome Beth. You are SO lucky to have a girlfriend that not only tolerates Beth, but accepts and encourages her as well.

And a kiss to boot! Julie is bright green with envy!

Julie

Angie G
09-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Happy Birthday Beth it's great you had a fun time out your gf is a gem I would not think you would have a problem passing so erlax out there and enjoy yourself I'm glad for youyou areblessed with good friends :hugs:
Angie

Paula Thomas
09-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Beth - Happy Birthday. :bday:

You really need to "mark it on the calendar" and celebrate this birthday every year.

uknowhoo
09-27-2006, 09:29 AM
I got such a nice, warm fuzzy feeling from reading of your experience, Beth. Congratulations and, yes, happy birthday! I am so tickled for you. I'm sure this isn't the last Beth out n about thread we'll be enjoying. ;) Tammi

Gisele
09-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi JulieFL long time no talk girl.

I will mark that date on my calendar!

I will have more "Beth out n about threads" in the future. I am sure of that.

I am bummed today cause I have to go back to work today and I have been Beth for my last two days off. Now I gotta wait till next Mon & Tues to be full Beth again.

If any one is near or going to Frankfort, Ky. IM me and I will get you the info on CATO and the owner. Or if you need a wig and are near Lexington, KY. I will do the same for the wig shop there.

In our group we are working on getting local shop owners to come to a special meeting for us to tell them how importaint our shopping needs are and what we face. We all ready have several owners and managers from many stores lined up. :thumbsup: