PDA

View Full Version : Winter Coat

Glenda58
09-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Winter is coming and I need a coat or jacket but with limited funds what to get? I have been going out more in the summer but now it's Fall and get to cool to go with out one. What color and style? Girls I need some help here. When the GF left she took all of hers and I didn't think about till now.
I want it to be useful as much as I can till I can get more. Maybe something that could be dress up for going clubing and dress down for the movies.
Any suggestions please?

Lisa Golightly
09-27-2006, 11:06 AM
I'd get a wool coat with a detachable collar. That way you get two looks. :)

KarenSusan
09-27-2006, 11:19 AM
I like a swing coat that is just a little longer than the length of your dress.

Karren H
09-27-2006, 11:24 AM
O bought the sweetest dark leather embroidered winter jacket at Walmart in Salt Lake City a few years ago... On clearence for $15. Lot of people stared when I was trying on womens jackets...lol. Need to shop around and find a good price!!

Something pink is always nice!! :)

Love Karren

Billijo49504
09-27-2006, 11:40 AM
I was in our Good Will store the other day, and they had lots of coats @ $10 each. For those prices, you could get a couple. One that was cute, but too small for me, still had the tags on it. So they are out there....BJ

GG Vanya
09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
For functionality, go with a leather tailored coat. I have one in black, and one in brown. When I say tailored, I mean they look like a "suit coat" with lapels, etc, but are belted, and come in knee length as well as finger tip length.

Before you say "too expensive"! Check your local thrift stores. Just make sure you have it dry cleaned before wearing it. :eek:

JeanneF
09-27-2006, 04:40 PM
You can't go wrong with a black wool peacoat. Always stylish, can be dressed up or down, and you shouldn't have a problem finding one on sale somewhere. If there's a Burlington Coat Factory near you, I'd try there first. I bought a Guess? one there last winter for about $50 (marked down from $200).

Felicia Fox
09-27-2006, 04:50 PM
hi,

i hear that fur jackets are coming back in style i know not all ladies love fur but this lady wants you to look fabulous try ebay. :love: Felicia

michelleliz
09-27-2006, 04:57 PM
check out the good will They have just about every thing

Michelle liz

Charleen
09-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Thrift stores!

Glenda58
09-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Went to a thrift shop brought one wool coat and one leather jacket for less than I for have for just a plain jacket. Thanks for all the ideals girls.