PDA

View Full Version : Ladies watches

fionasboots
09-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Could anyone recommend a nice, inexpensive ladies watch?

I know it sounds a bit silly but I really want a cute, small, femme watch to wear since I have to remove the ridiculously blokee/techie thing I have when dressed as it really doesn't go (just realised I'm wearing it now ... okay gone now ... damn ... what time is it? :heehee: )

I have pretty small wrists (they are maybe even small anf pretty?) anyway so I'm hoping almost any ladies watch will fit without any alteration.

The sort of thing I'm looking for has to be small and definitely femme but not pink or anything over the top.

Hmmm, the style that comes to mind is one with a solid metal bracelet (not the multiple links, just two halfs) ... can't remember where I've seen that though.

I'm going to be in the US next week so will be able to shop in all the stores over there (well the ones near Salt Lake City anyway).

AprilMae
09-27-2006, 03:54 PM
KMart and WalMart are good sources for those types of things. I found a couple that go well in either mode as well as strictly fem ones, all inexpensive.

Joyce1702
09-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Yep, the 'marts are your best bet. I bought a Sarah Coventry watch at K-mart which had an extra long band "for the plus size woman". If you have small wrists, any watch with an expansion band should work great. Maybe even the bracelet style if your wrists are small enough.

Joyce

Janelle Young
09-27-2006, 05:22 PM
I have to agree, The 'marts' are a great place to get one at a low price. I got a woman's watch for under 10 dollars at the W mart.

jessicaparrot
09-27-2006, 07:40 PM
try target pretty watches for less than $10.00

Charleen
09-27-2006, 07:44 PM
I wear a cute Timex. Should be easy to find in the U.K.

KarenSusan
09-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Timex watches are reasonable enough that you can get a couple of different styles.

Melinda G
09-27-2006, 10:25 PM
With the holidays approaching, all the stores will have racks of assorted ladies watches for $9.95 or less. I have several. In fact, with the holidays approaching, it will be a good time to stock up on everything fem!

Billijo49504
09-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Check out at the Avenue, by the checkout. They have several for less than $15 -20. I have several...BJ

vbcdgrl
09-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I don't know about the UK, but, here in the States, you can find all manner of inexpensive watches at Wal-Mart, etc. I have 2 femme watches, one silver, one gold.

Vikki

AmberTG
09-28-2006, 12:47 AM
I stold my wife's old Timex Indiglo watch with the petite leather band. It needed a new battery and she doesn't wear it anymore anyway, so I got a new battery put in it and wear it when I feel the need. It's a bit small for drab mode, but I've worn it a couple times that way anyway.

Karren H
09-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Salt lake has a lot of nice malls out of town on I-15 south towards. Orem!! I have shopped an many of them. I'm into those bracelet watches that are spring loaded and fit any wrist. And since my wrist is not smallish, they are larger than the banded watches.. And don't get lost on my wrist!

Have fun in SLC and watch those polygamist!! You could end up in a harem somewhere in the mountains. Lol

Love Karren

Charleen
09-28-2006, 02:07 PM

This is a picture of my watch, if I did this right. It's an oldie but a goody-gotta wind it! Love and xxxx, Lily

fionasboots
09-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Are any of you on commission from Walmart :heehee:

Well okay, I have to admit I do spent alot of money in Walmart simply because things are pretty cheap and it's so convenient ... no one has ever really botherer me no matter what I've gone in for :D

So I think I'll be calling in there as soon as I arrive and trying desperately to avoid spending too much on watches ... erm, and everything else there as well!

Thanks for the advice ... once I've actually got a watch I may even post a pic ... ooo, I bet you're all so excited about that :D

fionasboots
09-28-2006, 02:14 PM

This is a picture of my watch, if I did this right. It's an oldie but a goody-gotta wind it! Love and xxxx, Lily

Nice watch ... even nicer nails!

Hmmm, okay, this is maybe a poll-type question but how many of you wear your watch on the right side? I've always worn mine on the left wrist.

fionasboots
09-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Salt lake has a lot of nice malls out of town on I-15 south towards. Orem!! I have

That's just before Provo isn't it?

I'm staying in Orem for the first three weeks that I'm out there! In fact I drive past the big Walmart and all those malls on the way to the hotel!

Must resist shopping!

shopped an many of them. I'm into those bracelet watches that are spring loaded and fit any wrist. And since my wrist is not smallish, they are larger than the banded watches.. And don't get lost on my wrist!

Have fun in SLC and watch those polygamist!! You could end up in a harem somewhere in the mountains. Lol

As long as it's close to the outlet mall near Park City I wouldn't mind ... I'm sure they'd get rid of me soon enough once I'd spent lots of money on shoes, clothes, make-up, etc :heehee:

Annaliese
09-28-2006, 02:35 PM

Love Karren

Wal-Mart is where I got both my Watch at great price.

Karren you know better than that, you are only in danger if you are 14 or younger and in Colorado City near the Arizona strip.

Annaliese
09-28-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm going to be in the US next week so will be able to shop in all the stores over there (well the ones near Salt Lake City anyway).

Are you comming to Conference.

Annaliese
09-28-2006, 02:49 PM
That's just before Provo isn't it?

I'm staying in Orem for the first three weeks that I'm out there! In fact I drive past the big Walmart and all those malls on the way to the hotel!

Must resist shopping!

As long as it's close to the outlet mall near Park City I wouldn't mind ... I'm sure they'd get rid of me soon enough once I'd spent lots of money on shoes, clothes, make-up, etc :heehee:

You will fly into Salt Lake City and Provo is about 30 miles to the south. Park City is about 30 miles to the east of Salt Lake City.

I am going to be in Prove on the 17th for a doctors appointment.
If you are still there may be we could have lunch.

Anna

renee k
09-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Try Fossel, they make several different styles and can be found most anywhere. I have one for everyday wear.

Huggs, Renee

Elly
09-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Wal*Mart hase some nice womens watches, that's where i got my new one today for under $10 and i love it, obviousely my favorite color is baby blue actualy any light blue, sorry for the fuzzy pic i just laid my arm on the scanner :heehee: ...
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/elly_ashtear/mywatch.jpg

Charleen
09-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Nice watch ... even nicer nails!

Hmmm, okay, this is maybe a poll-type question but how many of you wear your watch on the right side? I've always worn mine on the left wrist.

Thanks on both counts. I have no idea how old that watch is asI found in my late wife's jewelry box, and I have no idea where she got it. It might have been her Mom's. The wife never wore watches so I don't know. I don't even know if they still sell wind-ups any more.
I do love doing my own nails. Takes about an hour or so. Find it soothing, and a way to ignore life for a while.
I wear my watch on the right as I'm a lefty, and it is not in harms way. Love and xxxx, Lily

jenny c
09-29-2006, 03:07 AM
Hi fiona
Here in the UK there are many places that you can buy an inexpensive watch from Argos is one you can choose it from the catalogue and purchase it with no questions asked.
I myself buy my watches from one of those little stall vendors that sell watches for £5 that can be found in many a shopping mall here in the UK they have many styles and with various wristband types worth a look i think!!

carol ann
09-29-2006, 07:58 AM
I agree with jenny that here in the UK any little market or shopping mall has stalls that have a choice of watches for around £5. If it doesn't last long - so what- it will cost almost as much to buy a new battery, and its nice to have a choice of styles.

Stephenie S
09-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Dear Fiona,

Nice to hear from you, dear, and glad that things are not quite as bad as they looked a while back.

I got a perfectly good inexpensive watch at Rite Aid, a drug store chain here in the USA. The first time I wore it to work I was prepared to say that I borrowed my wifes' because I could not find mine (in my profession, I need a watch continually). Actually, I forgot to take it off and noticed it as I was driving to work. Well, nobody said a thing so I am bit more open about it than I used to be. And I do like it. It's much more delicate.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Clare
09-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Hey Fiona, can't you buy a watch at the Airport tax free? As in any new purchases you take out of the Country are not subject to taxes? You could try that at either the UK or USA Airports. I guess the duty free shops only sell the higher quality expensive watches, but you're worth it aren't you?

As for me, i'm shopping around for a nice femme watch, but haven't found the right one yet as i'm fussy!

PennyAnne
09-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Though I know that a lovely small ladies watch is fashionable, in my case, as I fly as a pilot, you will often see me with my klutzy old Breitling. True, it's kind of big, but real easy to read when you are bouncing about in turbulence. Besides, I get a kick out of the odd glances I get from men and women both when they spot me wearing an obviously very masculine watch with a designer dress. ( I'm about average for a gal...5'5", 125 lbs fine bones)
Yes, I have treated myself to some really fashionable watches, but you would be suprised how often I find myself going back to that old automatic from my former life. There is something nostalgic and comforting about it.
The watch was bought in a pawn shop and was 20 years old when I bought it 15 years ago, so it's nearly an antique.
My SO has a million watches of all manner of style and colour. One for every outfit. Most are of the "expendable" variety and cost under $20. Probably would cost more to replace the battery than to buy a new watch.
Guess it's just not "my thing"
Penny