PDA

View Full Version : A Grand Day Out!

Charleen
09-27-2006, 07:06 PM
With apologies to Wallace, Grommit, and Nick Park.

I asked yesterday about going out with some eye shadow as I dress fairly adrogynously. Naturally you girls encouraged me so I did.
Had to get out of the house for a while, so I decided to go to Orlando to do a little shopping. SHOPPING? DID SOMEONE SAY SHOPPING? Oh, it was me. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, got up today and got dolled up for me. Started by putting on a bra which I normally don't do, put on my filagree hoop earrings, than the make up. Some brown mascara on the upper and lowers, light pink lipstick, and some dark lavender eye shadow on the lids.
I had a few stops to make, including a CD friendly store I found on the net. Was going to go there first, but I also wanted to find a certain type of water bottle holder that I was told I could find at a place called Outdoor World, and was the farthest away so I threw caution to the wind and went there first with just a little worry. Even though they sell woman's clothing, you could smell the tetesterone as soon as I walked in. I was treated like anyone else! Greeted warmly, and the SA I asked about my holder couldn't have been nicer. Didn't bat an eye lash.:D
On to "Ritzy Rags". Terriffic! Got help with my make up needs, both beard cover and theatrical that I need for work. Had a grand time talking to the SA, Nancy, as they sell wigs and work with cancer patients, and as I lost my wife to cancer , I told her that was another reason I wanted to shop there. On to a used record store. No problem except that they didn't have what I was looking for.Then to a huge thrift store for some blouses. Heard excuse me Ma'am a few times. Nice. Got 5 blouses for $13.00. Some femme some not so. Wally World next, then a little store for cigarettes.
NOT ONE WORD! Nary a glance! Well maybe from the woman I got the cigs from. Just smiled at her and said thanks.
As I said, A grand day out! Love and xxxx, Lily
BTW, Thank you girls for being here and for me!

DAVIDA
09-27-2006, 07:51 PM
It's good to hear about your day. I think that the more that read about others having such good time being out, that maybe it will not be to long before I give it a go.

sissystephanie
09-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Lily,
You are one brave lady! Although I do go out often entirely dressed enfemme, I still look like a man in women's clothes. (Hey, that is what I am!) Must practice with makeup and one of my two wigs. What hair I have is short, unlike your beautiful hair. And the top of my head is almost bald. Other than that, I am all girl (well, almost!). BTW, I do get a lot of smiles when I shop enfemme, but no remarks. At least none that I hear.

Love from Sissy

Billijo49504
09-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Glad everything went well. As many of us have said, the SA are there to take our money and give us service. Period, end of story. Add some personal feelings and get fired. The wife works at Avenue, she was told that CD'ers were customers and to be treated as such, in her oriantation. They didn't know about me...BJ

Charleen
09-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Thanks girls, I've only had one instance where I heard a snicker. A young GG SA. Nothing was said, and the snicker was when she thought I was busy looking at boots. Shopping, ta gotta love it! Love and xxxx, Lily

Karren H
09-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Great time, Lily!!! Nothing beats that feeling!!

Love Karren

Lisa Golightly
09-28-2006, 11:39 AM
With apologies to Wallace, Grommit, and Nick Park.
so I decided to go to Orlando to do a little shopping.

You know your Nick Park, but do you know your Virginia Woolf? ;)

Charleen
09-28-2006, 02:11 PM
You know your Nick Park, but do you know your Virginia Woolf? ;)

Yeah, but I ain't afraid.

Lisa Golightly
09-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah, but I ain't afraid.

Nice line :)