PDA

View Full Version : Zip! Zap! Sizzle!- First session

Teresa Amina
09-28-2006, 12:27 PM
This morning was it- Laserblast time! It's pretty dark out there now at 6:15, but the rain had stopped and the drive down to Grand Rapids a quick one in spite of the Michigan roadside flower- orange construction zone cones:D There are two seasons here- pothole and construction, and construction goes on longer each year. But at any rate, I was down there by 8:40 and browsed the People Magazine Fashion issue for a while before the tech showed up at 9. Now I've been reading everyones' posts re Laser so I had a good idea what to expect and I'll just hit a point or two about the overall experience- it is kind of like being twacked by a rubberband over and over, but it's a hot rubberband! And when I put Sizzle in my title before I didn't really expect to hear (or maybe it was feel) the little hair roots sizzle but I did several times. Very strange! But all in all a great experience, I've no unusual ability to handle pain and it was all well within my tolerance. I even got a "You did good!" afterward, very nice and reassuring. So if you want to do this go ahead, don't let the horror stories stop you. My next appointment is 16 November, will be all done by warm weather next year and not have to worry about beard cover in Teresa-mode.:happy:

Karren H
09-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Ouch!!! Still doesn't sound like fun!!! They give out lollypops? Lol at least you went out afterwards and bought a new dress?? Right?? To help with the pain and suffering!! :D

Can't wait for pics of the end results!! Is there any scarring?

Love Karren

Melanie R
09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Teresa,

Sounds like you did good your first laser session. I have had 12 sessions and have no dark hairs remaining on any part of my body. The most pain for me when they zap you right under the nose and above the mouth. Now if they would have a laser for white hairs.

Hugs,

Melanie

AmberTG
09-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Teresa, keep us posted on the after effects of the treatment, I, for one, am curious to see how your face reacts in the next couple of days. I'm very familar with the after effects of electrolysis, I just had another hour session this morning.
Melanie, I guess you'll have to have the white hairs removed the old fashion way, with electrolysis. If the black hairs are gone now, that's less to have done the old fashion way. My electrolygist is concentrating on the white and grey hairs right now, in case I decide to get a laser treatment.
Amber

Teresa Amina
09-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Ouch!!! Still doesn't sound like fun!!! They give out lollypops? Lol at least you went out afterwards and bought a new dress?? Right?? To help with the pain and suffering!! :D

Can't wait for pics of the end results!! Is there any scarring?

Love Karren

Had to turn around and drive back right away- no shopping! I worked this afternoon till 8. No scarring I can see at this point, I've a lotion to put on twice a day for a week that's to sooth and help heal the zaps. The dead hair follicles work their way out with daily shaving, then I should be able to see if 20% is really gone! Actually told the tech that it was fun- good reaction to that :D Next time they turn the power up, should be interesting.

Joy Carter
09-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Gosh some gurls have all the luck.:heehee:

Teresa Amina
09-28-2006, 08:24 PM
The most pain for me when they zap you right under the nose and above the mouth. Now if they would have a laser for white hairs

I agree with the upper lip owies! I had her turn it down a bit at that point (my thickest and darkest hairs) and it was still quite the experience. As for the white hairs this unit is "supposed to" have good results compared to others. I doubt the effectiveness will be what they claim but I did feel quite a bit of Sizzle in my lighter areas. But the dark hairs are the biggest problem, get rid of those and I'll be doing well.

brandie
09-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Well Sounds Like Fun (not)so How Do You Like Gr I Live South Of There Hope To See Picks Of The Change

Brandie

Teresa Amina
09-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Well Sounds Like Fun (not)so How Do You Like Gr I Live South Of There Hope To See Picks Of The Change

Brandie

Hope my Before pic will work, the flash washed it out some, but I had a full beard for 24 years and many pics of that-- Before-before pictures:D Will take one at each stage as the dead stuff works it's way out and post them then. Stay tuned. GR is huge now, isn't it? If you're south of there you should go to the Dunes event in Saugatuck next month.

brandie
09-28-2006, 08:56 PM
I Shave My Beard Off For The Summer So Hates It When I Shave.
Have Not Been To Saugatuck In 20 Tears. So Would Not Go For It. But Just In Case When Is It Might Find The Time When She Is Not Around.

Brandie

Teresa Amina
09-28-2006, 09:01 PM
I Shave My Beard Off For The Summer So Hates It When I Shave.
Have Not Been To Saugatuck In 20 Tears. So Would Not Go For It. But Just In Case When Is It Might Find The Time When She Is Not Around.

Brandie

Two weeks from this weekend. Check the Events list, it's in there with a link.

Rachel Morley
09-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi Teresa,

Your title "Zip! Zap! Sizzle!- First session" made me smile because that's exactly how it is :D I have my second session next week....I can't wait! Err..well...I can wait as far as the pain is concerned, but I so want the results so it's a case of "no pain no gain" and "the end justifies the means" :D