PDA

View Full Version : Wife understands me again....

SatinSarah
09-28-2006, 03:27 PM
I have had a great week. My wife was supportive of my dressing for about 10 years and then 2 years ago she just flipped at a hotel weekend away when I was fully Sarah. I think she wanted her husbnad not a woman with her. Well this week she asked me why I was so tense and snappy. I explained how frsutraed I get not being able to dress with her. That night she asked me to do her a favour - to put on my bra and knickers and get into bed. Sarah was back. Yesterday we were shopping and she knew I was interested in looking at clothes. I didn;t buy anyhting but we shared thoughts on looks and some boots. I am so happy I had to just share this news...... sorry for going on so long but you girls are all so marvellous and this site has kept me sane on and off over the last 2 years. Luv

Sarah

Charleen
09-28-2006, 03:40 PM
That's good news. My $.02, allow her to procede at her own rate toward this acceptance. If you push, you might scare again. As I said, just my $.02. Love and xxxx, Lily

Darlene Rochelle
09-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Sarah,that is wonderful,glad to hear of another supportive spouse,mine has made progress in the acceptance area too.

yvonne10
09-28-2006, 03:58 PM
glad to hear this i wish my wife was like yours she used to be then suddenly she hates it

Toyah
09-28-2006, 03:59 PM
That surley is wonderfull news I know how much of a strain not having a non supportive wife can be Yahoo chats cured mine

ronnie06
09-28-2006, 07:03 PM
but I love that red dress...is that satin?

looks so sfot and snuggly.......

gawd I'm jealous

Elly
09-28-2006, 08:49 PM
yea!!! another suportive wife i love hearing news like this, it makes me happy with progress (though it is still slow) but it's much better to hear about the good things as when i read about peoples SO that left them over dressing it fills me with deep sadness at the progression of understanding...

ColleenCD
09-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Sarah,

Welcome back. I went through something similar earlier this year. Afterwards my wife and I went shopping and she bought me a camisole and tap pant set. Sometimes I feel so lucky. Congrats to you!

Colleen

Sandra
09-29-2006, 03:07 AM
I think some SOs do go through this I know I did with Nigella and we got over it, just let take it at her pace.

Tracy_Victoria
09-29-2006, 03:36 AM
I have had a great week. My wife was supportive of my dressing for about 10 years and then 2 years ago she just flipped at a hotel weekend away when I was fully Sarah. I think she wanted her husbnad not a woman with her. Well this week she asked me why I was so tense and snappy. I explained how frsutraed I get not being able to dress with her. That night she asked me to do her a favour - to put on my bra and knickers and get into bed. Sarah was back. Yesterday we were shopping and she knew I was interested in looking at clothes. I didn;t buy anyhting but we shared thoughts on looks and some boots. I am so happy I had to just share this news...... sorry for going on so long but you girls are all so marvellous and this site has kept me sane on and off over the last 2 years. Luv

Sarah

I can fully understand both yours and your partners feeling over this. I think the problem heres is that sometimes one or both parties can let this run away, and I'm sure this is Raksha's biggest fear to actually getting to know Tracy! Ie pandoras box syndrome, once the box is open it really hard to close it again.

Although our main problem is time, with me working shifts, her working odd hours, children normally always about, a house in need of several major DIY projects (lI'm refitting the kitchen totally at present) we just don't get time to ourself's let alone me adding Tracy in to the equation as well.

Hopefully in time she will get to know the other me. but I'm aware that if she did, she also needs time with the real me, ie the man, the husband, the father. This is the deal she signed up for and not for me to be walking around enfem whenever possible. (thats not a problem for me, as I might dress 2 or 3 times a month if i'm lucky, but again, I have no wish for more, or to be or wear fem outfits or even an item 24/7) but I have read the comments here from many others who do, and I can totally understand how it can have a reverse effect on both the partner and the relationship, ie rather than accepting, it drives nails between the people.

Also the last thing any woman needs to hear at that time, or in that situation is LIKE it or LUMP it! and sadly I've seen several posts on here draw that very conclution!

just my :2c:

Bev06 GG
09-29-2006, 03:42 AM
That's good news. My $.02, allow her to procede at her own rate toward this acceptance. If you push, you might scare again. As I said, just my $.02. Love and xxxx, Lily

Mmm very wise advice Lily, and good look Sarah, just goes to show that communication and being honest does pay dividends for some people.
Take care
bEVxxxx

Sheila
09-29-2006, 04:17 AM
SatinSarah,
nice to hear that things are begining to turn around for you both, might I suggest a bunch of flowers, bottle of wine or some chocolates just to say thanks for being so understanding and I LOVE YOU, --them darn little things enrich our lives and makes us feel loved and appreciated

Jess

Jenn2716
09-30-2006, 02:22 AM
Congrats Sarah,
I can totally relate to the relief that comes with being able to dress in the company of one's spouse. I know that if we have a rough patch and I go a week or two without dressing in front of her I do tend to get irritable. I can't imagine what 2 years would do to me.
I hope everything keeps going in this positive direction, and be sure to communicate to your wife how happy your are to be able to dress with her again (but don't forget to keeping showing her your husband side too, I know I sometimes do)

Marla GG
09-30-2006, 07:17 AM
Thanks for sharing your good news with us Sarah. :hugs:

Did you ever talk about why she "flipped out" that day? I don't know if this will ring true for you, but a lot of times when a formerly accepting spouse suddenly withdraws her support, it is because things are progressing too fast and/or you are dressing more and more often. When you have an accepting wife it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that because she is okay with what you are doing now, she would also be okay with a little bit more....but to her it feels like every time she accepts something, her husband ups the ante. That really takes away the incentive to be supportive.

Telling her how you feel when you can't dress was a very good thing to do. The next step might might be to talk with her about where her comfort level is with regard to when, where, how much, how often, and so on.

Best wishes,
Marla xx

SatinSarah
10-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks girls for all your wise words. I did get carried away with her acceptance and pushed too hard for more and more. In fact her acceptnace was more love for me and hiding her true feelings. We love each other so much that we didn't communicate properly on this! I need to get the balance right. Sarah needs to come out with her - but only at her pace. I went shopping this week with her again and I felt very girly. Again nothing bought and I didn't get to dress but we talked and joked about it. I must learn to be patient.

Thanks again for all being so supportive. The lesson for us all is to take it step by step and talk. I can talk better as Sarah than my drab side. Once I'm dressed its impossible to stop me taking about my emotions. In drab I am a clam.

Sarah

Jenniferritchie
10-04-2006, 06:29 PM
i tend to agree with most of the comments made by the other girls. i to have a so who is supportive but i do tend to over indulge, in that i am always wearing bra and pants and no longer have male underwear and at bedtime i always wear a nightie. i to get frustrated with the time factor as i have the same time restraints that you have i.e. shift work (i work nightshift) my wife works during the day but i have two boys(they do not know of Jennifer) who are in and out of the house throughout the day at the drop of a hat. so i have to be very careful, just taking the opportunity when i can. my so does not want to see jennifer in full makeup and wig so this to causes frustration on me. but it is nice when out shopping together and my wife will helps me pick some new fem cloths. i am very pleased to hear that you are both getting it together again and you are now more aware of her needs. patients is a virtue that comes back ten fold. good luck to you both and may you have many more happy times together:love:

VickyTan_81
10-05-2006, 01:20 AM
I'm learning to take things slowly and not push for acceptance from my SO hoping that she would one day allow me to express myself the way I would like to.