PDA

View Full Version : False nails and typing

NickyJane
09-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Ok this is not easy!

As its my birthday i treated myself to a set of false nails!
troubl is you try typing wth them!

hence the short post ! ! ! !

Nicky Jane

X X X

NickyJane
09-28-2006, 05:25 PM
But with a new founation and fresh pantie boy do i feel good! !! !

Nicky jnae

X X X

Diane098
09-28-2006, 05:29 PM
I cant wait to get my first set. Have a great birthday!:happy:

Charleen
09-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Mine are long and I use the nails to type with. No double hit5sw, er hits, and the clicking on the keys sounds neat. Love and xxxx, Lily

Lilith Moon
09-28-2006, 05:37 PM
I've been growing my own nails lately...they have always grown quite fast and needed frequent trimming. At the moment, they are the longest they have ever been and, guess what ? It is getting more and more difficult to type, something I hadn't considered. :straightface:

SherriePall
09-28-2006, 05:48 PM
I wear one-step nails when dressing. They require no glue and come off fairly easily, but stay on well. It's a challenge when I try to type messages here on the forum while wearing them. The first time I wore nails out in public (had on glue-ons that day), I had trouble signing the credit card slip and the SA (who knew me) laughed because I had trouble holding the pen and signing.

cd_elsie
09-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Enjoy your birthday For mine i treated myself to a new blouse and skirt. Yet to have tried nail extensions but i love the way my nails looked when they match my toes

NickyJane
09-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I had trouble signing the credit card slip and the SA (who knew me) laughed because I had trouble holding the pen and signing.

Thank God for chip and pin i say

Nicky Jane

X X X

GG Vanya
09-28-2006, 05:54 PM
I've worn solar nails for years. Typing is easy when you learn the trick:

If you type by touch (as I do) just curl your fingers more and type with the tip end of the nails. Of course, this results in little trenches being worn into the keys, but no typos! :D

Deidra Cowen
09-28-2006, 06:00 PM
At first I could barely type with nails but now I am quite good at it. You learn to use the pads of your fingers ...not the tips, if ya know what I mean! :p

GG Vanya
09-28-2006, 06:04 PM
At first I could barely type with nails but now I am quite good at it. You learn to use the pads of your fingers ...not the tips, if ya know what I mean! :p

Umm if your nails are as long as mine, using the pads would result in you typing the key above what you were aiming for! :D

Deidra Cowen
09-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Umm if your nails are as long as mine, using the pads would result in you typing the key above what you were aiming for! :D

:tongueout They are (Revlon French Tips) ...this long....

Hannah Liegh
09-28-2006, 06:19 PM
If you wear "sport" length, use your pads.
If you wear "glamor" length, definitly the nail tips perpendicular to the keys. I have to agree with Vanya..... I love the staccato clicks of nails on a keyboard...

But not on on the blackboard.... I ran my nails on one to get the students attention just once....... After that all I needed do was make my hand a claw and poise it near the top of the board.

vbcdgrl
09-28-2006, 07:24 PM
I've gotten pretty good at it, although my femme nails are only about 1/4" past the end of the fingers. I type with the tip of my finger as usual, but position it so the nail doesn't hit the key above.
To me, these little things we have to do when in the femme mode are challenges. I've learned to fasten my bra behind my back, put on nylons with nails without running them, give myself a pedicure and paint my toenails, fasten garters, etc. Kinda fun.

Vikki

linnea
09-29-2006, 12:28 AM
I've found that I can adjust pretty well to typing with medium length nails. There's a lot more "klacking," but after a few lines I do pretty well. As to the question of using the "pads" of your fingers or using the tips of your nails, I find that I use both: On the upper keys, I tend to use the pads; on the lower keys, I use the tips. Regardless, it takes some adjusting and some practice, but it just goes with the territory and in that sense, I actually enjoy it.

DanaJ
09-29-2006, 05:12 AM
Agreed - I jusy have learned to do it over time where I don't even pay attention anymore. On the other hand, it was emabarrassing the other day when I dropped a dime on the floor at the grocery store, and I tried and tried and could not pick it up LOL

JoAnnDallas
09-29-2006, 08:35 AM
I have had acrylic nails for almost a year now and sometimes they are as long as 1/4 to 1/2 longer than my figure tips. At first I found it difficult to type when I let them get long. Then over time I learned to type using the tips of my nails. Now I have no problem. I type on a computer all the time, since I am a Software Engineer.