PDA

View Full Version : Flicka's Debut..in her 78th year!

flicka
12-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Hi Girls,

I'm John, Flicka's SO. I often read these pages with her, and sometimes alone, as I live quite a distance from her; I have gained much knowledge on this forum. Thank you.
I would like to share with you my efforts after applying make-up to my girl's face. I went to a large retail outlet where the make-up expert was only too pleased to help me, especially as I told her my wife was unable to control her hands. (No lie, under certain circumstance!)
As this is my first attempt I would welcome member comments on my work, where can I improve? Eye shadow was not a success, so I bypassed it on this occasion, though I would like to be able to apply the right shades - if it is helpful her eyes are brown. Incidentally I have Flicka's approval for this submission; she quite likes her appearance. I also include a couple of my favourite pics of her.
I think she is beautiful, and I am deeply in love with her (this is only the second time in my life that I have fallen in love). The details are in Flicka's
first post.
This is all new to me, having had no knowledge of this aspect of human behaviour. I find it fascinating, and if it makes my darling happy, then I am happy too. I have a great pal when HE is in drabs, and a lovely lady when SHE is made up! I think myself very lucky.
Would you like me to make any contributions to this forum, or would I be out of place? I have many thoughts which I am happy to share. I have always considered myself to be a straight male, as I too am a widower with family. It is all rather confusing, but refreshing and a great deal of harmless fun at our stage in life.

Georgette
12-28-2004, 07:30 PM
First of all Flicka you are one hot chick and I mean that. John be all that you can be sound familar, but serously you did a great make up job better than I could do. Hang in there and relish every moment of what you two have going.

LauraB
12-28-2004, 07:30 PM
John

I was about to type Dear John
But thought that may give the wrong impression

Flicka is a valued and worthy member of our sisterhood

I feel that you as her SO could only be a major delight and a valuable contributer

So Post away

Glad to have you with us

Love
Laura
XXXXX

KewTnCurvy GG
12-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Flicka, grrl, you got it going on. I hope I look that good at your age. And such nice legs! Wow.

hugs
kew

Amelie
12-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Flicka,,my, my aren't we a classy chick. You look lovely, your image matches your words, very classy.
And John, it would be a pleasure to have you contribute to the forum. I would like to hear what you have to say.
Good luck to the both of you, and remain true to each other.
Love Amelie

Tristen Cox
12-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Looking grrreat Flicka. John you're a very lucky guy. *hugs* to both of you.
And best wishes for the new year :)

Love
Tristen

Sharon
12-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Congratulations John and Flicka! You two are an inspiration.

Rikki
12-29-2004, 04:07 AM
Flika, very nice look and the legs are great. I wish my legs looked that good now, John by all means we would love to have you with us. Have a great New Year.

Rikki

Julie
12-29-2004, 04:16 AM
John, congratulations on a job well done, Flicka was right when she sang your praises in a previous post.

Flicka, you're looking great girl and yes such lovely pins.

Feel free to chip in John, I know the views of SO's are appreciated here.

JJ

racquel
12-29-2004, 04:49 AM
Nice job on the make-up.
Feel free to post as often as you like John.
Glad you are here.
Looking good Flicka.

Wendy me
12-29-2004, 07:56 AM
ficka john welcome enjoy our little family

AnnaMaria
12-29-2004, 08:20 AM
John,

You should know that any so is welcome here. We are a family and enjoy greatly adding new members to it. The more so's we have the more we are able to share insights from both sides of the life and the easier it is for us to deal with things that come up as a result lf our lives. It is all a matter of acceptance. The more we accept others for who they are the more people will accept us for who we are. And that, after all, is what we as a group crave most. Acceptance of the fact that just because we dress different from the mainstream doesn't mean that we are any different from the rest of the world. We are just more aware of who we really are and what we really want in life. Something that some people never figure out in the first place.

I say welcome and I hope that you will continue to post and keep us apprised of how you and Flicka are getting on. Your an inspiration to us all.

huggs
anna

flicka
12-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Thank you Georgette, LauraB, KewTnCurvy, Amelie, Tristen, Sharon935, Rikki, Julie J, raquel, wendy me and Anna Maria for your welcoming of John to the forum - and the "family". And handing out such compliments too! You are indeed wonderful sisters.
Amelie, we are committed to each other and have exchanged rings. Kind of married, like; at least as far as it can be done down this way.
Love to you all
Flicka
xxxxxx

p.s. John has become a member and will write soon

StephanieCD
12-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Welcome, both of you! Truly an inspiration!

Flicka's SO
12-30-2004, 07:48 PM
I would like to thank you all, for your acceptance and encouragement on this Forum, especially the lovely compliments you paid to my Flicka, whom I love very much. When she was visiting me in my home State I was able to take photos and try my hand at applying make-up, following the directions given me by a Revlon representative in a large department store in my home town. A little white lie from me, and the young lady was only too pleased to draw diagrams and list the various application procedures; warning against the pitfalls that many ladies fall into (too much blush etc). I still have much to learn and do hope you will give me some help in the future. Right now this activity is curtailed as Flicka and I are visiting with her family members for the Festive season.
As a result of your comments I have registered onto the Forum under the name of Flicka's SO, and look forward to joining in your interresting discussions.
Best wishes to you all for 2005

John

Wenda
12-30-2004, 08:11 PM
I just started dressing again this year, at 57. Trouble is, I don't want to dress my age. When I see Flicka's legs, I can see this will be trouble for some time to come. You look awesome!....trade the crickett hat for a good wig, and you could dine with the Queen, or.. HRH..or...just stay home and have fun....congrats,, wenda.

Tamara Croft
12-30-2004, 08:41 PM
I def don't dress my age... I dress in what I feel is comfortable. You did a great job John.... keep it up and keep posting those pics, you are truely both an inspiration to this forum. :)

Tamara x

flicka
12-30-2004, 10:58 PM
HOW DARE YOU, Wenda!!! Cricket hat indeed!

Millinerie Madame Paulette Chantelle et Filles,
Rue de ma Tante
Paris

I'll have you know!

Seriously, we agree .... exchanging the expensive hat for an appropriate wig, that is (Dunno about lunch with HM or HRH ...... I'm quite happy to enjoy solicitude with JC - which also happens to be the initials of my SO!) My, don't we become entangled with acronyms these days!

And thank you for the lovely compliment ... (Real ladies acknowledge such compliments ... I'm now on page three of Debrett's, just on the off chance I DO lunch with HM!)

My, you have got me excited!

Celeste GG
01-01-2005, 03:45 AM
Flicka sounds like she lives out the back of beyond. One day when you two wish to holiday in melbourne, just let me know and we'll throw a special party!

Celeste :p

flicka
01-01-2005, 09:57 AM
MELBOURNE!! .................... Yuk!

flicka
01-01-2005, 10:04 AM
MELBOURNE!! ...................Yuk!