PDA

View Full Version : 1am Walk

NickyJane
09-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Just got back from a 1 am walk!

My first time "out" as Nicky Jane!!!! Felt fantastic, I was worried about walking in heels but I guess the practice around the flat paid off! ! ! Even got a cute hello from a girl walking the other way.

Just wish I could do it with others around and not just at daft o'clock in the morning!

Nicky Jane

X X X

sara_also
09-28-2006, 07:58 PM
it's a start..the more you do anything the more it becomes natural.
Keep walking and keep going forward...

dancer1
09-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Dont know if GG can run a marathone in heels either:heehee: but i'am happy for you, when i go to local CD meetings a few go outside hotel main to have a smoke, thats a lot cause i dont pass so the moment is for me. :hugs: Nadeen

Charleen
09-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Gotta walk before we run. Took my baby steps going out at night in a skirt last week myself. It's a start, but even though I now am androgynous going out, jeans, button blouse, a little make up, in a skirt I'll keep to night time for now.
Love and xxxx, Lily

Kaitlyn Michele
09-28-2006, 08:36 PM
i think thats great!!! it wasnt long ago that i would stand at the door for literally hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm very happy you got out and got yourself "seen"...i've always loved that and my experience is you can just go a little further each time..

also stay safe!!! 1am is late!!

michele

Sam-antha
09-28-2006, 09:07 PM
It is so great going out, and going back towards the house feels good too.
But for safety please try going out a bit earlier. People have tobe quite close to see what your face looks like in the dark.
Get brave agin and try nine o clock
~Samm

Barb Valentine
09-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Good for you NickyJane
Isn't night time wonderful

Lauren Richards
09-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful adventure. Don't you love the sound of heels on a hard surface? Be careful out there at 1:00am.

sandra-leigh
09-28-2006, 10:41 PM
It is so great going out, and going back towards the house feels good too.
But for safety please try going out a bit earlier.

Around my residence, it is probably safer at 1 AM than at 9 PM. Both are about equally dark; in both cases, most people are inside paying little attention to outside, too hypnotized by the TV set. There are small amounts of traffic on the side streets all night: no matter what time I'm out, it is uncommon for there not to be at least one car pass me in the half-kilometre over to the next main road.

What you do get at 9 PM that you don't get at 1 AM, is carfulls of bored teenage boys riding around looking for people to annoy, and with nothing better to do than to turn around and follow you for kicks.

There are some places near my work that I wouldn't walk through en femme at 1 AM -- but I wouldn't walk through those places at 1 AM in drab either!

Downtown, there is often no major difference in the traffic rates between 9 PM and 1 AM... because 1 AM is "last call" and people start leaving the clubs and bars around then. Harder to get a cab at 1 AM than 9 PM, and that's not just from drivers going off service.

I walked home about 1/2 km through our neighbourhood a few days ago, in one of my black dresses, bust shape visible as I had no jacket on, wig on, and carrying my purse. No problem at all, and it was fairly enjoyable, a quiet cool walk, in comfortable nice-looking clothes, knowing that if anyone did see me pass by, that they would perceive a respectable woman. And being able to walk like that, unconcerned, in one's own neighbourhood, offers a lot of satisfaction of feeling accepted the way you are.

I don't get concerned about being seen until I'm within a few doors from home, near the neighbours I'm most friendly with -- the ones who might potentially feel personally hurt.

Robin Leigh
09-29-2006, 07:49 AM
Just got back from a 1 am walk!

My first time "out" as Nicky Jane!!!! Felt fantastic, I was worried about walking in heels but I guess the practice around the flat paid off! ! ! Even got a cute hello from a girl walking the other way.

Just wish I could do it with others around and not just at daft o'clock in the morning!

Congratulations, Nicky Jane! Glad you had fun. Remember, a little adrenaline is good for the heart. :) It's fairly likely the GG read you & was being friendly. Women will make eye contact with other women on the street, but they generally don't say hello to total strangers, unless for mutual reassurance in a dodgy area.

When I was in my 20s I was out walking en femme one night & a GG in her 40s or 50s approached me in the street. She was a bit frightened, and wanted me to walk with her up to the main road. This would have added about 30 minutes to my outing, and I explained that I had to get back home. Also, I wasn't too keen on walking through that area, myself. She never gave any indication that she thought I was a guy. :happy: I felt bad about not going with her, but I wanted to get back to my gf, and I don't know if I could have kept up my side of the conversation for another 15 or 20 minutes.

Walking as an unaccompanied woman late at night, you will attract more attention than at an earlier hour, but I fully understand wanting to avoid cars full of teenage boys on a T high. Going for walks en femme with a GG is a thousand times easier, and much less likely to attract attention than walking alone at night.

I went out for a walk around the block just before 1AM Wednesday morning this week. I only passed 2 pedestrians on my side of the street: an Oriental guy in his mid-late 20s, and a little old lady with one of those wheeled shopping thingies. I got zero reaction from the guy (which I count as a pass:)), but I'm not totally sure of the little old lady. It was a bit too dark to see her face properly, but I think she scowled at me. Who knows, maybe she scowls at everyone. :)

Robin

JoAnnDallas
09-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Congrads Jane......Many years ago, that was the only time frame, that I would go out all dressed up. Now I go out in the daylight and it's great. I mostly go for a drive or mabey stop and get gasoline, but I am out and people do see me. I once had a little girl who was in the back seat of her car wave to me. I smiled and waved back. I will say the first time I went out in the daylight was a little scary but then I noticed no one was paying much attention to me and I started to relax. Now when I go out for a drive, it's like I do this all the time. LOL

Marissa Mae
09-29-2006, 10:07 AM
I did a "early AM" walk once too a month back, wearing a short skirt, tight top and thigh high stiletto boots :) it was SO GREAT, the sound of heels on pavement makes me want to do it everynight! Heck, it makes me want to go out now (11:06 AM) and walk around, but we know that can't happen now ;)

The feeling is such a rush, knowing that you left the security of your house and if you are caught, you have to play the part!

Skyie
09-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Very brave of you, I guess if you are not sure whether to go out while dressed, night time is the best. Most people are asleep, its dark and your hidden plus if you meet anyone the chances are they will be stuttering back to their house completely drunk.

Marla
09-29-2006, 02:11 PM
I have taken a drive several times completely dressed and even in the day I don't think people really pay much attention. If you think about it, do you look closely at the people around you when you're driving? I think we see maybe hair and that's about it. In the car is a way of easing into going out without too much stress. I've actually gotten some real friendly looks from guys which is a real rush for a girl like me!

redsatinmaid
09-29-2006, 03:08 PM
The last time I took a late night walk I accidentally locked myself out since skirts dont have pockets for keys(oops)and then I had to wake up my landlord to let me in. Talk about a rush! :)

lauraanytime
09-29-2006, 03:18 PM
The first time out was a late night trip to the 24hr store. Went shopping with few stares (dont pass at all). All was great til the car would not start. Had to walk 3 miles home in my ho outfit w/ 5in pumps. Scared to death. thought I would never venture out again. Now I might do it on purpose.

pepsi
09-29-2006, 03:22 PM
congratulations. bet that hello from the girl felt great!.i have also gone out late at night mostly wearing black flared minis and black stockings so i dont stand out.last week was a new moon so i took advantage off the darkness and went out in the same outfit as my avitar,but with a pink fleece as well. trainers make no sound as you walk,so you usually hear people before they get too close.please be careful as late night walks are dangerous even for gg's>feels great to be outside a mixture of fear and excitement!

Paula Thomas
09-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Laura - This shows the value of keeping some drab clothes in the car (maybe a one-piece coverall and tennis shoes).

These will also come in handy if you are out in drag and need to change a flat tire.

Kate Simmons
09-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful adventure. Don't you love the sound of heels on a hard surface? Be careful out there at 1:00am.Yeah, a lot of "boogeymen" out at that time, not to mention gnomes, trolls and generally ugly looking thingies.:happy: Ericka

lauraanytime
09-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Now you tell me!

Kate Simmons
09-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Now you tell me!Well, these guys or whatever it is they are, are a bunch of pervs mostly (being male and all). I know from experience. Grabby bunch too!(or was that the guys at the club who were drunk? Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference!):happy: Ericka

Jasmine Ellis
09-29-2006, 06:28 PM
fantastic news I'm so happy for you, you did it you went out from your front door and walked about a bit. good for you

Dawn29680
09-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Happy for you. reminds me of the first time I went out for a late walk and the feel of the cool night air blowing up my skirt

Nina UK
09-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Well done Nicky, im getting closer to doing that myself. Did you wear make up as well when you went out???? (just asking). Is your avatar pic you???(or is it jst me being blonde) LOL. Think i may go out for an am walk tonight. Fell like getting a buzz.

chattaboxx
09-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Well done nicky jane,

one step can lead to another step ......enjoy yourself

Louise
{chattaboxx)

Nina UK
09-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Well im going to do it tonight, am going to get all dressed up very soon and venture out into the night as nina. Im very apprehensive but hey its gotta be done and i can imagine it being the biggest buzz of ninas life so far. so wish me luck girls and ill post to let you all know how i got on. :hugs:

Karren H
09-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Well....It will happen!!! Going out in the daylight is a blast....

Love Karren

KELLYANN
09-30-2006, 10:32 PM
GOOD FOR YOU GIRL! get out there, but be careful. know your surroundings.