PDA

View Full Version : Ballet slippers are awesome!!!

pinkpanther
09-29-2006, 12:55 AM
I've been wearing leather ballet slippers for over 30 years. My wife and I took an adult ballet class when we were going to university. My dance attire included a black leotard, dance belt, black Danskin tights and Capezio leather ballet slippers. It was fabulous dressing up and dancing with all those girls/women.
Since my late teens I have continued to wear leather ballet slippers on a continual basis. They are so flexible and comfortable. I have a pair of pink and 2 pair of black ballet slippers. My favorite slippers are my black Capezio Romeo split sole.
I wear my ballet slippers around the house, when we go to friends or relatives houses, in hotels when out of town on business and the local Chapters/Starbucks. I received many compliments from females on my ballet slippers. I wore my older/worn Bloch split sole ballet slippers with my Danier leather pants in the West Edmonton mall shopping. A sales associate at the Body Shop asked me if I those were ballet slippers. She commented that she wished she could convince her boyfriend to wear ballet slippers.

Stephenie S
09-29-2006, 08:33 AM
Dear Pink,

I agree, very comfortable (this is true for almost all dance shoes as they are so well made) and very pretty.

Lovies,
Steph

Grrrrr
09-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Phew! When I read the title of your post I thought you were referring to those hideous ballet shoes that have a 7" or 8" heel, truly disgusting and look awfully uncomfortable! :thumbsdn:

Geneva Lake
09-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Been wearing ballet flats since I was 10 and fell in love with them. Love wearing them in drab. They're just so much a part of me. Have lots of coloros, styles. Yum.
Gen :D

Randee
09-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Padding around the house in ballet slippers while wearing leotards and tights feels wonderful. I was the only guy in jazz/ballet class with my gf and wore leotards and tights from the first class, and continued for almost two years. I recommend it. The ladies were wonderful and expected me to be in leotards with them at every class.

Jasmine Ellis
09-30-2006, 04:22 PM
could you show us your Ballet slippers I don't have a pair of slippers and if I like them I may go out and buy

Karren H
09-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah....don't even know what they look like, well except the ballett shoes my daughter wore for ballett......you don't have to stand on your toes for any extended period of time do you? :)

Love Karren

pinkpanther
10-02-2006, 01:21 AM
My Capezio Romeo split sole leather ballet slippers are made of very soft leather that hug my foot like a glove. They are very light weight. They allow me the point and flex my foot. My wife has a pink pair and has used them to massage me.

Alayna
10-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Phew! When I read the title of your post I thought you were referring to those hideous ballet shoes that have a 7" or 8" heel, truly disgusting and look awfully uncomfortable! :thumbsdn:

lol, that's what I thought too!

tekla west
10-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I carrry my ballet flats with me to the dance clubs and change into them when I get there, triping the light fantastic

Snookums
10-02-2006, 03:54 PM
ballet slippers or ballet flats,I wear ballet flats often

Kerry Owens
10-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Ballet flats are one type but the other kind "en pointe" have a hard boxed toe point for the dancers who are at that level. It takes years of training before one graduates to en pointe.