PDA

View Full Version : What does the first time 'out' feel like?

Nicole24
10-01-2006, 08:07 AM
I have never been out as woman but it is somthing i really want to do.
At this moment im a little scared to do it as i am afraide of the reprocisions of been foung out.
I have a girly body (uk size 10). im thinking of getting myself a wig, practicing my make up and trying been out in the public. i know it must feel great but can any one give me any tips how to pull it off?

(im still learning as i have just started to let my dressing has become more a part of me. im still confused but who isnt.)

Carroll
10-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Take you time, build confidence in yourself first. No confidence will show like a strobe light at night. Read and gather information here and anywhere else you can find it. Take a look at a few of my first articles at the link below.
The number one thing is to have fun and be yourself

Deidra Cowen
10-01-2006, 08:30 AM
From my experiences and from all the times I have seen girls out for the first tiem which has happened a bunch I have noticed...

1) You are going to be nervous! Just overcome your fear, but realize that every other 'girl' that has gone out gets scared. I have gone just about everywhere dressed. Stores, bars, resturants, hotels, etc. But i still get nervous from time to time when I go to a new place.

2) Euphoria - Yeap, a very warm and fuzzy feeling of happyness will come over you. I see this too in new girls. For example lots of girls in Atlanta come to the STage Door Bar for their first time out. I can't count how many times I have seen one of those girls sitting on a bar stool or something with just a huge smile on their face! Its really neat. Wish I still got that feeling. :p

Phyliss
10-01-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm not any sort of expert in this but,.....on my first time "out" when shopping with my sister, (take along another who you trust) I held my head up high and "BELIEVED" in myself.
Of course I'd already done all of the late at night walks. had practiced my makeup ability and had carefully preselected the stores I was going to visit. They already knew I CDed just had to go there fully dressed. Once my confidence was established I felt only joy at being able to go where I wanted.

Karren H
10-01-2006, 09:36 AM
For me change nerveous to scared to death!!! More of a kind of mistrue of excited and scared....to the point I felt like I was going to pass out...

And your right, dot get that feeling anymore, just a really comfortable feeleing!!!

And you have nothing to be nerveous about, Deidra....your just so darn cute!! :D

Love Karren

Robin Leigh
10-01-2006, 10:02 AM
What's it feel like? Nerve-wracking & exhilarating. I guess it's a bit like sex or sky-diving. You have to have the experience yourself to really know. :p

At this moment im a little scared to do it as i am afraide of the reprocisions of been foung out.

I see that you have a supportive SO. That makes things much easier than someone without support, or with an SO who doesn't even know.
Who are you most afraid of finding out: the family, friends or work? If it is a chance that you will get outed, then take a drive out of town, or even go on a holiday somewhere else to have your adventure.

I have a girly body (uk size 10). im thinking of getting myself a wig, practicing my make up and trying been out in the public. i know it must feel great but can any one give me any tips how to pull it off?

Ask your gf to help you! If you ask her very nicely, I'm sure she'd be happy to teach you all the girly things you missed out on growing up. :) Learning how to stand & to walk like a GG are essential if you want to go outside & not get read instantly. Getting girl lessons from a GG is fun. :)

You will also be less conspicuous when you do go out if your gf is with you. And less nervous. :) GGs usually don't go out alone at night. If she feels uncomfortable in case you're recognized as a couple, she can get a wig too, like some of the GGs here do.

There are all sorts of great tips & "my first time out" stories here to inspire you. Just go back through the old posts. The Search function is your friend. :)

Take your time with this. Practice your makeup & feminine movement. Don't go outside until your confident with how you look. And your girlfriend is comfortable with it all, too.

(im still learning as i have just started to let my dressing has become more a part of me. im still confused but who isnt.)
Well, I'm less confused about all this stuff than I was thirty years ago, but it took some hard times & hard thinking to get here. :) With all the collective experience on this board, hopefully you younger girls will come to terms with your trans natures quicker than us of the older generations, and avoid making some of the mistakes that we made.

Robin

Kate Simmons
10-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Depends on your outlook, your confidence level and what you are trying to accomplish, Hon. My first extended time out was no big deal really, mostly because I wasn't worrying if I "passed" or not, just enjoyed being myself.:happy: Ericka

DeeInGeorgia
10-01-2006, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't have ever gone out if I had not had someone or a group to go with. For that matter, even after having been out a few times with a group, when I went out on my own to a WalMart, it took 3 tries before I went in (I could not get up enough nerve at 2 of the Walmarts before going to a smaller 3rd WalMart).

Good luck and I wish you the best, Stockings!

DeeInGeorgia

missy collins
10-01-2006, 11:58 AM
was a total turn on. kind of when you leap off a bridge bungee jumping. the thrill of no turning back excited me totally. shaky, yeah i was. but i guess what got me ahold of it was i just realized that im where i want to be. thus, just be yourself, feel comfortable that youve reached a new level and......enjoy.:love: missy

Stacie Stockman
10-01-2006, 12:17 PM
You are going to feel like your heart is going to pound its way out of your chest. You will think that any pair of eyes in a 12 mile radius will be looking straight at you. You will also think that anyone who knows you, from family and friends to coworkers to anyone you have possibly met will find an excuse to come by the street that you're on and see you.

I may sound if this is scary, but for me, it was the biggest and one of the best experiences of my adult life. For me it is like I was planting my own flag like Neil Armstrong saying "HERE, I AM!"

ClaireJ
10-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Scary
nerve racking,
heart stopping,
breath taking,
freakin awesome.

Finally Me!!

:happy:

Kristen Kelly
10-01-2006, 12:51 PM
From my experiences and from all the times I have seen girls out for the first tiem which has happened a bunch I have noticed...

1) You are going to be nervous! Just overcome your fear, but realize that every other 'girl' that has gone out gets scared. I have gone just about everywhere dressed. Stores, bars, resturants, hotels, etc. But i still get nervous from time to time when I go to a new place.

2) Euphoria - Yeap, a very warm and fuzzy feeling of happyness will come over you. I see this too in new girls. For example lots of girls in Atlanta come to the STage Door Bar for their first time out. I can't count how many times I have seen one of those girls sitting on a bar stool or something with just a huge smile on their face! Its really neat. Wish I still got that feeling. :p

I still get that way when I push the boundaries a little farther (see post http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=580709&postcount=10 ), I had been out Halloween many times before my going out to a club other than Halloween. Last Halloween I was brave enough to ride the train into NYC for the parade and going out dancing with a friend I had been chatting with on the Internet, After I was on a high for days, this started the change of accepting myself for who I am.

trannie T
10-01-2006, 02:25 PM
My first time out:
I was terrified,
I had a great time,
Everyone was nice to me,
It was fun,

I've had a wonderful experience everytime I've gone out dressed. I heard one negative comment on the street some years ago, but that is way out balanced by all the good times I've had.

Be strong girl, pull up your panties and do it, you'll have a good time.
Let us know how it goes.

Nigella
10-01-2006, 03:13 PM
What does the first time 'out' feel like?

In a nutshell - BLOODY SCARY

Sandra
10-01-2006, 03:29 PM
What does the first time 'out' feel like?

In a nutshell - BLOODY SCARY

But it does get eaiser. :)

Girly Sara
10-01-2006, 05:15 PM
The first time i went out enfemme, i was as nervous as hell BUT the knowledge i was dressed girly and being myself was a unique experience....loved it and still do!

Sara xxx

flatlander_48
10-01-2006, 05:28 PM

2) Euphoria - Yeap, a very warm and fuzzy feeling of happyness will come over you. I see this too in new girls. For example lots of girls in Atlanta come to the STage Door Bar for their first time out. I can't count how many times I have seen one of those girls sitting on a bar stool or something with just a huge smile on their face! Its really neat. Wish I still got that feeling.

I agree, but with one difference. I think it continually bounces between the two (nervousness and euphoria). As time goes on, there is less nervousness and something approaching euphoria. Neither nervousness or euphoria are states that humans can sustain, so as you become more comfortable it smoothes out...

flatlander_48
10-01-2006, 05:30 PM

Remember, Halloween is coming up (not sure if it is celebrated the same way in the UK however). Prime time for an excuse to dress and not have people go all weird.

Calliope
10-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Nothing like a nice, mellow walk through the park - or even just down a quiet street.

Most of the nerves come from 'what will people think'? Try to minimize contacts the first time. Serene Sunday streets.

And build from there.

Get a coffee at a spot you like. Stay within areas you know.

And build from there.

The key is self-possession. Once you have that, you can go anywhere. The tricky part is getting it in the first place. Little steps, mellow spots. And don't take a long vacation, it's like learning guitar - you gotta practice regularly.

[And don't use booze to steel your nerves. Bad crutch.]

Kate Simmons
10-02-2006, 05:25 AM
But it does get eaiser. :)I agree Sandra, The main thing is just to be yourself. If you go out worrying if you are going to be "made" by someone, you probably will be. I've also developed sort of an "attitude". I'm always ready to give a snappy "comeback" to any snide remarks. :happy: Ericka

AnnaMaria
10-02-2006, 05:53 AM
The first time I went out I was so scared I thought I would pee my panties before I got back to the hotel. I thought for sure that everyone was looking at me. Thank God I had my wife with me and she was a major help in keeping me calm.

But, the up side is that it gets easier everytime you do it. I have now been to a major mall near chicago and to a really nice dinner theater dressed and I also had my ears pierced where I actually had to show ID and the girl didn't say a word about the difference. Though I must say that the trips to the ladies room are still nerve racking at this point, but even they are getting easier.

Good Luck on your first time

Anna

trannynikki
10-02-2006, 06:38 AM
I'd say get it done-it's the best thing ever!
If you're still a novice at make up and hair, go to a really good dressing service-you won't recognize yourself.

Get a good look going with the hair and make up and the rest will follow-it's a question of individual style.

You're lucky as a size 10 and as long as you don't have size 15 feet and arms like Popeye you'll look gorj...

When you feel the breeze up your skirt (shave yer legs!) and hear the sound of your heels as you walk you'll know you made the right decision.

Good luck-whatever you decide
xx

Karren H
10-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Its a combination of terror and excitement all rolled into one....almost to the point of fainting, well at least it was for me!! So just remain calm, don't walk fast, don't over accentuate you fem movements. And above all, have fun with it!!

Those feelings aren't there anymore but have been relpaced with a comfortable feeling.....

Love Karren

Nicole24
10-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanky you all for sharing how you feel with me. you have all been a great help

JoAnnDallas
10-02-2006, 11:50 AM
It all depends on the type of outing you want to do. I have gone out after dark for many years, until last year, when I decided to start going out in the Daylight. First thing I did was walk out to the mail box and get the mail. My heart was in the mouth, heartbeat way way up, sweating, hperventilating, but guess what nothing happen. The world did not stop. Then the next thing I did was take a drive in my SUV. Look around for the posting I did on what to do/not do on a drive. Then I took a drive and stopped and put gasoline in the SUV. Each time I pushed myself to being more and more out.

My Advice, take it easy and slow. Each time you will build more comferedence and each time you will do more, stay out longer. Now sooner or later you will come face-to-face with the public. Hopefully by that time, you conferedence level will be high enough that you will take it in stride. Remember as long as you are dress as a lady, walk like a lady, act like a lady, most people will treat you as a lady. Above all remember you have the perfect right to be out, just like anyone else, dressed or not.

Emma England
10-02-2006, 11:56 AM
The excitement of the first time far exceeds the nervousness.

You just need confidence.

Sky
10-02-2006, 12:42 PM
I have never been out as woman but it is somthing i really want to do...i know it must feel great but can any one give me any tips how to pull it off?

Drink. A lot. Only for the first time.

Ok, keep on drinking after that. :lol:

Ranee Daze
10-02-2006, 02:17 PM
If you work hard on your total look, walk etc. and plan a smart, short and safe outing......well it's just that, totally addictive.

mollytyler
10-02-2006, 02:55 PM
As allthe other girls here have said....tak those little steps and gain the confidence....but remember to "dress to blend" with the other women out there. One confidence builder I use when helping a psych friend of mine with her gender patients is to have them wer BIG sunglasses......seems to act as a mental mask for them my hiding theie eyes and not having to worry about making eye contact. We work with them on those little steps by getting them out in the daylight and realizing that women come in all sahpes/sizes/looks.....it is scary....but that first step has to be taken.....just be cautious and safe where you take that first step. Do you have a GG freind to go out wiht?? Always another great "comfort" step to ease that first step out the door....hopefully that step has a nice strappy heel attached......think.....and go for it!!!1

tallyman
10-02-2006, 03:18 PM
my wife is going away for a week soon and althuough I have never gone out dressed as a woman I will be going out atb night I think you should go and do it if thats whayou want:love: :love:

Michaela:love:

tekla west
10-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Go easy, be comfortable. Don't start out at some top notch club, or a fancy hotel, or a huge downtown department store on sale day.

Remember the whole 'bleeding hearts and artists' deal. Little boho and student places, the entire range of Alt.culture, the freaks, the gays, the hippies, the rave deal, off-off Broadway plays, art galley, Art Institute, coffee shops, art house movie theatres (every large city has at least one). Also there are parks, long walks in the woods, strolling the beachs, hiking in the hills, long walks through town on early Sunday morning, before 10 you don't see anyone.

carend_99
10-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Honestly going out for the first time will be the scariest but most rewarding and eye opening experience.

Adrienne Heels
10-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Carry yourself with confidence even though you will be nervous. And don't feel you have to do a lot your first time.....there will be many more outings in the future.