PDA

View Full Version : womens jeans

noname
10-02-2006, 03:40 AM
So I was out after church eating lunch with everyone. When a young lady at my church got to talking about clothes. She mentions that guys are now buying womens jeans, and she finds it gross. Then she goes on to say, how womens jeans arn't comfy and her friends told her to just go out and buy guys jeans, but she hasn't had a chance to yet.

I'm sure many of you are thinking what I am. It's gross for guys to wear womens jeans, but your telling us how your about to go out and buy guys jeans. You know I came with in a hairs breath of saying, "I buy womens jeans."

She seemed baffled as to why a guy would do that. I said, "maybe he just likes the cut?" She rolled her eye back as if to say, 'oh please'. If I recal, less than 2 seconds ago you said you wanted guys jeans. Go figure.

Of course I can look at the bright side, it's not just me feeling style deprived.

Kate Simmons
10-02-2006, 03:55 AM
Sounds like she has a "double standard". Typical. The biggest difference (other than the cut) is the price. Women's anything is always more expensive than "so called" guy stuff. Can't please everyone, I guess, That's why I don't try.:happy: Ericka

Lisa Golightly
10-02-2006, 03:56 AM
I think I'd have told her to get out more.

Charleen
10-02-2006, 06:50 AM
I woulda called her on it, and had her explain why she thought it's gross for guys, yet O.K. for girls. It's always fun to hear that type hem and haw, and stutter when trying to justify their inane comments and prejudices. Love and xxxx, Lily

Karren H
10-02-2006, 06:56 AM
I like that lady....hehehe :D See, it's not just me that hates fem jeans.................

Love Karren

JoAnnDallas
10-02-2006, 08:33 AM
One of my neices admitted that she wears men's shirts instead of blouses, only because she has the drycleaned and it cost three times more to have a woman's blouse drycleaned. It has something to do with pressing machine is made for men's shirts and not womens's blouses

Girly Sara
10-02-2006, 08:45 AM
I think I'd have told her to get out more.

Exactly what i would have said!

Nicole Lee
10-02-2006, 08:47 AM
well, she may have a point since girls jeans are tight and guys jeans are well .. baggy and loose fitting, providing more comfort. but i still don't care and i prefer wearing girls low-rise jeans (and TIGHT too!), despite my body size and my gender. i like the look of them, and also they're not uncomfortable if they are stretchy. in fact, they can be pretty fun to stretch out at the crotch haha.

melissaabom
10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
I would rather buy womans jeans ..they are more comfortable
I have lotts of them ..

Melissa

Elly
10-02-2006, 12:30 PM
i personaly love womens jeans as they are lighter and more comfortable than my heavy, baggy mens jeans and the material is often softer than mens jeans, but personaly i prefer dresses and skirts as i love to have my clothes flair when i twirl...
honestly i never understood the double standards of clothing, like it's ok for girls to wear mens jeans but guys cant wear girls jeans, dresses, or skirts, and even more so it's ok for girls to wear mens briefs, boxers, ect., considered sexy even by a lot of guys, but a guy puts on panties and OMG!!! call the morality police, or a shrink since there's something obviousely mentaly wrong with guys in womens clothes, meh hypocrites, there's nothing wrong with us in womens clothes just as there's nothing wrong with them in mens except they're hypocrites...

noname
10-02-2006, 12:58 PM
I had a reason for not saying anything. I have been unemployeed since the beginning of the year and she is working trying to get me a job where she works. If it wasn't for that I don't think I could have held back. Although in some respects I think I said too much. As I mentioned maybe they like the cut. I also said, "well they are, 'mens' apparel". That comment didn't go over too well. This church is conservative and women should only wear skirts. Although she doesn't. Hope I didn't damage my chances of a job.

I haven't bought a pair of guy jeans this year. I don't like all the baggy extra fabric. You can get jeans that fit better, but they are not comfy as they dont' have any stretch of give to them.

Elly, Thanks for your comment. So true so true.

CaptLex
10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
it's ok for girls to wear mens briefs, boxers, ect., considered sexy even by a lot of guys
I think there will always be at least one guy somewhere who will consider just about anything sexy - a color for every taste, as Mom used to say (okay, it kind of loses something in translation but I hope you get the point).

It's interesting that I've heard a lot of women say men's jeans are more comfortable and they can't find a pair of women's jeans that fit right, and here the guys are saying that they prefer women's jeans. Maybe the manufacturer's should just switch labels on them. :heehee:

Donna Davis
10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
I like ladies jeans. I wear them all the time. I find that they are more comfortable that the mens styles. I have had only two comments on my jeans and both were good. Most of my daily wardrobe is completely feminine.

Snookums
10-02-2006, 03:59 PM
So I was out after church eating lunch with everyone. When a young lady at my church got to talking about clothes. She mentions that guys are now buying womens jeans, and she finds it gross. Then she goes on to say, how womens jeans arn't comfy and her friends told her to just go out and buy guys jeans, but she hasn't had a chance to yet.

I'm sure many of you are thinking what I am. It's gross for guys to wear womens jeans, but your telling us how your about to go out and buy guys jeans. You know I came with in a hairs breath of saying, "I buy womens jeans."

She seemed baffled as to why a guy would do that. I said, "maybe he just likes the cut?" She rolled her eye back as if to say, 'oh please'. If I recal, less than 2 seconds ago you said you wanted guys jeans. Go figure.

Of course I can look at the bright side, it's not just me feeling style deprived.
noname,jeans are jeans,I believe things would be easier if clothes,and shoes were unisex

JoAnnDallas
10-02-2006, 04:04 PM
God....I hope she doesn't want to ware some of the male jeans I have seen some wear around here. They have to keep on hand on their waist or the jeans would slid all the way down. I can not stand to see a young man walking down the street with his jeans almost at the bottom of his ass checks.
Pardon my french......

Angie G
10-02-2006, 04:04 PM
I hate all jeans so I wear skirt & dresses all I can :hugs:
Angie

NighttimeGirl
10-02-2006, 04:05 PM
I like that lady....hehehe :D See, it's not just me that hates fem jeans.................

Love Karren

no Karen fem jeans are wicked!! ;)

love em just got me some more today

Jenna1561
10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
I wear women's jeans because for me they really are better fitting and much more comfortable. I'm a big person and guy's jeans have way too much room and fabric in the crotch/thigh area. Women's jeans are less spacious in that area (go figure!) and fit me better.

I also like the stretch fabric, designs on the pockets/legs, and colors.

Jenna

Deidra Cowen
10-02-2006, 06:21 PM
I luv femme jeans...and they fit better since I have a big bootie for a guy. :tongueout But I wear regular old boy levi's when in boy mode.

janelle
10-02-2006, 06:37 PM
You should have asked her why its ok for her to buy male jeans but a guy not to get women's jeans. I hate double standards.
I know on blowing off steam about this.Thanks dear.
:love: Janelle

Jodi
10-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Most all of my jeans for daily wear are women's jeans. I buy the kind with lycra stretch. Once you wear stretch jeans, you will never go back to straight cotton ones. So far, to my knowledge, no male jeans are made with lycra stretch. I wonder how long it will take the manufacturers to get the hint on men's jeans.

Jodi

Rachel Morley
10-02-2006, 08:19 PM
I love girl's jeans. To me they seem to be the complete opposite of guy 's ones. They're usually tighter fitting, there's a little stretchy-ness in the material and shaped with sometimes pretty details instead of loose, baggy, shape-less and mahe of a thicker material. Femme jeans rock! :happy:

Karren H
10-02-2006, 08:59 PM
no Karen fem jeans are wicked!! ;)

love em just got me some more today

If wicked = evil....I agree!! hehehe

Love Karren

serinalynn
10-02-2006, 09:22 PM

I don't think that there is anything gross about it. I wear womens jeans everyday, and I buy them all from the same store, Lane Bryant. www.lanebryant.com I buy Boot flares, I buy low rise, I buy supreme boot flares, and I buy their Seven7 designer styles, all are very comfortable and wear well.
In this age I believe, it doesn't matter what you wear or where you bought it. The only thing that matters is if you are comfortable in the clothes that you have on.

cutbait
10-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Maybe the manufacturer's should just switch labels on them. :heehee:

no more rum for the cap. that is just not funny. you know that that prosses would be a slow one. and not all would be on board. now you have the head ach of which brand is being truthfull to there lables, and weather these 14p would fit me the same as that pair of 32 30's...
lperish the thought.

noname
10-02-2006, 10:09 PM
I should have specified, by silver lining, I meant that, I'm not the only wanting different style jeans. I didn't try them on but I saw some guys skinny leg jeans at hot topic. My wife commented on how she saw these two young guys wearing super tight stretch jeans.

Really though, I'm not surprised. Baggy jeans have been in style if you will since 1990. I know I never liked them the day they arrived and always bought the relaxed fit, so they weren't super baggy. I suspect other guys in my age range are a bit tired of it as well.

I don't think she realizes that the denim is actually heavery and does not have any stretch. It may be comfy once in a while on a cold fall night if your going to cozy on the couch and watch a movie. But I suspect she won't like them for any amount of time. She's one of these girls that has a skinny waist but super wide hips, and without stretch, she'll probably have to buy a larger size than she would like. Secondly, I have one word for her, well two, 'summer heat'. I'm sure she'll be happy to switch back to her gouchos and skirts.

Anyway, you all get the idea. I wear womens jeans and I get some second glances. I suspect people are trying to figure out if they are girl jeans are not. But really should it matter? They are jeans people, freeking jeans.

loriannetucson
10-03-2006, 01:23 AM
I just love to wear women's jeans all the time because I can wear jeans and get away with it without getting too many glances. I have started wearing my tighter fitting women's jeans at work and have been getting some glances, and even one comment from a guy who said, "Man, you wear tight jeans!" and proceeded to show my coworkers how I wear jeans by pulling his pants up his crotch and walking around (like walking with a wedgie). I laughed, told him he was (bleep bleep) for looking at my legs and butt, then the topic changed. I know I'm almost out at work, but I don't care at this point. I think I want to be outed as a crossdresser. At this point, I'm pretty sure most people know already.

Jodi
10-03-2006, 07:11 PM
I just love to wear women's jeans all the time because I can wear jeans and get away with it without getting too many glances. I have started wearing my tighter fitting women's jeans at work and have been getting some glances, and even one comment from a guy who said, "Man, you wear tight jeans!" and proceeded to show my coworkers how I wear jeans by pulling his pants up his crotch and walking around (like walking with a wedgie). I laughed, told him he was (bleep bleep) for looking at my legs and butt, then the topic changed. I know I'm almost out at work, but I don't care at this point. I think I want to be outed as a crossdresser. At this point, I'm pretty sure most people know already.

I think I would have faced the dude and asked very loudly--why are you so interested in whether I'm wearing tight jeans?

Jodi