PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety attacks

Katie Ellen
10-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Did anyone else suffer from anxiety attacks when you were in your teens?

When I was 15 or 16, one day I suddenly felt trapped at school and felt I had to run. I ended up in therapy for years. I couldn't wait in long lines or be anywhere that I couldn't just leave without making a scene. I had been crossdressing at home for a couple of years, but the subject never came up in therapy and I was too scared to bring it up.

Did anything like that happen to you?

Julie York
10-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Yes. But I was 21. Stil bothers me even today, a lot of years later.

I don't think it has any relation to CDing (unless we are all highly strung).

luv2dress
10-02-2006, 10:49 AM
My wife suffered of panic attack and anxiety problem since 3 years. She is followed by a psychiatrist and had a congnitive comportmantal therapy.
in panic attack you have 10 different level of panic and she was at the worst one, at level 10. She couldnt make the grocery, couldnt go to the interac machine cause of the bip bip noise, couldnt drive a car anymore and more. Life been very rough for a while but she feel better and better. I dont wish that to nobody. But my wife is a strong woman and i admire her for being what she is. :love:

Karren H
10-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Not like that but used to get these dibiliting headaches....when I was a Senior in high school. And I was crosdressing at night, at home alone... But the headachs would always happen when I was with the GF and I we were in the back seat of the old car, having some fun!! :D. Went to the doctor and told him most of the story.....less the crossdressing part.... Said it was stress from the up coming graduation and the GF!! And it would pass and it did!!

Love Karren

Sandra
10-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I have only ever had one real bad panic attack and ended up at A&E it scared the s*** out of me. The DRs told me it was stress related I eased up on what was causing the stress which was family related and nothing to do with Nigellas CDing and not had any more attacks.

StephanieH
10-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Yep, I've had a problem with panic attacks off and on since Jr. High, and that's been a long time ago! On some meds for it now and go to therapy a couple times a year. I do tend to think most who CD are wound up a little tighter than those who do don't feel the urge. Can't imagine why we would be stressed, eh? Good luck! :D

Ellisia_Lynch
10-02-2006, 03:08 PM
I went through 5 years of hell with this when my wife started having them.

The doctors only made things worse and their only solution was medication. I have nothing but contempt for some of the doctors that insisted she take benzodiazapines and antidepressants as a solution. It literally nearly killed her.

After 5 years, the internet essentially saved my wife's life when Yahoo! had a news article about vitamin B12 being linked to anxiety & panic attacks. After following up this lead we eventually found out she had Gluten Intolerance / Celiac Disease. This is a very common allergy to wheat & grains which can not only be found in bread etc. but also in most processed foods. The medical profession are totally clueless about this, but their are whole communities like crossdressers.com for it. Gluten allergies are responsible for all kinds of illnesses with anxiety and depression being classic symptoms.

I highly recommend anyone with anxiety to look into this - my wife has known about it for 2 years, has altered her diet accordingly and has made a total recovery. She still craves wheat based foods, and it's quite alarming how within hours of eating it, all the symptoms come straight back.

Ellisia

Snookums
10-02-2006, 03:49 PM
during my teen years my anxiety was caused by my brutally violent dad,when he found out I liked wearing mommies heels,he tried to cure me with beatings with occasional trips to the emergency room for severe nose bleeds.
he's dead now but he still scares me,I believe one never gets over that.

GG Vanya
10-02-2006, 04:11 PM
I went through 5 years of hell with this when my wife started having them.

The doctors only made things worse and their only solution was medication. I have nothing but contempt for some of the doctors that insisted she take benzodiazapines and antidepressants as a solution. It literally nearly killed her.

After 5 years, the internet essentially saved my wife's life when Yahoo! had a news article about vitamin B12 being linked to anxiety & panic attacks. After following up this lead we eventually found out she had Gluten Intolerance / Celiac Disease. This is a very common allergy to wheat & grains which can not only be found in bread etc. but also in most processed foods. The medical profession are totally clueless about this, but their are whole communities like crossdressers.com for it. Gluten allergies are responsible for all kinds of illnesses with anxiety and depression being classic symptoms.

I highly recommend anyone with anxiety to look into this - my wife has known about it for 2 years, has altered her diet accordingly and has made a total recovery. She still craves wheat based foods, and it's quite alarming how within hours of eating it, all the symptoms come straight back.

Ellisia

What a coincidence. I was reading an article about this very thing in Readers' Digest last night. (this month's issue: Diseases most often misdiagnosed by doctors)

JoAnnDallas
10-02-2006, 04:13 PM
And all this time I thought I was just paranoid..........

janedoe311
10-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Depression and anxiety. I spend the day in bed can not deal with kids or spouse. I know it is a strain on my spouse.

Sometimes it is just depression other times stress, face and muscles are tense, heart rate is high and feel it in my chest. Feel like I am going to have a stroke. Had a stress EKG so I know my heart and arteries are ok.

Not sure what to do about it. Happened this weekend was set off because I could not find something I needed to finish some work on the house. Seems that it takes less and less to set it off. Think I am getting closer to a nervous break down.

Joy Carter
10-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Had panic attacks for several years but with medication and counseling I came out alright. It was tough to deal with the panic and deal with the the public on a daily basis on my job, but I had to work to pay the doctors. The doctor said it was "Delayed Stress Syndrome".

Ellisia_Lynch
10-02-2006, 04:30 PM
What a coincidence. I was reading an article about this very thing in Readers' Digest last night. (this month's issue: Diseases most often misdiagnosed by doctors)

Great! Word really needs to spread about this. Everyone knows about nut allergies and lactose intolerence, but I wouldn't mind betting this is bigger than both of them. - We were never meant to eat grains & it was only after they discovered how to process them that they became non toxic.

I wonder where I can get a copy of Readers' Digest?

janedoe311
10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Dr Feingold at http://www.feingold.org/ found that some food additives, food colors and flavors and preservatives can behave like drugs in some people.

Red food coloring and vanillin (artificial vanilla) causes our kids to complete become different people, it is scary. Some foods with silicates in foods case them to have potty accidents, lemon juice for one.

USDA, FDA, CDC and doctors are clueless or are covering it up. Billions are made in these oil products, (yes most artificial food additives are made from oil). Billions are made from treating so called diseases that are caused or triggered by foods and food additives. So the medical and drug industry has alot to fear from "natural" cures, especially if food additives are causing disease like sympoms.

I am sure I am sensitive to these but have not narrowed it down to which ones set me off, other that red food dye, (know that one is a problem.)

Ellisia_Lynch
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Dr Feingold at http://www.feingold.org/ found that some food additives, food colors and flavors and preservatives can behave like drugs in some people.

Red food coloring and vanillin (artificial vanilla) causes our kids to complete become different people, it is scary. Some foods with silicates in foods case them to have potty accidents, lemon juice for one.

USDA, FDA, CDC and doctors are clueless or are covering it up. Billions are made in these oil products, (yes most artificial food additives are made from oil). Billions are made from treating so called diseases that are caused or triggered by foods and food additives. So the medical and drug industry has alot to fear from "natural" cures, especially if food additives are causing disease like sympoms.

I am sure I am sensitive to these but have not narrowed it down to which ones set me off, other that red food dye, (know that one is a problem.)

Keep plugging away Jane - don't let the doctors tell you they know what it is and to just accept it. Keep researching. The answer is out there on the internet.

It was easy to laugh at Tom Cruise when he went off at Matt Lauer, but he did kind of have a point...

I'm looking forward to Michael Moore's new movie 'Sicko'.

Ellisia

vbcdgrl
10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Not in my teens, but I was diagnosed with clinical depression in '01. I also spent a couple of months lying in bed all day. I had suicidal thoughts and had no interest in any activities, including CDing. I purged my CD wardrobe because I thought, if I take my own life, I don't want anyone to find this stuff. I came very close to selling my vintage sports car. The world was closing in on me. My X, bless her heart, force me to see a shrink(Psychaitrist). He immediately prescribed an anti-depressant drug, which, within a month, had me almost back to normal. Worked for me!

Vikki

AmberTG
10-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Only had a couple of anxiety attacks, after my dad died. I can tell you about long term, undiagnosed clinical depression and the ups and downs that go with it. I currently take a small dose of a SSRI that really helps keep me out of the darkness of deep depression. Plus, I have a great therapist!

Billijo49504
10-03-2006, 12:48 AM
I'm still not real comfortable in some social situations. My stomach used to get upset. And I would get the shakes. I'm better now, but still not able to handle some situations well...BJ

Charleen
10-03-2006, 06:04 AM
And all this time I thought I was just paranoid..........

Just be cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!
I was depressed most of my life. Got help finally and between counciling and meds, I came out of it. Did have a panic attack in the ninth grade. Wound up in the hospital as I couldn't keep anything down. Low and behold, when i found out that the school was going to give a pass on my finals and I was promoted to the tenth grade, the stomach problems cleared up!
Love and xxxx, Lily

Kate Simmons
10-03-2006, 06:13 AM
I think most of us have had anxiety attacks of one form or another. What I've learned to do is focus on the problem and face it squarely so I can demystify it. Nothing is that bad it can't be dealt with. This puts me in control of my "anxiety" rather than vice versa.:happy: Ericka/Rich

lahr
10-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Yes ive had many and its the stress of every day life that cause them and not cross dressing. Maybe us CDrs are more in touch with our own feelings as well as the feelings of others. 911 affected me for life. Columbine, The bombing of the federal bulding out west and lately the execution style killings at the Amish school house in Pa. All innocent people murdered while just living life. My wife and I have been thru counseling and when either of us has an attack we pop a .5 mg Attivan. They work and are not addictive but Please Please. be carefull and dont over do em. ..Lahr & Wife.