PDA

View Full Version : Stockings and Sandals

Marissa Mae
10-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Hello everyone, hope all is well! :love:

I finally got up the nerve to go to Target and Walmart tonight, and I actually purchased something! Some satin stretch panties and some sheer black, back seam thigh-high stockings for my Halloween outfit. :D They need a garter belt, which should be here any day now :happy:

So I got home and in a flash I was in my new buys! Then I put on the heels I am going to be wearing for Halloween, and I noticed that my feet slid around in the shoes because of the stockings. Is there any way to stop this? I already have them buckled pretty tight, but it still happens :o I love feeling vulnerable and all, but I don't want to break my ankles!

Any solutions, ladies? :hugs:

lauraanytime
10-02-2006, 05:15 PM
nice problem to have. All my shoes barely fit (size 13).

Kenix
10-02-2006, 05:19 PM
It is funny that you mentioned Walmart and Target. I went to both places. I wanted a pair of leather pumps in Target but they don't have size 11 in stock. I got a couple bottles of nail polishes at Walmart.

Marissa Mae
10-02-2006, 05:27 PM
I ALMOST sprung for a pair of patent wedge sandals at Target, but I am not sure I can fit a size 11 womens :( I wear a size 11.5 mens, so 11 is not really an option, but being that they are sandals, I may have to go back and try them out!

Lilith Moon
10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
I ALMOST sprung for a pair of patent wedge sandals at Target, but I am not sure I can fit a size 11 womens :( I wear a size 11.5 mens, so 11 is not really an option, but being that they are sandals, I may have to go back and try them out!

I like sandals, partly because they are more size tolerant than shoes. My wife has a pair of nice blue ones that look and feel OK on me, even though my feet are much bigger. They are actually unisex sandals and I tried to get a similar pair for myself but had no luck with the color. The blue were sold out and I settled for a grey pair that are nowhere near so cute.

AprilMae
10-02-2006, 06:23 PM
I think there are some kind of pads you can put on the bottom of the shoe to keep from sliding around. Maybe Dr Scholl's?

Bernadina
10-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Yes, there are several brands of insoles and pads designed for womens shoes. Check out your local drugstore.

Jodi
10-02-2006, 06:58 PM
A popular brand of toe area pads are "Footpetals". They give cushion and keep the foot from sliding forward.

Jodi

Jennifer Giovannetta
10-02-2006, 07:05 PM
I love sandals and stockings!!! I do not know what to do about your feet slipping around in them with stockings. I just deal with it.
Its so funny that you all were talking about target, I just got my black patent mary janes from target today. I wore them with a skirt and they look so cute. But there is nothing like wearing a pair of sexy sandals bare with a skirt though!!!!!!!!

jessicaparrot
10-02-2006, 07:08 PM
my so works at target. so I get a discount. got to love Target

Snookums
10-02-2006, 07:21 PM
if I wear sandals and knee highs or panty hose I have to buy them 1/2 size smaller so my feet wont slide aroundgood way to break them in if they're leather:jumping:

trannie T
10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
To answer your question about your feet sliding around in your sandals; try using adhesive tape, the cloth backing is not as slippery as the regular insole.

vbcdgrl
10-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Your shoes are too big!

Vikki

Glenda58
10-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Real GGs don't wear stocking with sandles that a fashion nono:eek:

AprilMae
10-02-2006, 07:46 PM

Real GG's don't seem to wear stockings at all anymore. :(

And there is nothing wrong with a black or dark blue or purple cocktail dress with some off black hose and black strappy heels. No matter what the Fashion Police say.

Glenda58
10-02-2006, 08:04 PM
April your right they do look great with a dark cocktail dress a little sexy really:sorry:

AprilMae
10-02-2006, 08:17 PM
April your right they do look great with a dark cocktail dress a little sexy really:sorry:

Awww don't be sorry. just put on some sandals and stockings.:happy:

Marissa Mae
10-03-2006, 03:39 PM

I found that out yesterday after reading some more on here! :eek: So I am happily searching for some new Babydoll High heel pumps :D What a great excuse to get more shoes, right?! These are what I am looking at:

http://pierresilber.com/babhigheel.html

Stupid question, but would these slip off my feet when I if I am wearing the stockings? And, if I am barely a size 12 in mens (more like 11.5), should I buy these in 13?

AlysonCD
10-03-2006, 04:01 PM
If you are worried about them slipping off your feet, why not get the 4 inch ones that have the strap on them? They look almost the same
http://pierresilber.com/highheels2.html

krisybryant
10-03-2006, 04:11 PM
I have a similar problem. Heel slip. I looked around the net for some shoe pads and found a ton of 'junk' like 'toe pedals' ??? Anyway, I was in WalMart (my nemisis) and saw some Dr. Sholls Heel Liners for a pretty good price so I got them. They help if all you're doing is slipping out the back. I might try putting them in the toes too to see if that stop forward slip. You'll find them in the pharmacy section in foot care - not the shoe section.

http://www.drscholls.com/product.aspx?prodid=32

Marissa Mae
10-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Good find sister! I have a day or 2 to decide, so we shall see!

For anyone that wears pumps, do you find that your feet come out when you walk? Would I need the straps?

pedalpusher
10-13-2006, 12:22 PM
If you are worried about them slipping off your feet, why not get the 4 inch ones that have the strap on them? They look almost the same
http://pierresilber.com/highheels2.html

Go to Payless for those, Fioni usually has a good selection of the strappy sandals. I do a lot of my shopping at Walmart and Target. They have nice selection in shoes, accessories(spelling terrible) and clothing. Great prices I might add:happy:

silkyheels
10-13-2006, 12:29 PM
We don't have Walmart in England. It sounds like we're missing out! xx

pedalpusher
10-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Depends on what type of dresser you are. Walmart is good for your basic type girly clothes, really not the exotic type. Cheap as well, as Walmart is a huge discount type store. Similar to K-Mart, only on a much larger scale.

Bonnie D
10-13-2006, 12:57 PM
I can't see how you can use any type of pads on sandals without them showing. A smaller shoe size is my only suggestion.

Bonnie

susan elizabeth
10-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Hi Callie,
I had the same problem. I wear a ladies 10 wide in heels, and when I boought some sandals I walked right out of them even without hose.
So now, I just buy my sandals in 10D (medium) and I can wear them with or without hose with no problem.

Susan

... my favorite shoes are a pair of "quarter straps" with 2 3/4" heels. super comfy and feel perfectly natural to walk in.

Danni Barron
10-13-2006, 05:53 PM
We don't have Walmart in England. It sounds like we're missing out! xx

ASDA in UK is Walmart. :2c:

flatlander_48
10-13-2006, 06:07 PM
ASDA in UK is Walmart.

I would have said that Wal-Mart = Tesco, approximately...

Karren H
10-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Spray adhesive!!! hehehe

Love Karren