PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of shaving... I have an embarassing one...

StephanieCD
12-29-2004, 09:03 PM
So, I have an embarassing shaving question... my GF decided the first "babystep" she'd like to take is letting me shave my body - all of it if it bothers me :) I have to quote her, it was a nice thing to say... she said "well I suppose the first thing we should do is get you comfortable in your own skin" - not bad for a newbie, eh? ;)

Anyway - my embarassing question... nice legs or not I've got one grasspile of an ass... I've never shaved it - let alone where the sun never reaches... but it's damned ugly. How does one clearcut this cavernous region of their landscape? Does the hair return in a painful way that abraids me when I walk? Should I wash my rearview with harsh chemicals? I'm afraid I'm e'er so sensitive in my darkest corner but I'd so like it if the underbrush weren't so thick. Or is this best left "ass is"?

Get the idea? ;)

Stephanie Brooks
12-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Well Stephanie,

You might get a beard trimmer. Don't laugh, they work. You can remove the heavy growth with the beard trimmer, then finish it with a razor. They're also great w/ legs if you've got a full growth of hair on them.

Frankly I'd stay clear of the chemistry set. Depilatories make your legs nice and smooth, but:

1. They're designed for your legs, nothing else.

2. They're harsh.

Regardless of which way you go, when "spring" returns to the nether regions, you're likely to get ingrown hairs. They're inevitable. Some swear by loofas, I swear at them. My experience has been (wrt legs, anyway) that my legs recover much quicker w/o the loofa. In theory, the loofa prevents ingrown hairs by scraping the skin surface, but I've done much worse with one than without.

Ya know, you and your GF could have a bit of fun with hair removal. Just save the wine for AFTER shaving is complete. :p

StephanieCD
12-29-2004, 09:26 PM
So there's no magic pixie to come wax my ass crack while I sleep? Like the tooth fairy? The Wax Fairy? What if I sleep with my ass under my pillow?

What about this guy? He's got wings!
http://www.fairylove.com/images/galleryImages/fairyloveFamily/Pops-Fairy.jpg

Tamara Croft
12-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Most (I won't say all as it's not been proven) ingrown hairs can be avoided if you exfoliate your skin at least once a week. It's a tad more gentle than a loofa :eek: But do remember to moisturise your skin afterwards as exfoliating can dry out the skin if you don't put some moisture back into it.

Tamara x

KewTnCurvy GG
12-29-2004, 10:22 PM
So there's no magic pixie to come wax my ass crack while I sleep? Like the tooth fairy? The Wax Fairy? What if I sleep with my ass under my pillow?

What about this guy? He's got wings!
http://www.fairylove.com/images/galleryImages/fairyloveFamily/Pops-Fairy.jpg
:D :D :D
hugs
kew

Georgette
12-29-2004, 10:27 PM
I know the first time I shaved there it was pure H-ll, but with a mirror and some bralle shaving I accomplished wahat I started. I use Avenno and it seems to work great after shaving also even when I don't shave I use it after showering, damn I really have smooth skin and the leg hair has finally slowed down in groth the only place I have problems is theBUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT,LOL :rolleyes:

Sharon
12-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Simple -- fill a large bowl with Nair and sit in it!

DanaJ
12-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Just go get a Brazillian - they pour on the hot wax....and rriiippppppp it all out.

DanaJ

ashley82
12-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Ok, so can anyone post some instructions on the best way to exfoliate? I've been battling ingrowns, so it would be most helpful.

Rachelle A
12-29-2004, 10:37 PM
I also use Avenno on my face after I shave. Today I was at the Dior counter at Macy's, sampling various shades of foundation. The Cosmetician who was waiting on me said that I had very smooth skin on my face while she worked with the cosmetic sponges. I thanked her for the kind comment and told her it is hard to take care of a face that gets shaved everyday. I believe in a daily regimen of cleaning, hydrating and moisturizing. One of these days I may be able to afford facial laser hair removal and be done with it! :)

Rachelle A
12-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Importance of Exfoliation
Exfoliation of the skin is an important step in cleansing the face and body. It can remove the dead skin cells that accumulate on the top layer of the epidermis. These dead cells build up on the skin and can block pores, trapping the oils inside. Exfoliation will remove this layer and allow the skin to breathe.

Types of Exfoliators
Mechanical Peelings - These types of exfoliators can be comprised of hard ground botanical or natural products, such as apricot seed, micronized silicate or hardened wax crystals. These are usually in a cream base. This is the most common type of product for home use. It is called a 'one phase peeling' because it is directly applied to wet skin and easily rinsed away. The 'mechanical' term is used since your fingertips do the work in scrubbing the skin. There are two types of mechanical peelings:

Peelings that dry on the skin - The amount of drying time influences the peeling effect. The longer the drying time, the better the exfoliation.

Peelings which do not need to dry on the skin - These peelings are workable immediately after application and remain in a 'wet' state.

Enzyme Peelings - These peelings contain ingredients natural enzymes that have an exfoliation effect on the skin. Some examples are pancreas, almond bran, and orange oil. These products are extremely beneficial for those with mature, problem, and oily/unclean skin types. Dead or mature cells are removed, pigmentation spots and discolorations can become lightened, and overall appearance is enhanced with this type of treatment.

How to Exfoliate
In general most people will only need to exfoliate their skin once each week. Since facial tissue is delicate, it is not recommended that exfoliation creams, washcloths, or other harsh abrasives be used on a daily basis. Over-washing and too much exfoliation can damage the skin causing redness, irritation, peeling, and dryness.

You should choose the right kind of exfoliator for your skin type. Gently work the exfoliation cream into a moistened face in upward circular movements. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and follow with the use of a Toner or continue on with a facial treatment.

Good Luck

Marlene4a
12-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Oh, this is easy, just go to your local beauty store and you can purchase one of those "ass crack" shavers. You can adjust the machine to fit the cheeks of your butt, and the "business" part actually shaves the crack, applies the foam, and the water bag part sprays the water, and leaves you clean and smooth. Apply towel as required for drying.

By the way, if you make the purchase at your local drugstore, you should call first.

Then, you should ask the pharmacist if it is in stock, since it is a specialty item. And again, it may be a prescription item. Not sure.

All for $19.95

DanaJ
12-29-2004, 11:00 PM
This might help too..... for those hard to reach areas...

Tamara Croft
12-29-2004, 11:08 PM
I think Rachelle just about covered it there some excellent advice :)

Just to add a little bit more.. a bit of advice about toners. They are alcohol based and can be very drying to the skin. With all products the best way to remove them is with dampened cotton wool except exfoliant, use a damp mitten or flannel to remove it. To remove the excess exfoliant, apply a few drops of the toner to dampened cotton wool as this dilutes it and is much kinder to your skin. Pat this dry with a tissue. Then apply your moisturiser.

Tamara x

Tamara Croft
12-29-2004, 11:12 PM
"ass crack" shavers ~ ask the pharmacist if it is in stock

You quite sure?? Just go in and ask for an ass crack shaver???? :p

I can just see their face!!!

Tamara x

Tristen Cox
12-30-2004, 02:34 AM
Just go in and ask for an ass crack shaver????

"Why sure! we've got the Pro-Speed 60 shaver, would you like me to hold that for you :eek: And you name? ":eek: :eek: :eek:

Donna Louise
12-30-2004, 06:18 AM
I tried shaving my nether reigons. Was it ever prickly when it grew back. I have tried it several times and always the prickles.

I use a beard trimmer to trim it down then set on the closest setting. I don't get prickles or ingrown hairs. There is the drawback it is not being as smooth as a baby's bottom. It is the middle ground for me.

I have a hard enough time with the back of the knees. The back side, well can you imagine nicking back there? Ouch! Been there, done that. :eek:

Best of luck
Donna Louise