PDA

View Full Version : Brain babble on CD obeservations in pop culture

StephanieCD
12-29-2004, 09:17 PM
So I've noticed over the years an incredibly high number of references to crossdressing in modern culture - most often in a humorous, defacing sense but frequent, still. Most days I hear a comment about it on TV at least once - the other night it was on the Simpsons and in a commercial I saw for an upcoming show. And there was one a day for three days after that! And friends often make jokes or something, too!

I wonder if this is like the thing where if you tell someone not to think of blue elephants its the first thing they think of... do I notice it so much because I dress and have a secret? I'm careful not to point out my observation because I think pointing it out admits its on my mind :) I do seem to notice things more when they're on my mind... but "they" don't need to know! I also think I've noticed a trend in that the people who control the media are, largely, creative people... animators, in particular, are quite fond of the panties and garter belt under the clothes gag. And some of the best comedians ever did it with heels on. One of the writers of the matrix is undergoing SRS - they say the next project they do will be by "The Wachowskys" rather than "The Wachowsky Brothers" - Great modern artists like Warhol gender bend all the time... It goes on but I haven't tied it all together yet. Just an interesting babble as I some times do to myself - thought I'd share lol

Nikki A.
12-30-2004, 02:19 AM
It seems that I've noticed it more also. I also wonder if it's because it is on my mind and I pick it out or if it is more prevalent.

christine55
12-30-2004, 03:48 AM
There is still alot of ignorant trash about cd's on the media but I have noticed more and more low key articles and comments in various places which show that there is a growing number of people who do know that we are not Jerry Springer type freaks. We are different but then again who isn't?
Hugs, Christine

Vallari
12-30-2004, 03:58 AM
I've noticed CD issues more in media too. I agree that they are usually in a negative manner. Especially in movies it seems they often include CD'ing with pedophiles or wierdos (depends on the character). Take the movie Joe Dirt or Little Nicky for example. I really wish they would make CD'ing come across as more of a lifestyle then a just a fetish or something negative. I understand its not their job to protect us but since they have such a big impact on how people percieve us (becauses many believe most of what they hear just because it was "on tv"), they should at least portray CD'ing in a more positive manner.

Kaye_martin
12-30-2004, 08:01 AM
......they should at least portray CD'ing in a more positive manner.

I second that!

kaye_martin