PDA

View Full Version : Good expirence at Lane Bryant!

Jean*
10-03-2006, 07:28 AM
After reading so many messages here about how some stores are really helpful to their customers, I finally got up the nerve to ask the sales associate at a suburban Lane Bryant store, if I could try on some clothes. She was very helpful, and took me to some fitting rooms that were somewhat secluded from the main sales floor. (I was in drab). Anyway, the 2 sales people were very kind, and never hesitated to help me. Goes to show as others have said, they just want sales.

Thanks to all of you for telling your stories, which gave me enough nerve to do it. It was exilerating. I may try it again today at another mall.

Nikki A.
10-03-2006, 07:45 AM
It just shows, if you are a paying customer and show respect, you get respect. You're not the first probably and won't be the last.
My first time in a store I was scared as hell but with the inspiration from the others I asked, she helped and when I came out I said it didn't fit she told me to come back in a few weeks they were going to be ordering larger sizes.
SOOOO what did you buy?

june58
10-03-2006, 07:55 AM
Also went to Lane Bryant to buy some stockings and had read some really good things about Lane Bryant on this forum. So while I was there I very nervously asked the sales lady if she could measure me for a bra. She took me to a dressing room and was very professional and polite. Great experience and store.

EricaCD
10-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Good for you! (And also good for Lane Bryant!) Thanks for sharing :)

Erica

terrigurl
10-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I personally have had good luck at Lane Bryand, particularly with large size rings. It is not close to my house, however, so I usually go to Avenue stores. There the associates are very friendly, and I have gone several times in drag to shop and try on clothes. I have also gone in drab, and they have been very accomodating.

Terri

Vivian Best
10-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I had very good luck with Lane Bryants stores and their on line store lanebryantcatalog.com.:o

Billijo49504
10-03-2006, 09:11 AM
That's why I have been telling you gurls to go to Lane Bryant. We have been to stores in 6 states, and never a bad experience. But they did stop carring my favorite style bra. Remember if you open a charge card, the first order has a % off....BJ

Angie G
10-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Jean you go girl :hugs:
Angie

ColleenCD
10-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Jean, have you been hiding your courage in your purse or your wallet? Congratulations on your bravery. If I were you, I'd simply go back to Lane Bryant to cement that SA help relationship.

Colleen

linnea
10-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Good for you! I have always had very good experiences at Lane Bryant. The sales staff have been personable and very helpful. Usually I go there en femme, but when I've gone in drab they have treated me well and not even hesitated to help me try things on.
I didn't know that they had large sized rings. I'm going to check on those this weekend!

Jasmine Ellis
10-03-2006, 05:04 PM
good for you girl know you done it you will do it again and again

Phyliss
10-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Lane Bryant will be the financial death of me yet. They just make it too easy to go and buy what I want.
Been going there for awhile now and I know all of the S.A.s there and they have a good idea of what I like.

To think that I used to be scared of the idea of going in there and buying anything. Now I'm scared to go in there because I'll buy everything if I'm not careful. :happy:

Snookums
10-03-2006, 05:28 PM
After reading so many messages here about how some stores are really helpful to their customers, I finally got up the nerve to ask the sales associate at a suburban Lane Bryant store, if I could try on some clothes. She was very helpful, and took me to some fitting rooms that were somewhat secluded from the main sales floor. (I was in drab). Anyway, the 2 sales people were very kind, and never hesitated to help me. Goes to show as others have said, they just want sales.

Thanks to all of you for telling your stories, which gave me enough nerve to do it. It was exilerating. I may try it again today at another mall.

come to Salt Lake City and do that,when I buy Lane Bryant,I do it on line,even buying shoes here is getting dangerous unless it's Halloween.
some lady in Fred Meiers saw me try on some kitten heel pointy toe pumps and told me,"people like you should be killed"

Robertacd
10-03-2006, 06:21 PM
I had very good luck with Lane Bryants stores and their on line store lanebryantcatalog.com.:o

Um... Lane Bryant (the store) and lanebryantcatalog.com are not affiliated with each other.

Even says so on their website:
http://www.lanebryantcatalog.com/Help/Help_AboutUs.aspx

Lane Bryant® Catalog We’ve Got It! Comfort, Fit and Value for Sizes 12W - 44W

In business since 1901, Lane Bryant brand has become the acknowledged industry leader in women's special-size apparel. (Lane Bryant® Catalog is not affiliated with Lane Bryant retail stores.) We offer a complete wardrobe, including shoes and intimate apparel in a wide range of styles, colors and sizes

Lane Bryant's real online store is http://www.lanebryant.com

You will fine the quality much higher than that catalog place.

brandie
10-03-2006, 06:45 PM
I Just Went To Target And Bought A New Bra And Two Pairs Of Panties, Not Even A Second Look From The Staff. Just Love There Selection. Spend Too Much There.
Never Been To Layn Bryant But Will Have To Check It Out, Thanks For The Advice.

Brandie

Deidra Cowen
10-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Lane Bryant is a very nice store. I don't usually try on cloths when shopping due to worring about kicking up a fuss when out buying enfemme. But at the Lane Bryant at the perimeter mall in Atlanta I have gone twice and the sales girl all but made me try on stuff which made me feel very welcome and wanted. You better bet I bought some stuff too when someone is that nice!

The MAC store is the same way there at the Mall. I probably buy more than I should just because they are so cool about trannies.

Kaitlyn Michele
10-03-2006, 08:39 PM
yay!! luv to hear when it works out!!

i bought stuff in male mode at ny& co..today...ladies were very nice and didnt ask any questions

Beth-GDB
10-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I Just Went To Target And Bought A New Bra And Two Pairs Of Panties, Not Even A Second Look From The Staff. Just Love There Selection. Spend Too Much There.

I got home about 2 hours ago from a little shopping expidition at Target (Australia). Just a couple of bits & pieces, but almost all of my femme underwear is from Target (and I have quite a lot of it. I've actually got too much already but then I'll see something new and think "that looks so cute" and next thing I know I'm paying for it at the checkout :D ). I still feel a bit self concious. I spent about 30 mins today just wandering the store before I started deciding what to get.

RachelDenise
10-04-2006, 04:52 AM
I'm hoping for a little free time on Friday to visit LB again! Love that store.:D

Jodi
10-04-2006, 08:06 PM
I have never shopped Lane Bryant--Their clothes are too big for me, but Lane Bryant has gotten the right idea. There is a whole other market out there for their clothes. They are taking advantage of it. SA's are there to sell. They like to deal with nice, polite people. If you have the money, they will sell you the whole store.

Lane Bryant is not the only name in the game for nice cd treatment. As mentioned above, New York & Co will give you great treatment. I have shopped in drab and tried on at Talbots. Those who know Talbots know that it is upscale, but some great buys can be gotten at their semi-annual sales. At the Talbots where I shop, the manager and staff expect me to try on when in drab. When I shop at BCBG (another upscale store), the manager and SA's will start me a fitting room without my asking. THe Limited is the same way.

Stores are learning that they can dramatically increase their sales when they open up to cd's. With retail sales as tight as they are right now, no good customer should be turned away from any store. Also, a good SA knows that when she treats a cd right, that cd will buy, and that cd will tell her friends and that cd will come back to buy more.

Jodi

Joy Carter
10-05-2006, 02:50 AM
They probably know now that we gurls can't stop stalking about clothes and that makes us a good advertisement for their store. I buy on line and by phone so I have not had the pleasure of shopping in person yet. But even in a city of 300,000 I'm too well know and I just can't take a chance on being seen in a skirt.

jjjjohanne
10-06-2006, 06:39 AM
I have openly admitted that I was shopping for myself at all of these stores and the clerks were quite helpful:
Fashion Bug
Dressbarn
The Avenue
Lane Bryant
Payless Shoes

I have shoped at other stores, but I don't remember their names. In every case, the people were nice and helpful. I always shopped in drab, (or enfemme, but looking like a boy.)

Joe

Maureen
10-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I had an absolutlely delightful experience at a Lane Bryant in Las Vegas about a year ago.
I was in guy mode, but stopped in to look around. I was quickly approached by a sales associate who asked if I needed help. I told her I was just looking, but wasn't sure what size I needed. ( Sizes seem to vary between brands. ) She looked me up and down and said, "I think you're somewhere between an 18 and a 20. Let's start a dressing room and find out for sure." She then proceeded to help me pick out several beautiful outfits for me. She also measured me for a bra, picked out a few for me to try on, and gave me her feedback on what looked best. She then helped me select panties, tights, and some accessories. I wound up spending $450.00. It was a wonderful experience and no one in the store seemed to bat an eye at what I was doing.

Jodi
10-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I had an absolutlely delightful experience at a Lane Bryant in Las Vegas about a year ago.
I was in guy mode, but stopped in to look around. I was quickly approached by a sales associate who asked if I needed help. I told her I was just looking, but wasn't sure what size I needed. ( Sizes seem to vary between brands. ) She looked me up and down and said, "I think you're somewhere between an 18 and a 20. Let's start a dressing room and find out for sure." She then proceeded to help me pick out several beautiful outfits for me. She also measured me for a bra, picked out a few for me to try on, and gave me her feedback on what looked best. She then helped me select panties, tights, and some accessories. I wound up spending $450.00. It was a wonderful experience and no one in the store seemed to bat an eye at what I was doing.

Maureen, Now that was one very smart SA. She knows where green comes from.

Jodi

Billijo49504
10-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Hi All, The wife works at Avenue. They also have a corp policy of being CD friendly. Actually, she says, theirs is customer friendly. So if you're buying, they are friendly...BJ

noname
10-08-2006, 04:18 AM
Ah, the avenue. My wife and I were there today. Not for me for, none of their clothes will fit me :tongueout But I will say they were super friendly. Greeting us, checking up on us and the like.