PDA

View Full Version : Finally bought some of my own makeup, yay!

Allie
12-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey everybody! Well i finally went and purchased some of my own makeup. I had gone to the Cover Girl site to figure out what foundaition to use, and went to the store today and bought it! im happy. it does wash off with water though right, ive never used it lol.
Allie. :)

Tristen Cox
12-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Good for you Allie ;) Uhm does it wash off? LOL.. I hope so or you'll have some explaining to do :p Have fun doing yourself up!

Love & hugs
Tristen

Vallari
12-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Congratulations gurl! Your CD'ing has just reached a new level! :) Its right up there with buying a wig for the first time or breast forms for that matter. I use CG too and water is effective somewhat, but you have to rub a while. Your best bet is cleansing cream. Rub that on the foundation with water and it lifts right off. It also smells nice too and Im sure it helps the skin as well. Good luck with the make-up! :)

Donna Louise
12-30-2004, 06:27 AM
Hi

I started with CG too. I have moved to Loreal, it works better for me. Yup it will all washes off but!

I love pencil eye liners. They keeps me from getting those floating eyelashes. Getting it off is a pain though. After washing my face some is always still there.

I have some liquid eye makeup remover. Dip a q-tip in it and very carefully remove the last of the liner. One word - Damn does that stuff sting if you get a little in your eye. :(

Enjoy it girl. It will make a world of difference in how you look and how you feel. It does for me.

If you have no one to help you learn to put makeup on. Check out books on makeup. I searched on the internet, went to a large book store. Stuided the books and bought the two I thought were best. They helped me to not get the clown face.

Best of Luck
Donna Louise

DonnaT
12-30-2004, 08:18 AM
Congratulations Allie. Big step!

If you can handle standing in line with a basket of makeup and being surrounded by GGs, you can handle all other fem purchases.

I prefer Noxema when removing makeup. It removes it all, mascara, pencil liner, lipstick . . . First used it when I was in a play in High School. The girls that did our makeup told us to use the Noxema to remove it. Used it ever since. Just put some in the palm, spread all over, then use a wash cloth to finish washing an wipe away. Moisturizes while it cleans, too.

Tamara Croft
12-30-2004, 11:39 AM
I use Garnier Synergie gentle cleansing milk to remove all my makeup. It even gets off mascara....and we all know how tough that is!!!

My routine can be found here: -

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44197#post44197

But I remove my eye make up by putting a bit of the cleanser onto dampened cotton wool. Work from the top of the eyebrow down to the lashes and then I wipe from the corner of the eye, under the lashes to the side of the eye. The best thing about cleansing milk I find is, it doesn't sting.

Tamara x

LauraB
12-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Well done babe

Now all you need is some time and some practice and

Wow you will look so good

Love
Laura

Julie
12-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Allie, congratulations on your first purchase of make up. Like Tamara I use Garnier Synergie and it's excellent at removing make up.

JJ

nuffsaid
12-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Since we're talking about makeup, have anyone tried bare escentuals?

I keep seeing their comercials on tv and I was wondering how well it works.